Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
14 Pages«<678910>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#106 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:42:15 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
It's gonna be awesome.

Totally awesome.

The NFC North division stays together. That's the most awesome news I've heard on this already awesome day. Applause
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#107 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:58:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,889
Applause Received: 2,087

The NFL teams in the NFC North division are pleased the semi-professional team, Minnesota Vikings will remain with them.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 5/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#108 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:58:43 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
It's gonna be awesome.

As I've been telling my Viking fan co-workers today.. This is our equivalent to a Super Bowl win. I've never felt this 'high' after any sort of Viking win, to be honest. I think I was flying high because I was 99% certain we were going to loss the team.

That said, I'm still trying to reel myself in and wait until at least the ground breaking ceremony before getting too excited.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Formo  
#109 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:04:47 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
The NFL teams in the NFC North division are pleased the semi-professional team, Minnesota Vikings will remain with them.

Says the guy who's team barely has a winning record against the 'semi-professional' team. BTW, said 'semi-professional' team has a record of 165-133-5 against the rest of the NFC North. That's a winning percentage of 0.552
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#110 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:12:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Says the guy who's team barely has a winning record against the 'semi-professional' team. BTW, said 'semi-professional' team has a record of 165-133-5 against the rest of the NFC North. That's a winning percentage of 0.552

Do you really need me to say it?
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#111 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:40:58 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,885
Applause Received: 1,397

awesome Applause
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#112 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:43:34 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
As I've been telling my Viking fan co-workers today.. This is our equivalent to a Super Bowl win. I've never felt this 'high' after any sort of Viking win, to be honest. I think I was flying high because I was 99% certain we were going to loss the team.

That said, I'm still trying to reel myself in and wait until at least the ground breaking ceremony before getting too excited.

so the purple kids get a new sandbox to dump in. any word on what has been agreed to? another dumpty dome? open air? 50,000 seats? 150,000? any corp support for naming rights or luxury boxes? same spot as the current one?

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#113 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:49:02 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
so the purple kids get a new sandbox to dump in. any word on what has been agreed to? another dumpty dome? open air? 50,000 seats? 150,000? any corp support for naming rights or luxury boxes? same spot as the current one?

65,000 seats, expandable to 72,000. Naming rights haven't been sold yet (and won't for a while). The site is the Metrodome site. The Vikings will play in TCF Bank Stadium for somewhere around 1.5 seasons. It will either be an indoor stadium (Ford Field/Lucas Oil Stadium) or retractable roof. If retractable roof, the Vikings will have to pay for any extra costs that would require.

Don't be surprised to hear Target being interested in the naming rights, although they may only have been interested in if the site was on the other end of town (next to Target Field/Target Center). If I had to guess.. General Mills, Target, Best Buy, Mall of America are the names that pop up in my head. We'll see, though.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#114 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 4:52:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

TCF Bank Stadium occupiers won't be seeing any drop off in play of what they are accustomed to. Another dome? God still doesn't want to see the Vikings play. Packers and Bears got it right, what's wrong with the Lions and Vikings? Figure this, how many NFL Championships between the Bears and Packers vs Lions and Vikings ... hmmm

Vikings, University of Minnesota deal says TCF Bank Stadium could be used for up to four years. Four years in an open stadium would destroy the Vikings. They are not men, they are boys whom cannot handle the ... cooooold. Man up!

Edited by user Friday, May 11, 2012 5:08:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 5/11/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#115 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 5:14:44 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

TCF Bank Stadium occupiers won't be seeing any drop off in play of what they are accustomed to. Another dome? God still doesn't want to see the Vikings play. Packers and Bears got it right, what's wrong with the Lions and Vikings? Figure this, how many NFL Championships between the Bears and Packers vs Lions and Vikings ... hmmm

Vikings, University of Minnesota deal says TCF Bank Stadium could be used for up to four years. Four years in an open stadium would destroy the Vikings. They are not men, they are boys whom cannot handle the ... cooooold. Man up!

you can't destroy that which is already destroyed. It will retard their rebuilding back to mediocrity.

UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#116 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 10:02:44 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 663
Applause Received: 671

Congrats, Jeremy and Nick. Told you it would happen.

Of course this means that Minnesota roads, like the Bears, will still suck.

But then again, that probably would have been true anyway.

Big Grin
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Cheesey  
#117 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 11:50:05 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 170
Applause Received: 372

Youse guys from Minny-Soda must be dancin' in da streets!!!!

Seriously, congrats on holding onto the Vikings! It wouldn't have been the same without them.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#118 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 12:01:51 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
Youse guys from Minny-Soda must be dancin' in da streets!!!!

Seriously, congrats on holding onto the Vikings! It wouldn't have been the same without them.

Not sure if it was them holding on to them or more so no one else wanted them.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#119 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 1:21:47 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Congrats, Jeremy and Nick. Told you it would happen.

Of course this means that Minnesota roads, like the Bears, will still suck.

But then again, that probably would have been true anyway.

Big Grin

Yeah. Considering no general funds are to be used, I don't see how it would effect roads other then the legislation time spent on the Vikings bill.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#120 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 1:23:03 PM(UTC)
Formo

Indoor stadium =/= a dome. Not that I should expect your retarded rear to know the difference. =P
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed