You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<45678>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#76 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:43:05 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
lol

I was pissed at myself when I posted that. I went to edit the post above it and apparently clicked on quote. That was what happens when I post after 3 hours of rest sandwiched between a 14 hour shift and a 12 hour shift.

yeah I have messed up and double posted or put the post int he wrong thread and I don't have the long day at work excuse. I just screw up all the time.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#77 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:03:24 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
yeah I have messed up and double posted or put the post int he wrong thread and I don't have the long day at work excuse. I just screw up all the time.

Yeah.. That was just the culmination of the 24+ hours of work in a 30 hour time frame and messing up multiple times on the forums.. lol
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Wade  
#78 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 9:09:55 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 587

Dirty old man. Big Grin
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline wpr  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:48:28 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

If you trust politicians to do what is right you will get F-ed in the end.

link

Quote:
The big push at Minnesota's Capitol to pass a public subsidy for a new Vikings stadium stalled Tuesday, as the proposal got snared in the partisan politics that have defined state government under a Democratic governor and Republican legislative majorities.

The prospect of impending House and Senate floor votes on the $975 million stadium plan appeared to dissolve after Republican legislative leaders unexpectedly debuted a brand-new financing plan that differs significantly from the proposal negotiated by Gov. Mark Dayton's administration, the Vikings and the city of Minneapolis. GOP leaders called for shrinking the proposed $400 million state contribution by an unspecified amount, eliminating the stadium's roof and paying for it with state general bonds rather than tax money from an expansion of legal gambling.

The proposal earned withering scorn from Dayton even before the GOP unveiled it. The Democratic governor called a news conference to blast Republican leaders after hearing third-hand of what he called "secret meetings" with the Vikings. He described their proposal as "fooling around" and demanded up-or-down House and Senate votes on the original plan.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:49:43 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Dirty old man. Big Grin

I am dusty not dirty. I shower nearly every day.

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:54:06 PM(UTC)
Formo

If you trust politicians to do what is right you will get F-ed in the end.

link

Yup.

That's not even the half of the story, either. The GOP is claiming that there will be FAR more votes with their plan and they are supposedly in caucus with Dayton, Rybak (MPLS mayor who initially stated he and MPLS wants nothing to do with the GOP's stadium bill) and DFL leaders. They are really confident that at least the Mayor will be in favor of this 'new' bill.

Strike up the band.. I told you so!
UserPostedImage
Online DakotaT  
#82 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 5:51:50 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 567
Applause Received: 1,190

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Yup.

That's not even the half of the story, either. The GOP is claiming that there will be FAR more votes with their plan and they are supposedly in caucus with Dayton, Rybak (MPLS mayor who initially stated he and MPLS wants nothing to do with the GOP's stadium bill) and DFL leaders. They are really confident that at least the Mayor will be in favor of this 'new' bill.

Strike up the band.. I told you so!

I hope they build it downtown, because that is one hell of a good time partying for a couple days down there. You'll probably get this done in the final hour, with the help of the NFL, but the lack of planned structure for this stadium really makes your state a subject of mockery.

Anyway, I'm just glad Ziggy didn't get his way and put the stadium out in Bumbfuck Egypt where he owned everything around it. My opinion is that the Vikings should be locally owned, not an east coast millionairs little play toy.

Good luck Jeremy, we'll watch our game together in your new stadium.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:14:46 PM(UTC)
Formo

Sounds like more details are coming out and being hashed.. Both sides (the GOP bill makers, Gov. Dayton, MPLS, and the first bill's makers) have been saying that there is a good-faith works going into this new bill that supposedly has huge GOP support. Not quite sure what to make of this new bill as I was mostly in favor of the first one. I am upset that they continue to delay this thing that should have been taken care of years ago.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I hope they build it downtown, because that is one hell of a good time partying for a couple days down there. You'll probably get this done in the final hour, with the help of the NFL, but the lack of planned structure for this stadium really makes your state a subject of mockery.

Anyway, I'm just glad Ziggy didn't get his way and put the stadium out in Bumbfuck Egypt where he owned everything around it. My opinion is that the Vikings should be locally owned, not an east coast millionairs little play toy.

Good luck Jeremy, we'll watch our game together in your new stadium.

Bumbfuck Egypt?! Arden Hills is a 15 minute drive, TOPS from MPLS and probably would have zero effect on drive time from the many ND Viking fans (and your dumb ass). You are right in that the state and MPLS will get more from whichever deal they may strike if it's built downtown. In my ideal world, Zigy builds it himself (no state/local money) in Arden Hills and Minnesotans learn how to tailgate.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#84 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:07:58 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I don't get a vote but I would have liked to see the new stadium in Arden Hills. I don't care who builds it. The have some unproductive land there. Better to build a stadium on it where people will only be there a few hours a week than to put condos or a shopping mall there where someone could spend a 100 or hours more a week. They may say that they will get all the toxic residue out of the land but I am more than a little skeptical.
Plus as Formo says more room for ancillary activities such as tailgating in Arden than downtown.

UserPostedImage

Offline gbguy20  
#85 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 11:19:33 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 247

Arden Hills would have been a prime location for the stadium. Its on the outskirts of the city, nothing bumfuck about it.
call me Dan
Offline Formo  
#86 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2012 8:34:52 PM(UTC)
Formo

The bill on the House floor, after getting nearly a record amount of amendments, passed with 73 yeses. This means it will hit the Senate floor tomorrow at 9am.

A few of the amendments are rumored to be 'deal killers' for the Vikings. I don't think they'll pass on the opportunity, though. That said, there's still a LOT of likely changes to be happening at the Senate floor and then, if passed by the Senate, will go into the conference committee to hash out the differences that may be made between the Senate and the House. Most of you probably already know this, but just in case, now you know.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#87 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2012 8:46:45 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

good luck.. too bad some real @sshol I mean politicians have to screw around. Vote yes or vote no whatever you believe to be right. don't add stupid amendments that pollute the whole thing.

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#88 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2012 4:21:37 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

It is fun to watch Minnesota self-destruct over this. It will now be a classic "fly-over" state, and this is as it should have been all along.

Fargo was a good movie.

Appreciate the iron ore.

lol

Edited by user Tuesday, May 8, 2012 4:39:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Cheesey  
#89 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2012 4:44:23 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post

Appreciate the iron ore.

lol

Iron ore what????Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#90 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2012 6:46:02 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 201

I kind of like the idea of the Arden Hills site because it was an ordinance plant. There might be some live ordinance buried around there somewhere.

I can see it now.

Paul Allen "Ponder step up under center, takes the snap. He drops back to pass and...BOOOOOM"
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.