Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wischeez  
#31 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:55:15 PM(UTC)
wischeez

Applause Received: 1

I was on the "ban Bush' bandwagon when they played the 49ers for all the penalties he was getting a critical times(remind you of someone else?), but I think with a little more concentration and learning on his part, he'll be a decent corner. Nothing like Harris or Woodson though.
blank
Offline hosemeoff  
#32 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:21:58 PM(UTC)
hosemeoff

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
:thumbright: I especially like the ice cream truck with the skulls, reminds me of my first car.

Mental note: Do not piss off wischeez.

I had the pleasure of making it up for the Jets game 2 years ago and our seats were behind the Green Bay bench (quite a few rows up). Before Bush went on the field (for special teams) he would get incredibly amped up by jumping and tucking his legs like a wild man. It was hilarious and pretty impressive (Bush has a good vertical and explosivness). I wonder if some of his lapses are just a case of jitters that he can't shake due to hyping himself up too much. When he is on, he brings great measurables and is pretty good at sticking with his man. I hope he can cut down on his lapses because I think he can be a good one for us if he can pull it all together. Unfortunately, he's quickly approaching put up or shut up time, but I'm definately pulling for him.

BTW, Kampman also has some pretty hilarious stretching routines.
blank
Offline evad04  
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:28:19 PM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 77
Applause Received: 140

:thumbright: I especially like the ice cream truck with the skulls, reminds me of my first car.

Mental note: Do not piss off wischeez.

I had the pleasure of making it up for the Jets game 2 years ago and our seats were behind the Green Bay bench (quite a few rows up). Before Bush went on the field (for special teams) he would get incredibly amped up by jumping and tucking his legs like a wild man. It was hilarious and pretty impressive (Bush has a good vertical and explosivness). I wonder if some of his lapses are just a case of jitters that he can't shake due to hyping himself up too much. When he is on, he brings great measurables and is pretty good at sticking with his man. I hope he can cut down on his lapses because I think he can be a good one for us if he can pull it all together. Unfortunately, he's quickly approaching put up or shut up time, but I'm definately pulling for him.

BTW, Kampman also has some pretty hilarious stretching routines.

Didn't know about Bush's stretching prowess. Good info (sounds like I'm being sarcastic -- I'm not).

I was at that Jets game. Road tripped to Lambeau with my girlfriend. Toured the Packers HOF, went to the Favre Steakhouse. That was only the second time I'd been to Green Bay to see a game. The other was the Vikings playoff loss from a few seasons before. I've seen some real stinkers in person. :(
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline hosemeoff  
#34 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:39:51 PM(UTC)
hosemeoff

Yeah, I think the Pack stinking it up for that game was karma for me. My first pilgrimage to the mother land was the previous year for the Lions game, which was 1 of the 4 games we won that year with Favre and The Replacements.
blank
Offline evad04  
#35 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:46:50 PM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 77
Applause Received: 140

Yeah, I think the Pack stinking it up for that game was karma for me. My first pilgrimage to the mother land was the previous year for the Lions game, which was 1 of the 4 games we won that year with Favre and The Replacements.

If only we hired a former sumo-wrestler for the o-line and an alcoholic Irish soccer player for kicker. We would have been unstoppable.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Online gbpfan  
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 11:03:50 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

wynn's upside is he is never on the field long enough to do anything i think between heron and lumpkin it will be lumpkin
Offline Cheesey  
#37 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2008 10:17:45 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 229
Applause Received: 453

Look forTed Thompsonto shock the world by cutting Rodgers.

His cackle will be heard from the peaks of the Rockies to the foothills of the Appalachians as he burns Lambeau field to the ground. Then he'll drive away in his ice cream truck completely covered in human skulls.

Haha classic. +Applause :thumbleft:

Yup!
He's getting one from me for that one too!!! :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#38 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:52:03 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

wynn's upside is he is never on the field long enough to do anything i think between heron and lumpkin it will be lumpkin

I think Herron will be the #3, because he is so much more polished in the passing game (I'm assuming Lumpkin does not have much experience in that area), but Lumpkin will make the roster as a #4 RB and will be inactive on game days unless one of the others gets hurt. He still needs to prove something in this last preseason game, though, or he may be headed for the practice squad, where he could get signed by another team.

Just like the LB position, we had little depth at RB last season but good depth this year.
blank
Offline greenwhiteandnogold  
#39 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:31:41 PM(UTC)
greenwhiteandnogold

Please cut Ted Thompson!
blank
Offline bozz_2006  
#40 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:52:25 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

please cut greenwhiteandgold
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#41 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:54:09 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Please cut Ted Thompson!

Is there such a thing as negative applaud points? There should be. We could call them raspberries.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#42 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 2:47:29 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Is there such a thing as negative applaud points? There should be. We could call them raspberries.

I think Madonna has more raspberries than anyone else.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline zombieslayer  
#43 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 2:49:36 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Herron's a lot better than people give him credit for. Herron's on the team. He won't be cut.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Cheesey  
#44 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 3:30:07 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 229
Applause Received: 453

Herron's a lot better than people give him credit for. Herron's on the team. He won't be cut.

I can see that. Herron isn't flashy, but dependable. I like Lumpkin because of what he has shown so far. But Herron has always been dependable. I wish we could keep both. Maybe we will, who knows?
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#45 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 4:23:47 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 421

I can see that. Herron isn't flashy, but dependable. I like Lumpkin because of what he has shown so far. But Herron has always been dependable. I wish we could keep both. Maybe we will, who knows?

Herron is a so patient and our offense has a lot of key packages that asks the backs to be patient. The screens and those delayed underhand passes. You can design those plays around Noah Herron. You cant Morency in my opinion. Morency dances a little to much for my liking and thats why I think hes the odd man out.

Then again, Lumpkin could have a poor showing on Thursday and than could mean they go with the experience players and try and sneak Lumpkin on the practice squad. I still think that's a long shot though as someone would claim him.
Rss Feed