Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
12 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Wade  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:06:58 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 694
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Sweet, one player? What player is going to fix both the drops on offense and the piss poor tackling on defense? I say Packers should sign said player to a life time contract, NOW!

Chuck Bednarik.

(Now where is that time machine again?)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline zombieslayer  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:09:09 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
I don't know why people think our running attack is so terrible. It's not, it's above average.

What is more critical for our success, to run better or to keep Aaron Rodgers upright?

If I have time today, I'll start a new thread what went wrong in 2011. And it comes down to only one thing - the pass rush sucked. Yes, THAT the big difference between 2010 and 2011.

Our running game is fine. Keeping Aaron Rodgers upright should be our #1 offensive priority. Keeping the other QB on his back should be our #1 defensive priority.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 3/6/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:23:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
If I have time today, I'll start a new thread what went wrong in 2011. And it comes down to only one thing - the pass rush sucked. Yes, THAT the big difference between 2010 and 2011.

Our running game is fine. Keeping Aaron Rodgers upright should be our #1 offensive priority. Keeping the other QB on his back should be our #1 defensive priority.

I like the offensive/defensive priorities and agree. Do you think the Packers could have tackled the QB if they got more pressure? And what are we saying is pressure again? I was confused by this once before, lol.

QB Pressure is having a player flush him out of the pocket, right?
QB Sack is the QB being ... umm .. sacked.
QB Hurried is the QB in or out of the pocket throwing the ball without being able to set properly because of "pressure" from the defenses?

I thought the Packers had got into the face of the QB quite a bit last season? I think someone posted the numbers too. The actual sack total was something like 29 where as the prior season it was 47. I could have some digits wrong, but the point is, the Packers didn't sack the QB enough.

The lack of tackling still pisses me off, but yes, the lack of sacking the QB ~3 times per game hurt the Packers more than their inability to wrap up tackles. I suppose.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 12:36:17 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 164
Applause Received: 269

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Am I just a dumbass, or would signing Carl Nicks from the Saints to play LG and sliding TJ Lang to center solve our anemic running attack? I would rather pay a 27 year old All Pro big bucks than a questionable pro bowl center big bucks.

Flame away.

I like this. I had the same thought of going after Nicks, except the line shuffling in a different order (which I know you will disagree with because I have posted this thought before). I said sign Nicks, bump Lang to RT and Bulaga to LT. Of course, this would only work if we were okay at C, which we aren't so your scenario sounds 10x better than mine. Either way, this would be a quality FA signing and would help the o-line greatly. I think it would be okay to open up the bank for a player like Nicks, he is a great player and he is young (27?).

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 5:26:43 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,786
Applause Received: 676

According to Florio, the Packers biggest need is a replacement for Matt Flynn. Also says Ted should sign Levi Brown as a LT.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline gbguy20  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 6:50:41 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 210
Applause Received: 285

yeah but florio doesn't know his head from his ass
call me Dan
Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 6:55:30 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
yeah but florio doesn't know his head from his ass

Aaron Rodgers is injury prone, therefore Mike Florio is spot on when he says the biggest need for the Packers is the backup QB.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:10:41 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

lets trade that injury prone asshole and bring in ironman favre

won't need a backup then
call me Dan
Offline Packers_Finland  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 4:47:58 AM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
According to Florio, the Packers biggest need is a replacement for Matt Flynn. Also says Ted should sign Levi Brown as a LT.

Yeah, let's sign one of the biggest busts of the last couple of years to be our LT, when we've drafted two OTs in the last two drafts in the first round. Great idea. Not matter what anyone says, Levi Brown fucking sucks. He sucked less last year than before, but he still sucks.

I'm fine with Graham Harrell as our backup QB. Our biggest needs are DE, OLB, SS.
This is a placeholder
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 3/7/2012(UTC)
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:19:43 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

They already signed a replacement for Harrel. Who is replacing Flynn. The new guy is an un-drafted FA by the name of Nick Hill. He played for Southern Illinois. After college he played Arena Football.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline Wade  
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:42:58 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 694
Applause Received: 725

Does anyone know anything about Kameron WImbley's overall quality? I've seen rumors he's about to be let go by Oakland (many with pictures of him getting a TD against GB, alas).
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:39:43 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know anything about Kameron WImbley's overall quality? I've seen rumors he's about to be let go by Oakland (many with pictures of him getting a TD against GB, alas).

I wonder if that graphic is used so often because it was the only major play he made that season?

UserPostedImage
Offline Packers_Finland  
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 2:07:14 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

He was the top ranked 4-3 OLB in the league after Von Miller in the ProFootballFocus grades this year I think. He was tearing it up as a run defender and pass rusher. His size suggests he's a perfect fit as a 3-4 OLB but his first few years with the Browns playing that position he didn't have that much production.

I think he has the potential to be a terrific player for any team regardless of the scheme, but for what he'll probably want for a salary I don't think we can really afford him.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if that graphic is used so often because it was the only major play he made that season?

I can never tell if you're being serious or not, but yeah, every Oakland game I saw last year (and I saw like 3 or 4 games) he was terrorizing the offensive line all game. That play against the Packers may have been his biggest splash play of the year (though he did have a 4-sack performance vs the Chargers and a near pick six vs the Bears), but he was very effective on a snap-to-snap basis.
This is a placeholder
Offline gbguy20  
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 2:27:14 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland Go to Quoted Post
He was the top ranked 4-3 OLB in the league after Von Miller in the ProFootballFocus grades this year I think. He was tearing it up as a run defender and pass rusher. His size suggests he's a perfect fit as a 3-4 OLB but his first few years with the Browns playing that position he didn't have that much production.

I think he has the potential to be a terrific player for any team regardless of the scheme, but for what he'll probably want for a salary I don't think we can really afford him.

I can never tell if you're being serious or not, but yeah, every Oakland game I saw last year (and I saw like 3 or 4 games) he was terrorizing the offensive line all game. That play against the Packers may have been his biggest splash play of the year (though he did have a 4-sack performance vs the Chargers and a near pick six vs the Bears), but he was very effective on a snap-to-snap basis.

I see you guys mention this kind of thing all over these forums, do you pay for a membership for this site? Everytime I look at it I can't find anything thats being talked about here.
call me Dan
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 2:39:24 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland Go to Quoted Post

It was a legit question. I don't know of him and can't recall hearing of him. I think I get him and Cameron Wake blended in as one sometimes.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed