Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:54:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

Although Jason Wilde does a good job inking this article, I think the concept of randomly dedicating a day to a person is foolish. And here is a link to watch the press conference, if it works for you, great. It took me a few tries.

Jason Wilde wrote:
GREEN BAY – In a time of hyper-partisanship and unprecedented discord in Wisconsin politics, state legislators at least can agree on one thing: That Aaron Rodgers is one swell guy.

On Wednesday, it became official that December 12, 2012 – yes, 12/12/12 – will indeed be “Aaron Rodgers Day” in Wisconsin.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback accepted the resolution from Wisconsin State Representative Garey Bies (R-Sister Bay), along with fellow Green Bay-area legislators and the person who came up with the idea of making 12/12/12 Rodgers’ day, Jennifer Brilowski, on Wednesday.

Not one for such pomp and circumstance, Rodgers appeared humbled, honored and more than a bit embarrassed by the attention. Rodgers said he’d never received such an honor in his hometown of Chico, Calif.

“I had a plaque actually up on the ‘Welcome to Chico’ sign. It was a wooden board that said ‘Home of Aaron Rodgers,’” Rodgers said. “It recently got taken down – stolen.”

Rep. Bies was the lead author of Assembly Joint Resolution 108, which was passed unanimously earlier this year by both houses of the State Legislature.

“I was worried that there might be a snag or a holdup there,” Rodgers joked.

Brilowski, who started a Facebook page to promote the idea, read the proclamation aloud at the ceremony.

“That was a lot of whereases,” Rodgers said after he accepted the plaque.

“I think this is a strong example of social media influencing and affecting our culture today,” Rodgers said. “I’m very thankful for people coming alongside myself and this team and the success we’ve had. It’s very humbling and an honor to have a day to myself. I think anybody who knows me, I’m not real big on a lot of ‘wheareases’ and a lot of attention on me. I hope we can all enjoy 12/12/12 together.”

Dec. 12 falls on a Wednesday, 10 days after Rodgers’ 29th birthday and just before the Packers face the Bears in Chicago.

“Mike’s probably going to have a padded practice that day,” Rodgers said. Turning serious, Rodgers added, “I think it’s a great opportunity to get perspective on how a career and a way of living your life can have an effect on people.”
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:02:48 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Twit-vikesrule, watch the video. Aaron Rodgers sure does act like a man who loves attention with how visibly uncomfortable he is speaking about having a day dedicated to him.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:11:52 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

(pardon my French).

I'm gonna be in Chico next week and wanted to take a picture of the plaque. I know what sign he's talking about.

(I would have been more than happy to put the picture on this website).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline zombieslayer  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:30:40 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Well, we didn't bother taking the CA-32 route in (where the sign most likely was) since it was stolen. (In case you're wondering, there are two main routes into Chico that people come from - 99 from the South and 32 from the West. People come from the North and East as well, but the traffic from those directions is quite small).

A bit of good news from Chico though. Got to talk to one of the sports card shop owners in town and she was saying that Packers' merch is through the roof because of Aaron Rodgers.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline dhazer  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 9:28:24 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

Damn this is getting to be a little stupid.The man wins 1 super bowl and an MVP and now we give him his own day. Get ready for the 2nd coming of Favre, Rodgers Ego will keep growing as it has already in the past 2 years, and we will start seeing him think he is the team.

Come back and look at this in 5 years and see if I am right, If I am wrong i will give my left testicle lol
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 9:50:36 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
Damn this is getting to be a little stupid.The man wins 1 super bowl and an MVP and now we give him his own day. Get ready for the 2nd coming of Favre, Rodgers Ego will keep growing as it has already in the past 2 years, and we will start seeing him think he is the team.

Come back and look at this in 5 years and see if I am right, If I am wrong i will give my left testicle lol

I agree, the city giving him a day was over the top, but be clear, Aaron Rodgers did NOT ask for it. If you watched his conference, he was very uncomfortable. He even mentioned the team deserving credit too.

I don't believe Aaron Rodgers ego has changed more than expected over the years. He always came off confident/arrogant (depending on your perception of him when listening to his words) and I haven't seen it change much.

The problem with someone famous is everyone wants their opinion on everything. Brett Favre I don't think ever say he didn't have a comment and I've seen countless times where Aaron Rodgers has said he's not comfortable discussing this or that or the other thing. That is the big difference between them off the field when it comes to ego. Brett Favre felt everyone 'deserved' to hear his opinion and Aaron Rodgers prefers to discuss more relevant topics ... like his preference on his Center's butt height.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 1:25:22 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Well, if you'd ask Pack93z, he'd probably say all QBs have monster egos anyways.

Big egos don't bother me with football players as long as they contribute to Championships. At worst, they're annoying. Huge difference between having a big ego and treating everyone else like they owe you something (like Jose Canseco and Mark McGuire in the SF area did. They're not too popular as people over here).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline PackerTraxx  
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 9:10:05 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I don't have a problem with this. If it were up to Aaron it would not be IMO. But besides being a good player he is a good man. He gives of his time, is involved in charitable work, works hard to get better, he's modest yet confident, doesn't complain, he's a good leader, has a good attitude, communicates well, is a good team mate, and I'm sure more if one wanted to research there's more. So I'm fine with it. Actually they should probably do it more for those that give, especially those that give without expecting to be recognized.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:31:00 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 399
Applause Received: 1,078

I am all for celebrating Aaron Rodgers impact upon the team, this state and all the charity work he does.

This really is nothing against him the person. None what so ever. I think he is an outstanding player but more importantly an outstanding person.

But part of me, also cannot fathom why we are collectively propping up another QB as our hero and worshiping him in such glamour.

Haven’t we done this before? Haven’t we over praised a demigod of a QB only to watch the flames roll long after he waltzed out of town?

Message modified by user Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:02:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:31:56 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Oh.. and Happy Aaron Day.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:47:00 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

Lynn Dickey demands an explanation!!!!!! LOL
Happy Aaron Rodgers Day,we get presents right?
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
gergobacsi on 12/12/2012(UTC)
Offline vikesrule  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:21:49 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

HAPPY TJ Rubley Day !! Big Grin

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:35:03 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 429

Well, I like him. I've always liked him. (the only exception being the approx. 18 hours after he was drafted, I was a draftnik,including then- I liked him then, also, just not a QB pick) Even in his fame, he seems to have a certain tongue-in-cheek sense of humor about himself and his fame/position/Packer fan adoration.

I WROTE HIM A LETTER to offer him my encouragement in the teeth of the FAVRE-O-LITES. The only letter I have ever sent to an NFL player.

He responded, 3 years later, in an incredibly classy fashion. It's on my garage wall. It's like he waited until he had a pedigree.

...(and all of dhazer's arguments were exhausted, lol)

VERY classy.

Hey RODGERS! DISCOUNT DOUBLE-CHECK !

If anything, he is under-appreciated, compared to Lord Brett, still. Amongst many.

Damn did we hit a big-league-luck home run with him.

imo

Message modified by user Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:30:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Porforis  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:01:14 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Obviously, football is football. It's a hobby, it's a passion, for some it's more. But when you come down to it, it's a sport and tradition, nothing more. There's no doubt more important things face this nation and state and that Rodgers in particular isn't the center of the universe, but it's 12/12/12 and it's okay to have a little fun.

And I got to wear a Packers shirt and socks to work today. And our President is a Bears fan. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:06:43 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 429

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Obviously, football is football. It's a hobby, it's a passion, for some it's more. But when you come down to it, it's a sport and tradition, nothing more. There's no doubt more important things face this nation and state and that Rodgers in particular isn't the center of the universe, but it's 12/12/12 and it's okay to have a little fun.

And I got to wear a Packers shirt and socks to work today. And our President is a Bears fan. :)

This semi-old white guy has only football and the Green Bay Packers left to cling to.

The rest of it my former fellow citizens have completely, totally fucked up. They just don't know it, yet.

Don't listen to me. I'm not under 30, and don't have the e-technical shit by the balls, plus my news doesn't come from late-night.

Message modified by user Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:17:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:17:03 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,710
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
HAPPY TJ Rubley Day !! Big Grin

UserPostedImage

I'd take Rodgers over TJ Rubley any day.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:31:15 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
Lynn Dickey demands an explanation!!!!!! LOL
Happy Aaron Rodgers Day,we get presents right?

UserPostedImage

The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
SINCITYCHEEZE on 12/12/2012(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:52:33 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

I find it semi-ironic that some construction workers caught Lambeau Field stadium on fire on Aaron Rodgers day.
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:48:26 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

I wonder if they got that don't touch me shade of red as well. Big Grin

Quote:

Packers jokingly jab QB on Aaron Rodgers Day

GREEN BAY, Wis. — Wednesday was a day unlike any other for Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who was being celebrated throughout the state of Wisconsin for what was officially recognized as Aaron Rodgers Day.

Rodgers, who wears jersey No. 12, had Dec. 12, 2012 (12-12-12) dedicated in his honor. And when the team's practice began Wednesday morning, Rodgers' teammates didn't let him forget it either, as several Green Bay players showed up in No. 12 jerseys instead of their own.

"I'd like to thank my teammates for wearing my jersey for 20 minutes, and getting scared and taking it off," Rodgers said during a series of thank-you's at his locker.

During training camp, Packers offensive linemen T.J. Lang and Josh Sitton were responsible for a different jersey gag when they swapped out their names with "Friday" and "Sunday" and stood on opposite sides of veteran center Jeff Saturday for a photo-op.

Lang, without directly admitting it, was apparently the brainchild of this joke, as well.

"This is a once-in-a-lifetime thing," Lang said. "You've got to celebrate Aaron Rodgers as much as you can around here. He doesn't get very much credit for what he does. I guess to give him his own day, it's pretty special.

"We had some fun with it today, wearing his jersey. He was a good sport about it. He just laughed. He got a kick out of it. It was just something we had a little bit of fun with.

"We like to poke at him as much as we can; not very many opportunities for that, for him being as sensitive as he usually is. So we had some fun with it."

Lang and his fellow pranksters soon switched back to their regular jerseys and continued practice in a more traditional manner.

UserPostedImage
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:20:01 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
I find it semi-ironic that some construction workers caught Lambeau Field stadium on fire on Aaron Rodgers day.

Really ironic because Aaron Rodgers is going to start the second great Shitcago fire on Sunday when he lights up the bares defense.

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed