Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline millertime  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 7:27:59 PM(UTC)
millertime

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 5

Originally Posted by: get_louder_at_lambeau Go to Quoted Post
Nope. It doesn't. It means we have 7 sacks after two games, like it said. 3.5 per game so far. Last year we averaged 2.9 sacks per game. Capers didn't exactly bring the house all day vs. CAR, so I'm not freaking out about a lack of consistent pressure. Lots of 3 and 4 man rushes, and they seemed to play some contain to keep Newton from running wild.

Also nice is that we have only given up 3 sacks so far, or 1.5 per game, compared to 2.4 per game last year. So we are getting 2.0 more sacks per game than our opponents so far, compared to 0.5 more sacks per game last year. Kinda nice to see.

Speaking of differentials, our turnover differential is +4 right now, tied for 3rd in the league. Last year the Packers finished the regular season at Slapnuts0, 2009 at +24, and 2008 at +7. We lead league in turnover differential over the slightly over three year Aaron Rodgers era. +4 through 2 games could be the start of something really good.

Agreed. Sacks are like passing yards, the situation is more important than the numbers. Sacks matter most when they change the score of the game (ie. force a punt, knock out of FG range, etc). One of our sacks was because Cam ran out of bounds 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage. I'm basing this more off of my perception of our defense through two games, than off pure stats. It just seems like QBs have been able to sit back torch our secondary, which I'm thinking has more to do with our d-line than our DBs. I'm not sure how we fix this with Collins out for the year. I'm thinking we should use Bush in the slot with Burnett and Woodson back at safety for a couple plays a game.
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
-Vince Lombardi
Offline Greg C.  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:33:31 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Why did this thread get moved? It's entirely about the Packers.
blank
Online beast  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:32:50 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 170
Applause Received: 259

Originally Posted by: Greg C. Go to Quoted Post
Why did this thread get moved? It's entirely about the Packers.

Because it's about Jenkins and Jenkins isn't a Packers... therefor someone thought it shouldn't be in the Packers thread (but I agree it's basically about the Packers and the Packers area would of been fine) Maybe a different subject line like... "What's missing in the Packers pressures" and listing players like Zombo, Neal, Jenkins, Green, would of kept it in the Packers zone. (it's kind the catch or no catch in the zone thing)
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Online beast  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:38:32 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 170
Applause Received: 259

Originally Posted by: Greg C. Go to Quoted Post
Good point. I will add that Wynn has played pretty decently in Jenkins' old spot. I think the absence of Jenkins is only a small part of the poor pass defense so far.

Yeah Wynn has stepped it up very nicely. But he's not getting the type of attention Jenkins got and beat, which would also help free up Matthews. And it's also Neal, Zombo, So'oto, Collins and Williams being hurt as well as Green not seemingly showing up like he did last year which he added some pass rush on the inside.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#20 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 8:14:38 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I like this comment I found on the JSOnline Packers blog:

NC Cheese Machine wrote:
Wynn makes close to the league minimum, Jenkins over $4 million a yr. 3 sacks vs. 4 sacks, at this pt. The production is about the same. One is a member of a dline that is 30th in the league allowing 131 yds per game against the run. The other is on a dline that is leading the league in rush defense at 55 yds a game. And... Wynn has potential to get better.
Ted Thompson makes the tough decisions. The team can't keep everybody.

The beauty (aside from your point) of letting some of these guys go? You get comp picks in return. If Jenkins and Colledge stay healthy, you're talking possibly a 3rd and a 4th rounder, just for them? Korey Hall, etc. also left via FA. Could end up with 3 comp picks (max is 3, I think) and a couple 7th rd picks for Schlauderhaff and Quinn Johnson.

Speaking of Quinn Johnson...seems like the Titan running game is not hitting on all cylinders. Maybe letting him go wasn't such a hard decision after all.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 9/30/2011(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#21 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 8:33:25 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 1,309

Dr. Death, how many times do I have to tell you, that you cannot use reason and logic to make an argument when discussing a departed fan favorite Packer. Christ, isn't being right enough for you! Do you have to rub it in faces too? :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#22 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 8:58:45 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

It hurts when you you whale on me with a paddle, sir. Couldn't you use a flexible switch next time?
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 9:02:29 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Dr. Death

UserPostedImage

On topic.. the biggest argument to keep Jenkins around is overall depth and pass rush.. to this point other than Wynn stepping up, the other candidates to replace the push Jenkins got are either quiet (Wilson) or sitting on the sidelines (Neal).

There is no doubt we have run depth on the line, but I think it a bit early to say that the Jenkins deal was a complete win.

If Jarius stays healthy and this productive all season long.. it was yet another stroke of genius.

If Neal continues to scoffle in returns and Wynn's production falls off.. it may look a bit different.

Personally.. the contract Jenkins received was borderline in snapping up and resigning him.. but it was a calculated risk that may yet again pan out.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#24 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 9:31:21 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 1,309

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
It hurts when you you whale on me with a paddle, sir. Couldn't you use a flexible switch next time?

Bee sting therapy is my expertise, but I could be real sadistic and bring you in for Sourkraut Days in Wishek, North Dakota. You haven't lived until you've seen Milo Hutzenbueler perform.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2012 1:40:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,023

I remember Cullen Jenkins contract being discussed earlier in the season and it was said the Eagles have an out after year one. I wonder if they pay him the bonus which brings him to $7.75 million for 2012 or cut him?

2012: $2.75 million (+ $5 million roster bonus)
2013: $4 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus)
2014: $4.5 million (+ $2 million roster bonus)
2015: $6 million
2016: Free Agent

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2012 10:03:20 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,023

Originally Posted by: Buck Go to Quoted Post
After yesterdays game, fellas, I have to admit that I was missing Cullen Jenkins. It seemed like Cam had forever and our D line couldn't get there. It looks like our D line is missing something. Hopefully Neal will be that missing piece and soon!

Hopefully the players drafted, plus Desmond Moses can make us forget about missing Jenkins ... hope ... hope!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Rss Feed