You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#46 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 9:44:30 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

I wasn't remarking about the chat applet in this thread. I was remarking about the Post a reply page on the forum. (The multiplying header is showing up again even as I type this.)

As I have stated before, I am running Chrome or Firefox on Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Ultimately, that should be irrelevant. The era of tweaking websites for specific browsers should be dead, now that all major browsers are standards compliant. Any website that looks significantly different from one browser to another is poorly coded. That was the point of my previous post. I can't even imagine what kind of bug would result in a header that slowly fills up my entire screen. I have never seen that kind of behavior before on any webpage. lol

Obviously, I am not blaming you. I am simply baffled that the developers could release such a buggy package.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#47 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2011 6:27:54 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
I wasn't remarking about the chat applet in this thread. I was remarking about the Post a reply page on the forum. (The multiplying header is showing up again even as I type this.)

As I have stated before, I am running Chrome or Firefox on Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Ultimately, that should be irrelevant. The era of tweaking websites for specific browsers should be dead, now that all major browsers are standards compliant. Any website that looks significantly different from one browser to another is poorly coded. That was the point of my previous post. I can't even imagine what kind of bug would result in a header that slowly fills up my entire screen. I have never seen that kind of behavior before on any webpage. lol

Obviously, I am not blaming you. I am simply baffled that the developers could release such a buggy package.

I already addressed the browser comment in another thread, no reason to rehash it again.

I've said this quite a few times and apparently need to make it clear once again.

This site is TWO software's working as one.

There's the core site, which is DotNetNuke, or the shell if you will.
The forums are YetAnotherForum, which the software developers created a module for DotNetNuke.

The version of dotnetnuke we're running, is 6.0.0 which is NOT compatible with 1.9.5.5. Therefore we'll see some goofy stupid stuff because the YAF folks didn't release the DNN module for YAF that works with DNN 6.0.0 yet.

Make sense?

This probably begs the question, why upgrade one, when it's not compatible with the other? Here's where we go full circle back to the topic of this thread. I'm sick of waking up in the morning and seeing the site is under construction. I shouldn't be nervous when I navigate to my own site in the morning. I tested the DNN version on packersbeta.com and it worked fine with YAF 1.9.5.5 so I upgraded in HOPES that the annoying pissant under construction page never shows its ugly fat fucking face again.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#48 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2011 6:54:53 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
The site is acting very strange today.

Can you explain in more detail exactly what you did that this happened? It was on Mac OS X and Google Chrome, right?

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:42:07 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

When you come to PackersHome and see "Under Construction", chances are the SQL Server is timing out. This tells the site software, hey something is wrong, throw up the Under Construction page. It's done for security reasons.

I'm in constant discussion with the host. They will either fix this issue, or the site will be moved to a new host.

The only time I have the site under construction is going to be late on a Friday evening, or during the weekend. I usually use my own custom page for the site being down too.

So basically if you see the under construction, that's the host fucking up, again. Good thing the host is free... oh wait.

UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:51:56 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 563
Applause Received: 589

Kevin, do you want us to let you know when we get the UNDER CONSTRUCTION page (as opposed to the one that has your one sentence message)?

Its happened to me several times over the past few weeks, but I can't remember exactly when other than its when I'm at home rather than at work (say 7 pm-6 a.m.)
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline wpr  
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:03:14 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,418
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Kevin, do you want us to let you know when we get the UNDER CONSTRUCTION page (as opposed to the one that has your one sentence message)?

Its happened to me several times over the past few weeks, but I can't remember exactly when other than its when I'm at home rather than at work (say 7 pm-6 a.m.)

I don't have many issues with the site. You get those messages because Kevin Hates you and tries to keep you from crawling back in. Big Grin

EDIT- FACTOID!!Weeeee!!
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 6:58:32 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Since going to the new host we haven't had any unintentional under construction pages. They were happening two or three times at least a week with the old host because the site would fail to connect to the database.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 11/8/2011(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:20:04 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Since going to the new host we haven't had any unintentional under construction pages. They were happening two or three times at least a week with the old host because the site would fail to connect to the database.

I noticed! Applause Applause Applause

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#54 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2011 10:19:41 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I don't think we've had one Under Construction issue since the new host. Amazing how much a host can improve your site. It's been about a month or so now I believe.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 12/2/2011(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#55 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2011 10:34:19 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I don't think we've had one Under Construction issue since the new host. Amazing how much a host can improve your site. It's been about a month or so now I believe.

I think I did get an error message of some kind in the past week. I just waited to log in until later in the day.

This is much more better of a site.
Quote:
This page was generated in 0.139 seconds

UserPostedImage