Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
6 Pages<1234>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:14:54 AM(UTC)
have a great time AK.
zombieslayer  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:16:15 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride said: Go to Quoted Post
One can read all of the scribes/writers takes and thoughts on how coaching changes effect in a positive or negative aspect to the next game. In reality though, the smartest football people do not work for ESPM, CBC, or NBC.

The smartest people as far as how any thing changes are the heads of the Vegas Sports Books. These people are not writing for impact and to get more web and social media hits like individual reporters are who work for a network that is selling views.

Ah, finally found someone who agrees with me. Yes, Vegas knows WAY more about sports than the talking heads that we're stuck with. People conveniently forget that the talking heads have no money to lose when they're stupid. Vegas folk do.
AKampfan78  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:09:19 PM(UTC)
Thanks WPR, will do my best!
Wade  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:52:25 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post
Ah, finally found someone who agrees with me. Yes, Vegas knows WAY more about sports than the talking heads that we're stuck with. People conveniently forget that the talking heads have no money to lose when they're stupid. Vegas folk do.

Well, it doesn't really take much to know more than the talking heads.

The only talking heads that are worth anything are the ones that agree with me (if there are any), or the ones that are eye candy (see Hannah Storm). [grin1]

What Vegas oddsmakers are better at than just about anyone else is in assessing the beliefs of people who bet. That's what determines the odds they give -- how many people they think will bet each way.

Any oddsmaker that doesn't win regardless of the game's outcome isn't going to be an oddsmaker long.

go.pack.go.  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:37:05 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
Well, it doesn't really take much to know more than the talking heads.

The only talking heads that are worth anything are the ones that agree with me (if there are any), or the ones that are eye candy (see Hannah Storm). [grin1]

I like some of the talking heads like Meril Hodge, who actually watches film every week and forms his own opinion on things. Also, NFL Network has some good analysts that form their opinions and aren't afraid to say what they think.

(Usually former players are good about having their own opinion)
vikesrule  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:02:31 PM(UTC)
Just got back on the last Delta flight from Trinidad.

It was my great fortune to contact Tia Dalma, who possess many abilities and powers such as voodoo, obeah and hoodoo.

UserPostedImage

So......... we shall see my friends....yes, we shall see....bwaaahaaaa
zombieslayer  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 1:10:50 AM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post

It was my great fortune to contact Tia Dalma, who possess many abilities and powers such as voodoo, obeah and hoodoo.

UserPostedImage

Yeah, whatever.

I thought you already knew that Lovie Smith did voodoo to beat the Packers. Look what good that did him.

Then in 2007, Bill Belichick sold his soul to the Devil for a perfect season. Look what good that did him (he didn't read the fine print).

Feel free to experiment with magic. It never works quite as you expect.
Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:06:05 AM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

Should have done some research on Tia before making up such a silly story, she's a Packers fan, dweeb!! :P
Yerko  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:42:48 AM(UTC)
AKampfan78 said: Go to Quoted Post
I am heading to the game with my friend, G-Force. Hope to see a decent contest, no injury's to the Packers and another W. Go Pack Go!

Woo! Pure luck that I am able to hit three Packers games in one season (2 with AK) during this great win streak.
Anyone else coming to this game?

Packers have this game in the bag. Palko is going to throw at least 4-5 interceptions and on the flip side, even minus Jennings, Rodgers will throw 3-4 touchdowns.

Rodgers will be benched by half or mid-3rd quarter depending on how the offensive line is playing. The offensive line will continue to get swapped around, which is nice for development sake, but not so nice for Rodgers.

Another big game for Ryan Grant? Where the hell did that come from last week?

Packers- 42
Chiefs- 10
DoddPower  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:26:21 AM(UTC)
G-Force said: Go to Quoted Post
Woo! Pure luck that I am able to hit three Packers games in one season (2 with AK) during this great win streak.
Anyone else coming to this game?

Packers have this game in the bag. Palko is going to throw at least 4-5 interceptions and on the flip side, even minus Jennings, Rodgers will throw 3-4 touchdowns.

Rodgers will be benched by half or mid-3rd quarter depending on how the offensive line is playing. The offensive line will continue to get swapped around, which is nice for development sake, but not so nice for Rodgers.

Another big game for Ryan Grant? Where the hell did that come from last week?

Packers- 42
Chiefs- 10

Orton will be starting. Also, I think IronMan will be at this game. Hit him up.
Yerko  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:29:40 AM(UTC)
doddpower said: Go to Quoted Post
Orton will be starting. Also, I think IronMan will be at this game. Hit him up.

Possibly Stanzi if Orton can't go...this should be interesting. Does IronMan come through here anymore? I hardly see him.
Nonstopdrivel  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:00:45 PM(UTC)
He's a chat room regular, not so much a forum regular.
wpr  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:13:01 PM(UTC)
have a great time GForce
CaliforniaCheez  
#34 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:32:43 AM(UTC)
A couple of thoughts:

Arrowhead is one of the oldest stadiums designed for football. Outdoors with natural grass it is a nice venue. After 40 years it got some renovations recently. Stadiums are the least expensive if you build them well and have them last a long time. The Chiefs ownership has been smart about that. It has been a tough venue for opposing teams.

The Chiefs have a nutcase GM. When first hired he fired the entire scouting staff. I said it was because he didn't know any of them. I'm sure at least one of them was competent and would have been liked by GM Pioli.

I could tell from the preseason game that the Chiefs were not a talented team. It was more than just not having a good enough QB (Pioli's boy Cassel from the Patriots, Pioli's former employer).
After the Packers Preseason game the Chiefs first two games were big losses 41-7 to Buffalo and 48-3 to Detroit. The Chiefs were not ready to play after a crazy offseason without workouts.

You can debate firing the head coach of a 5-8 team. But you knew that Pioli would put a former Patriot, Romeo Crennel, in as interim coach. To me it appears that Pioli is making an attempt to hold on to power. He probably would not have liked what Haley would say in his end of the season report to the owner.

Pioli has been with Belichick from Cleveland to the Jets to the Patriots. Going to Kansas City on his own he has not been making any friends. The lack of stability at the franchise has hurt the morale.

I don't think the Chiefs will be a good franchise until Pioli is gone.

Zero2Cool  
#35 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:32:40 PM(UTC)
It looks like James Starks and Bradon Saine won't be playing, leaving the Packers with John Kuhn and Ryan Grant. I'm going to say the Packers will carry less than 20 times rushing the ball, lol.
zombieslayer  
#36 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 10:42:00 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
It looks like James Starks and Bradon Saine won't be playing, leaving the Packers with John Kuhn and Ryan Grant. I'm going to say the Packers will carry less than 20 times rushing the ball, lol.

I go for more. Packers will have a sizable lead early. That's when Mike McCarthy likes to run.
bboystyle  
#37 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 7:00:27 PM(UTC)
i have a feeling our O will be off due to Jennings missing and Nelson possibly being doubled...I truly think our Depth at WR will be partially exposed as over rated..DOnt get me wrong,we'll still win,but i think this game might be dangerous for Rodgers if our O-line dont hold up because i have a feeling our WR's wont be open as much...Just a gut feeling so i could be wrong
azrunning  
#38 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:27:19 PM(UTC)
Actually I think these next three games will show how good the depth of the receiver corps is as everybody else steps it up.
Silentio  
#39 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:38:22 PM(UTC)
Packers win 87-3. Grant runs for 400 yards. Finley scores 6 TDs. Rodgers throws for 857 yards, and after the game God takes Rodgers into heaven in a shining chariot effectively ending Green Bay’s Super Bowl run.
zombieslayer  
#40 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 10:31:08 PM(UTC)
azrunning said: Go to Quoted Post
Actually I think these next three games will show how good the depth of the receiver corps is as everybody else steps it up.

Agreed.

Those who play fantasy, Nelson & JJ have big games.
Rss Feed