Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
10 Pages«<45678>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#101 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:26:31 PM(UTC)
congrats to all the purple people out there.
Zero2Cool  
#102 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:28:29 PM(UTC)
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
The bill, after being revised late late last night by the conference committee, was passed by the House some time late last night/early this morning and passed by the Senate this afternoon. All it needs now is to be inked by the Governor and MPLS city council must vote to ok their portion of the bill (a mock vote passed sometime last few weeks I'm told). Technically it isn't over yet, but basically all that's left is formalities. I'm still waiting for the rug to be yanked out from underneath me.. I mean, I AM a Viking fan after all.

That said, I saw this hilarious picture:

Wait. You. Viking fan? Well shit on me, that explains all nonsensical and illogical arguing over the years ...
wpr  
#103 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:34:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Wait. You. Viking fan? Well shit on me, that explains all nonsensical and illogical arguing over the years ...

awesome. ThumpUp
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#104 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:47:50 PM(UTC)
Congratulations Formo and VR, enjoy.
vikesrule  
#105 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:11:47 PM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations Formo and VR, enjoy.

It's gonna be awesome.

zombieslayer  
#106 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:42:15 PM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
It's gonna be awesome.

Totally awesome.

The NFC North division stays together. That's the most awesome news I've heard on this already awesome day. =d>
Zero2Cool  
#107 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:58:20 PM(UTC)
The NFL teams in the NFC North division are pleased the semi-professional team, Minnesota Vikings will remain with them.
Formo  
#108 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:58:43 PM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
It's gonna be awesome.

As I've been telling my Viking fan co-workers today.. This is our equivalent to a Super Bowl win. I've never felt this 'high' after any sort of Viking win, to be honest. I think I was flying high because I was 99% certain we were going to loss the team.

That said, I'm still trying to reel myself in and wait until at least the ground breaking ceremony before getting too excited.
Formo  
#109 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:04:47 PM(UTC)
The NFL teams in the NFC North division are pleased the semi-professional team, Minnesota Vikings will remain with them.

Says the guy who's team barely has a winning record against the 'semi-professional' team. BTW, said 'semi-professional' team has a record of 165-133-5 against the rest of the NFC North. That's a winning percentage of 0.552
Zero2Cool  
#110 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:12:35 PM(UTC)
Says the guy who's team barely has a winning record against the 'semi-professional' team. BTW, said 'semi-professional' team has a record of 165-133-5 against the rest of the NFC North. That's a winning percentage of 0.552

Do you really need me to say it?
wpr  
#111 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:40:58 PM(UTC)

awesome =d>
wpr  
#112 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:43:34 PM(UTC)
As I've been telling my Viking fan co-workers today.. This is our equivalent to a Super Bowl win. I've never felt this 'high' after any sort of Viking win, to be honest. I think I was flying high because I was 99% certain we were going to loss the team.

That said, I'm still trying to reel myself in and wait until at least the ground breaking ceremony before getting too excited.

so the purple kids get a new sandbox to dump in. any word on what has been agreed to? another dumpty dome? open air? 50,000 seats? 150,000? any corp support for naming rights or luxury boxes? same spot as the current one?
Formo  
#113 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:49:02 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
so the purple kids get a new sandbox to dump in. any word on what has been agreed to? another dumpty dome? open air? 50,000 seats? 150,000? any corp support for naming rights or luxury boxes? same spot as the current one?

65,000 seats, expandable to 72,000. Naming rights haven't been sold yet (and won't for a while). The site is the Metrodome site. The Vikings will play in TCF Bank Stadium for somewhere around 1.5 seasons. It will either be an indoor stadium (Ford Field/Lucas Oil Stadium) or retractable roof. If retractable roof, the Vikings will have to pay for any extra costs that would require.

Don't be surprised to hear Target being interested in the naming rights, although they may only have been interested in if the site was on the other end of town (next to Target Field/Target Center). If I had to guess.. General Mills, Target, Best Buy, Mall of America are the names that pop up in my head. We'll see, though.
Zero2Cool  
#114 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 4:52:56 AM(UTC)
TCF Bank Stadium occupiers won't be seeing any drop off in play of what they are accustomed to. Another dome? God still doesn't want to see the Vikings play. Packers and Bears got it right, what's wrong with the Lions and Vikings? Figure this, how many NFL Championships between the Bears and Packers vs Lions and Vikings ... hmmm

Vikings, University of Minnesota deal says TCF Bank Stadium could be used for up to four years. Four years in an open stadium would destroy the Vikings. They are not men, they are boys whom cannot handle the ... cooooold. Man up!
wpr  
#115 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 5:14:44 AM(UTC)
TCF Bank Stadium occupiers won't be seeing any drop off in play of what they are accustomed to. Another dome? God still doesn't want to see the Vikings play. Packers and Bears got it right, what's wrong with the Lions and Vikings? Figure this, how many NFL Championships between the Bears and Packers vs Lions and Vikings ... hmmm

Vikings, University of Minnesota deal says TCF Bank Stadium could be used for up to four years. Four years in an open stadium would destroy the Vikings. They are not men, they are boys whom cannot handle the ... cooooold. Man up!

you can't destroy that which is already destroyed. It will retard their rebuilding back to mediocrity.
Wade  
#116 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 10:02:44 AM(UTC)
Congrats, Jeremy and Nick. Told you it would happen.

Of course this means that Minnesota roads, like the Bears, will still suck.

But then again, that probably would have been true anyway.

[grin1]
Cheesey  
#117 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 11:50:05 AM(UTC)
Youse guys from Minny-Soda must be dancin' in da streets!!!!

Seriously, congrats on holding onto the Vikings! It wouldn't have been the same without them.
Zero2Cool  
#118 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 12:01:51 PM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
Youse guys from Minny-Soda must be dancin' in da streets!!!!

Seriously, congrats on holding onto the Vikings! It wouldn't have been the same without them.

Not sure if it was them holding on to them or more so no one else wanted them.
Formo  
#119 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 1:21:47 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
Congrats, Jeremy and Nick. Told you it would happen.

Of course this means that Minnesota roads, like the Bears, will still suck.

But then again, that probably would have been true anyway.

[grin1]

Yeah. Considering no general funds are to be used, I don't see how it would effect roads other then the legislation time spent on the Vikings bill.
Formo  
#120 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 1:23:03 PM(UTC)

Indoor stadium =/= a dome. Not that I should expect your retarded rear to know the difference. =P
Rss Feed