Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
16 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 3:02:23 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

PFT

Quote:
Packers coach Mike McCarthy and General Manager Ted Thompson both declined to say this weekend whether Driver will be back with the team after his Dancing with the Stars stint is over.

He'll have to beat out some good younger players who also have their entire careers ahead of them. Depending upon cap considerations, I wouldn't cut DD loose just yet.

Think he's tradeable?

Message modified by moderator Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:33:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackerTraxx  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 3:20:15 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

We have a couple of practice squad receivers and now a couple of UFA receivers with really nice size...it could be a tough call. But I think DD reworks his contract and plays one more year. It's going to be important for him to stay healthy or it could be cut short.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 4:24:31 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

It was time to cut Driver last year or trade him the year before. Can we please move on and take the cap savings to sign our marquee players?

Jennings, Jones, Gurley

Nelson, Cobb, Rookie

Still the best group in the NFL.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 4:31:01 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

It is sad to say it but it's time to move on.
call me Dan
Offline zombieslayer  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 4:37:45 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Geez people. You all are haters! Wanna Box?

Let the decision be made in the preseason. Don't you think cutting him loose now might be jumping the gun? Let's see who's better - Driver, or Gurley. Let's not forget that in the Playoffs last year, who was our best WR?

That's right folks.

Haters.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 3 applause.
vikesrule on 4/30/2012(UTC), Wade on 5/1/2012(UTC), GoPack1984 on 5/3/2012(UTC)
Offline vikesrule  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 4:50:28 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post

Let the decision be made in the preseason. Don't you think cutting him loose now might be jumping the gun? Let's see who's better - Driver, or Gurley. Let's not forget that in the Playoffs last year, who was our best WR?

That's right folks.

Haters.

You go ZS!

But since that nimrod from North Dakota wants to let Driver go.............perhaps.........

Although Donald can't have his number since it's retired (Cris Carter)....... Driver would look damn fine in purple!

Whatcha think DT? Whistle

UserPostedImage

Offline rabidgopher04  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 4:58:52 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 127

I still don't understand the desire to cut Driver. He's a solid receiver with fairly dependable hands. He's certainly more reliable than Finley.
Do you like bacon?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 5:22:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
You go ZS!

But since that nimrod from North Dakota wants to let Driver go.............perhaps.........

Although Donald can't have his number since it's retired (Cris Carter)....... Driver would look damn fine in purple!

Whatcha think DT? Whistle

UserPostedImage

anyone surprised that in his spare time vikesrule toys with the idea of iconic Packers players in Vikings uniforms? You'd think vikesrule would have had enough with his idol Brett Favre wearing the crapple, err purple.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 5:23:47 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
I still don't understand the desire to cut Driver. He's a solid receiver with fairly dependable hands. He's certainly more reliable than Finley.

They're nothing more than the kid who hates the local team for the sake of being 'different'. Mind no attention to them.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 5:35:24 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

Oh, he'll DEFINITELY end up in Minny. But I'd say keep him around for right now, just being that Gurley and Borel could get in a car accident, suddenly fall ill, a meteorite could come crashing down on their heads, we just dont know. No real NEED to cut DD at this precise moment.

But I do think that he has to be so good that ONE year of DD (and there's no guarantee that he'll remain healthy) would be preferable to say FIVE years of some younger player. That's aside from the cap considerations.

Does anyone else think that Cobb might become a more electric "go to" guy than Jennings? I'm not saying he is right now, I'm just saying there's potential there.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 5:43:57 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Oh, he'll DEFINITELY end up in Minny.

100% wrong.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#12 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 5:49:22 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Oh, he'll DEFINITELY end up in Minny. But I'd say keep him around for right now, just being that Gurley and Borel could get in a car accident, suddenly fall ill, a meteorite could come crashing down on their heads, we just dont know. No real NEED to cut DD at this precise moment.

But I do think that he has to be so good that ONE year of DD (and there's no guarantee that he'll remain healthy) would be preferable to say FIVE years of some younger player. That's aside from the cap considerations.

Does anyone else think that Cobb might become a more electric "go to" guy than Jennings? I'm not saying he is right now, I'm just saying there's potential there.

Cobb on perhaps another team would be a more electric "go to" guy than Gregorious. But on the Packers, no. Why? Route running. Show me a better route runner in the NFL than Gregorious right now.

The chemistry between Aaron and Gregorious is outstanding and Aaron tends to hit Gregorious in the right spots, opening up YAC.

They're both playmakers though. I do think our best 3 receivers right now are Gregorious, Jordy, and Cobb (in that order) and that includes our TEs.

Will Cobb become a superb route runner? Only time will tell, but I do love his potential and open field ability. Like I've said many times, Cobb reminds me of Percy Harvin. Funny thing is Harvin is their primary WR and he's not even one of our starters.

What a time to be a Packers fan. Dancing
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline DoddPower  
#13 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 5:57:31 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,048
Applause Received: 514

That's right folks.

Haters.

Because he was such a threat they put a linebacker on him?

Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 6:02:28 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Because he was such a threat they put a linebacker on him?

Like I said, let's let preseason decides who makes the team and who doesn't. Driver has clearly lost a step. How bad between 2011 and 2012? We'll find out.

I trust Mike McCarthy to make that decision.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 6:14:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

That's right folks.

Haters.

Oh bite me! Why pay him big money for similar production you can get from Cobb and Gurley.

The bottom line is this a business at the time has come to move on.

I don't hate DD, he's the epitome of character. But if he doesn't know when to say when, then you have to make the decision for him.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed