Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
9 Pages«<34567>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pack93z  
#81 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 12:36:31 PM(UTC)
Here is the type of flyer that we might partake in.. he would be fresh and we may get lucky on him for a year. Would be cost effective I would guess.. 78 career sacks in 9 years (10 in his last year), retired before the 2010 season. Played in 16 games a year except for one season (2008).

Big question.. can he rush from the edge? He more than likely would be a liability in coverage.

http://nfltraderumors.co...oming-out-of-retirement/

Quote:
Drayton Florence tweets that he spoke with DE Aaron Schobel recently and he mentioned that he’s considering coming out of retirement for just one-year.

It’s hard to say if you can put a lot of stock in this but it’s certainly an interesting idea. Schobel informed the Bills that he was considering retirement and Bills responded by releasing him. Instead of seeking a new contract, Schobel chose to call it a career despite the fact that he was only 31 at the time.
Packers_Finland  
#82 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 1:32:36 PM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
They can be interested all they want.. with the injury to Quarless.. I don't know that it is logical for us to part with Williams and probably not get much back in return.

With the injury to Quarless... dude we have 4 other healthy young tight ends. If we get something out of one of 'em, I say take it. There's probably not room for Finley, Quarless, D.J., Crabtree and Taylor again this year.
Since69  
#83 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 1:46:42 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland said: Go to Quoted Post
Now that Kamerion Wimbley is officially avaivable (although La Canfora broke the decision to cut him days ago), we should break the bank for this guy. Cut Clifton, and hand out as much money as he wants.

Matthews & Wimbley would be more dangerous than Peppers and Mario would've been.

Yes. THIS!

Edit to add that Adam Schefter just tweeted that the Rams just reached a deal with Scott Wells...
Nonstopdrivel  
#84 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 5:01:20 PM(UTC)
I think it's hilarious every time a player from the Packers chases the big bucks to go play for a team that sucks. I don't know about you guys, but I loathe losing at ANYTHING, even a meaningless game of chess. I can't imagine wanting to play for a team that is most likely going to have a losing season, even it did pay me more, anymore than I would take an offer for higher pay with a company that had a reputation for a toxic work environment. I would get sick of losing fast and it would sap my passion for the game. I would far rather play for less money on a team that has great prospects and a positive environment, like the Patriots, Packers, or Ravens.
Since69  
#85 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 5:49:20 PM(UTC)
Aaaaaaand the Texans just re-signed Chris Myers...
cheeseheads123  
#86 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 5:56:10 PM(UTC)
So as of now who is out starting center? EDS?
gbguy20  
#87 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 6:16:05 PM(UTC)
there is a SHIT TON of centers on the market right now.
Packers_Finland  
#88 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 6:47:32 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
there is a SHIT TON of centers on the market right now.

If we can't get Samson Satele then all that's left are backup quality players and dinosaurs like Saturday.
Zero2Cool  
#89 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 8:05:42 PM(UTC)
Scott Wells
3/16/2012: Singed a four-year, $24 million contract. The deal contains $13 million guaranteed. Another $1.5 million is available through incentives.

$6 million per year??
blueleopard  
#90 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 11:52:11 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Scott Wells
3/16/2012: Singed a four-year, $24 million contract. The deal contains $13 million guaranteed. Another $1.5 million is available through incentives.

$6 million per year??

That is cheap as heck for one of the best centers in the league.

Wells must have been butt-hurt about something. Either that or Ted Thompson wants his guys and only his guys.
Zero2Cool  
#91 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:02:40 AM(UTC)
JSOnline is saying it's six years for $24 million, but I think they are in error.

JSOnline said:
Update: According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the deal is worth $24 million over six years with $13 million guaranteed.
cheeseheads123  
#92 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:18:06 AM(UTC)
4 yr, $24M ($13M guaranteed) for Scott Wells.

4 yr, $25M ($14M guaranteed) for Chris Meyers.
buckeyepackfan  
#93 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:39:28 AM(UTC)
Wells to St. Louis, Clifton a big ?, prob done, Sherrod a ?,

I hope ted has a plan, (sure he does), as of right now, A. Rodgers may be running for his life.

Wells for 6 mil a year, IMHO Ted should have been able to match that.

Oh well, time to sit back and see what developes.
dhazer  
#94 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:45:17 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
Wells to St. Louis, Clifton a big ?, prob done, Sherrod a ?,

I hope ted has a plan, (sure he does), as of right now, A. Rodgers may be running for his life.

Wells for 6 mil a year, IMHO Ted should have been able to match that.

Oh well, time to sit back and see what developes.

This is reminding me of the Seattle team Ted Thompson and Holmgrem built in Seattle, they did good until their big name players started wanting big contracts and were let go elsewhere. Get ready folks it is starting already. I will admit Ted Thompson is good at building a team thru the draft but he is unproven on building a dynasty.

cheeseheads123  
#95 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:48:12 AM(UTC)
Rams sign Langford
cheeseheads123  
#96 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:58:35 AM(UTC)
Packers reached out to Wimbley
Wade  
#97 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:59:55 AM(UTC)
The Wells signing remind anyone of Jenkins' signing last year?

Last year everyone echoed the Packer party line that they couldn't afford to afford to overpay for Jenkins. And Jenkins ended up signing with Philly with a deal that was nowhere near "breaking the bank."

Now this year, the Packers again want to avoid overpaying Wells. And he signs for a deal which isn't particularly rich by 2012 standards for interior linemen.

Sometimes I think Ted tries to make too extra good a deal, and misses opportunities as a result.
lolleren  
#98 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:08:48 AM(UTC)
I for one is glad Ted didnt pay out 6 mill a year for Wells, I dont think he is worth that kinda of money and overpaying is a sign of desperation, we would most likely be able to get a servicable rookie center in rounds 3-5. There is still decent talent on the Center free agent market, though they all have questions, bring one in cheap short term and let them fight the draft choice for a starter spot.

The Kendall deal is also more that I would have expected Ted to pay out, but would have liked him as a rotational guy at maybe 3 mill a year.
nerdmann  
#99 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:45:25 AM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
This is reminding me of the Seattle team Ted Thompson and Holmgrem built in Seattle, they did good until their big name players started wanting big contracts and were let go elsewhere. Get ready folks it is starting already. I will admit Ted Thompson is good at building a team thru the draft but he is unproven on building a dynasty.

Seattle went into the shitter when they GOT RID, of Ted Thompson.
Stevetarded  
#100 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:46:55 AM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post

It's starting already? Why didn't it start when guys like Jennings, Jordy, Sitton, and Tramon needed contracts?
Rss Feed