Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
14 Pages«<7891011>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#121 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 1:39:05 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Indoor stadium =/= a dome. Not that I should expect your retarded rear to know the difference. =P

You're right, I have no clue what idotic dumbf*ck abbreviation/symbol "=/=" is or is intended to be. Why the hell would you divide equal by equal?

You call me names and then don't explain the difference. Who's the f*cking retard now?
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#122 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 1:47:53 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 644
Applause Received: 657

Yeah. Considering no general funds are to be used, I don't see how it would effect roads other then the legislation time spent on the Vikings bill.

Hehe...it's Friday...I'm not going to get drawn into my "opportunity cost" argument again.

Besides, as much as it's decided already, it really doesn't matter whether I'm right or wrong. Big Grin

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline wpr  
#123 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 2:12:10 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Hehe...it's Friday...I'm not going to get drawn into my "opportunity cost" argument again.

Besides, as much as it's decided already, it really doesn't matter whether I'm right or wrong. Big Grin

You are right. You are always right. (except on draft day.) Big Grin
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#124 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 2:31:53 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

Certainly not trying to draw you into a discussion. We disagree fundamentally on a few things. My point is the Vikings bill doesn't take away money from funding for the roads. That's all.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Formo  
#125 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 2:37:00 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
You're right, I have no clue what idotic dumbf*ck abbreviation/symbol "=/=" is or is intended to be.

n00b

Why the hell would you divide equal by equal?

omg fml

You call me names and then don't explain the difference. Who's the f*cking retard now?

Figured you were smart enough to know.

Dome:
UserPostedImage

Indoor stadium:
UserPostedImage

Notice the buildings' roofs.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#126 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 2:55:42 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Lucas Oil is a indoor stadium as their roof retracts. Ford Field is a domed stadium without a bubble on top since they have a stationary roof. My way of looking at it. You can call it anything you want.

UserPostedImage

Offline gbguy20  
#127 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 3:06:38 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

You're right, I have no clue what idotic dumbf*ck abbreviation/symbol "=/=" is or is intended to be. Why the hell would you divide equal by equal?

I assume since we've gone over this already you're just trolling him now, but just in case...i'll explain it again.

=/= is the non-coders equivalent to the coders !=

when u see =/= picture this ≠
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 5/11/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#128 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 3:22:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

n00b

omg fml

Figured you were smart enough to know.

Notice the buildings' roofs.

Okay, but the Vikings new stadium will not have a retractable roof, like the one you pictured (Lucas Oil). So, wouldn't that mean it would be classified as a dome then?

btw, after the last post in this thread .... != means not equal, figured you were smart enough to know this.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#129 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 3:25:55 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Lucas Oil is a indoor stadium as their roof retracts. Ford Field is a domed stadium without a bubble on top since they have a stationary roof. My way of looking at it. You can call it anything you want.

Honestly, I never gave a rats ass which way or the other until some clown acted tough with his internet muscles and decided to be a complete prick about it. Now ... I want to know the difference ... cuz I'm curious. If anything I would think ...

Dome - non-retractable roof
Indoor Stadium - retractable roof
Outdoor Stadium - where men play
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#130 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 7:00:53 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post

Domed stadium = a big round thing on top. You know.. Like a DOME.

And indoor stadium is something more like Lucas Oil field, regardless of the roof's mobility.

But that's just me.

Honestly, I never gave a rats ass which way or the other until some clown acted tough with his internet muscles and decided to be a complete prick about it. Now ... I want to know the difference ... cuz I'm curious. If anything I would think ...

Dome - non-retractable roof
Indoor Stadium - retractable roof
Outdoor Stadium - where men play

I'm flattered you are impressed with my webrnet muscles. Just because you perceive my post as being 'a complete prick' doesn't mean I am. Just means I'm discussion semantics.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#131 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 7:26:12 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 1,314

Formo, is there some kind of picture of what is being designed for the new stadium?
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#132 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 9:15:13 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Formo, is there some kind of picture of what is being designed for the new stadium?

Susie and Timmy are still working on the final proof.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#133 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 10:30:39 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Domed stadium = a big round thing on top. You know.. Like a DOME.

And indoor stadium is something more like Lucas Oil field, regardless of the roof's mobility.

But that's just me.

So, you insult my intelligence because you can't make up your own mind? That's a complete prick thing to do. Don't worry, I won't double your membership fee for being a f*cking dickhead.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#134 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:27:48 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

Okay, but the Vikings new stadium will not have a retractable roof, like the one you pictured (Lucas Oil). So, wouldn't that mean it would be classified as a dome then?

btw, after the last post in this thread .... != means not equal, figured you were smart enough to know this.

Don't be so quick to say that.

http://profootballtalk.n...actable-roof-to-stadium/

Quote:
Wilfs may add retractable roof to stadium

Posted by Mike Florio on May 11, 2012, 7:39 PM EDT
Vikings Stadium AP

MDS pointed out earlier that the new Vikings stadium may host a Super Bowl.

Given the loose, non-binding quid pro quo that the NFL applies when a city/state coughs up big money for a new stadium, it would be a surprise if it doesn’t happen.

What would be a surprise — and a major one — is if the new stadium has a retractable roof. Approved via the Minnesota legislative process as a venue with a fixed lid, brothers Zygi and Mark Wilf suggested in a Friday session with reporters that the finished product may have the ability with the press of a button to go topless.

“Well if it’s snowing very, very hard we’ll open up the roof,” Zygi Wilf said, jokingly.

Asked if that means the new building will have a retractable roof, Zygi Wilf said, “Well, I don’t know.”

Mark Wilf was more candid. “We’re going to try to get the maximum number of features within the budgets. . . . We’re going to want to make it something special. And to the extent retractability can get there, we’re going to try to do it.”

And here’s where a cynic (I don’t know any) would say, “Sure, now that you’ve finagled more than $500 million in public money, you can justify spending the extra money that you didn’t have to devote to the project on a retractable roof.”

Then again, how cynical is it to think that the Wilfs didn’t make any serious noise about paying for a retractable roof before the stadium bill was approved because, if they had, plenty of lawmakers would have said, “Why not just spend the money it would take to add a retractable roof on the stadium itself and reduce the burden on the public?”

OK, it’s fairly cynical. There’s also a chance it’s fairly accurate.
call me Dan
Offline wpr  
#135 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:51:34 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

no way it has a lid. they will not cough up one nickle more than they have to on a building they don't own. My guess is they will sell the franchise before the first lease is even up.

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed