Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
10 Pages«<23456>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vikesrule  
#61 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:48:21 AM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Big talk from the imperialist Minnesotan, VR, whose only resource is shitty pine wood and corn cob pellets. We've been supply your worthless asses forever, how about we shit our electricity to California instead so you can your morning constitutional in the dark. Dumbass.

Wade, we are voting on Measure 2 in June to abolish our property taxes.

I'm betting that you were born talking out your ass.

At least you do not deny that you and the rest of your fellow North Dakotans are nothing more than welfare whores.

North Dakota's Measure 2....now there is another brilliant freakin' idea from the numb-nuts in that state.
Tax reform perhaps, but "Measure 2" is a boondoggle of the highest order....

But I can hear it now..." We have all this oil revenue".....ya that's a great freakin' idea....you can always count on that.

Have you even looked at all the bullshit that "Measure 2" entails? Have you?
What happened to all that "I want to pay my taxes" bullshit that spouted forth from your mouth.

Fortunately, it looks as though there are some in your state that comprehend what a huge mistake that Measure 2 would be.
So on that I stand corrected...... not everyone in North Dakota is a schmuck like you.

User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#62 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 11:15:10 AM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm betting that you were born talking out your ass.

At least you do not deny that you and the rest of your fellow North Dakotans are nothing more than welfare whores.

North Dakota's Measure 2....now there is another brilliant freakin' idea from the numb-nuts in that state.
Tax reform perhaps, but "Measure 2" is a boondoggle of the highest order....

But I can hear it now..." We have all this oil revenue".....ya that's a great freakin' idea....you can always count on that.

Have you even looked at all the bullshit that "Measure 2" entails? Have you?
What happened to all that "I want to pay my taxes" bullshit that spouted forth from your mouth.

Fortunately, it looks as though there are some in your state that comprehend what a huge mistake that Measure 2 would be.
So on that I stand corrected...... not everyone in North Dakota is a schmuck like you.

Yeah the same welfare whore farmers are the ones not paying their fair share of property tax, which is a major reason for the referrundum.

Aren't you just about ready to start sucking from the government teet? I have to work the 25 years to support your overspending baby boomer ass.

I have always paid my tax, and only took my allowable deductions and credits.

M2 won't pass because there are two many free loaders, I'm just hoping that it brings about a fairness between the mill levies between rural and urban taxpayers.

zombieslayer  
#63 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:10:34 PM(UTC)
It's gone from football stadiums to state vs state to generational fighting. This should get interesting.

(just waiting for it to turn to sex) :-"
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#64 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:08:09 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post
It's gone from football stadiums to state vs state to generational fighting. This should get interesting.

(just waiting for it to turn to sex) :-"

VR couldn't get laid in a whorehouse if you and I spotted $500 bones each.

Cheesey  
#65 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 1:46:30 PM(UTC)
Hey Vikesrule.....think about this.....both North AND South Dakota have just as many Super Bowl trophies as you have in Minnesota! (And 4 less Super Bowl losses!!!)[grin1]
Zero2Cool  
#66 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 2:06:52 PM(UTC)
lol
Zero2Cool  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:48:20 AM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
This may be the only time I give props to Jerry Jones.. he at least funded his castle.

Quote:
Some of you may remember back in 2009 when the new Cowboys Stadium opened it was reported that the taxpayers of the City of Arlington voted to increase taxes in the industries that most effect tourists that they projected would come with the building of a bigger and more modern stadium.

The voters increased: sales tax by half of a percent, hotel occupancy tax by 2%, and car rental tax by 5%. While there is something to be said about the nobility of raising taxes for visiting spenders, you must credit the city for being able to give $325 million to help Jerry Jones with the $1 billion mega stadium.
Formo  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:22:33 AM(UTC)
lol Zero.. Puttin' 93z in his place!

As I said on another blog, I'm actually surprised that since Goodell and Rooney had a little 'chat' with the MN Legislature 'leaders' that the revived bill is rolling through committee votes at warp speed (at least one committee a day.. which is EXTREMELY fast for this state's government). That said, I'm still expecting it to crash and burn before getting to the Governor's desk.
Zero2Cool  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:33:42 AM(UTC)
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
heck no, he'd drive south an kick my ass! i just threw this in there cuz I stumbled onto it and I'm guessing he just wasn't aware of it.

As I said on another blog, I'm actually surprised that since Goodell and Rooney had a little 'chat' with the MN Legislature 'leaders' that the revived bill is rolling through committee votes at warp speed (at least one committee a day.. which is EXTREMELY fast for this state's government). That said, I'm still expecting it to crash and burn before getting to the Governor's desk.

I don't like change, hoping the Vikings stay in Minnesota and continue to be offseason favorites while floundering during the season per normal.
Wade  
#70 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:53:51 PM(UTC)

Hehe....You think the stadium needs public support, but won't pass. I think it's a bad investment, but will pass.

Guess that makes clear that whatever we might disagree on, we're both pessimists on government ever doing the correct thing.

[grin1]

Formo  
#71 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:05:10 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
Hehe....You think the stadium needs public support, but won't pass. I think it's a bad investment, but will pass.

Guess that makes clear that whatever we might disagree on, we're both pessimists on government ever doing the correct thing.

[grin1]

Ha! Very true, old man Wade.. Very true.
Formo  
#72 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 7:45:43 PM(UTC)
Update: The bill has gone through what seems like 6 or 7 different senate committees.. Recently breezing through the first few. Tonight it saw what was predicted a very VERY tough senate taxes committee. After going past their vote deadline by over an hour and after almost recessing with out a vote, the taxes committee leader reconvined the group and basically stated "WE WILL VOTE TONIGHT!" And after a few more attempts by the trolls of MN's senate to push the bill to more committees (this time to the judicial committee) they voted to push the bill to the Senate floor without recommendation. The bill was passed with a 7-6 vote. And barely was passed, as at one point while roll calling the votes were 5-1 against the bill. I'm still sceptical, but the bill's author, Sen. Julie Rosen has stated to a few sources that she has the votes to pass it. We'll see Sunday, when the Senate will vote on this bill.
Formo  
#73 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 7:47:00 PM(UTC)
I hate my retarded ass.
wpr  
#74 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 10:13:05 PM(UTC)
I hate my retarded ass.

as do we all. [grin1]
Formo  
#75 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:04:07 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
as do we all. [grin1]

lol

I was pissed at myself when I posted that. I went to edit the post above it and apparently clicked on quote. That was what happens when I post after 3 hours of rest sandwiched between a 14 hour shift and a 12 hour shift.
wpr  
#76 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:43:05 PM(UTC)
lol

I was pissed at myself when I posted that. I went to edit the post above it and apparently clicked on quote. That was what happens when I post after 3 hours of rest sandwiched between a 14 hour shift and a 12 hour shift.

yeah I have messed up and double posted or put the post int he wrong thread and I don't have the long day at work excuse. I just screw up all the time.
Formo  
#77 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:03:24 PM(UTC)
yeah I have messed up and double posted or put the post int he wrong thread and I don't have the long day at work excuse. I just screw up all the time.

Yeah.. That was just the culmination of the 24+ hours of work in a 30 hour time frame and messing up multiple times on the forums.. lol
Wade  
#78 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 9:09:55 PM(UTC)

Dirty old man. [grin1]
wpr  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:48:28 PM(UTC)
If you trust politicians to do what is right you will get F-ed in the end.

link

Quote:
The big push at Minnesota's Capitol to pass a public subsidy for a new Vikings stadium stalled Tuesday, as the proposal got snared in the partisan politics that have defined state government under a Democratic governor and Republican legislative majorities.

The prospect of impending House and Senate floor votes on the $975 million stadium plan appeared to dissolve after Republican legislative leaders unexpectedly debuted a brand-new financing plan that differs significantly from the proposal negotiated by Gov. Mark Dayton's administration, the Vikings and the city of Minneapolis. GOP leaders called for shrinking the proposed $400 million state contribution by an unspecified amount, eliminating the stadium's roof and paying for it with state general bonds rather than tax money from an expansion of legal gambling.

The proposal earned withering scorn from Dayton even before the GOP unveiled it. The Democratic governor called a news conference to blast Republican leaders after hearing third-hand of what he called "secret meetings" with the Vikings. He described their proposal as "fooling around" and demanded up-or-down House and Senate votes on the original plan.
wpr  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:49:43 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
Dirty old man. [grin1]

I am dusty not dirty. I shower nearly every day.
Rss Feed