Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
20 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#131 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 7:26:12 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,049
Applause Received: 2,116
Formo, is there some kind of picture of what is being designed for the new stadium?
Offline wpr  
#132 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 9:15:13 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,790
Applause Received: 1,923
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Formo, is there some kind of picture of what is being designed for the new stadium?

Susie and Timmy are still working on the final proof.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#133 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 10:30:39 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,442
Applause Received: 3,849
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
Domed stadium = a big round thing on top. You know.. Like a DOME.

And indoor stadium is something more like Lucas Oil field, regardless of the roof's mobility.

But that's just me.

So, you insult my intelligence because you can't make up your own mind? That's a complete prick thing to do. Don't worry, I won't double your membership fee for being a fucking dickhead.
Offline gbguy20  
#134 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:27:48 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 454
Applause Received: 490
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Okay, but the Vikings new stadium will not have a retractable roof, like the one you pictured (Lucas Oil). So, wouldn't that mean it would be classified as a dome then?

btw, after the last post in this thread .... != means not equal, figured you were smart enough to know this.

Don't be so quick to say that.

http://profootballtalk.n...actable-roof-to-stadium/

Quote:
Wilfs may add retractable roof to stadium

Posted by Mike Florio on May 11, 2012, 7:39 PM EDT
Vikings Stadium AP

MDS pointed out earlier that the new Vikings stadium may host a Super Bowl.

Given the loose, non-binding quid pro quo that the NFL applies when a city/state coughs up big money for a new stadium, it would be a surprise if it doesn’t happen.

What would be a surprise — and a major one — is if the new stadium has a retractable roof. Approved via the Minnesota legislative process as a venue with a fixed lid, brothers Zygi and Mark Wilf suggested in a Friday session with reporters that the finished product may have the ability with the press of a button to go topless.

“Well if it’s snowing very, very hard we’ll open up the roof,” Zygi Wilf said, jokingly.

Asked if that means the new building will have a retractable roof, Zygi Wilf said, “Well, I don’t know.”

Mark Wilf was more candid. “We’re going to try to get the maximum number of features within the budgets. . . . We’re going to want to make it something special. And to the extent retractability can get there, we’re going to try to do it.”

And here’s where a cynic (I don’t know any) would say, “Sure, now that you’ve finagled more than $500 million in public money, you can justify spending the extra money that you didn’t have to devote to the project on a retractable roof.”

Then again, how cynical is it to think that the Wilfs didn’t make any serious noise about paying for a retractable roof before the stadium bill was approved because, if they had, plenty of lawmakers would have said, “Why not just spend the money it would take to add a retractable roof on the stadium itself and reduce the burden on the public?”

OK, it’s fairly cynical. There’s also a chance it’s fairly accurate.
Offline wpr  
#135 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:51:34 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

no way it has a lid. they will not cough up one nickle more than they have to on a building they don't own. My guess is they will sell the franchise before the first lease is even up.
Offline DakotaT  
#136 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:08:20 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,049
Applause Received: 2,116
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
no way it has a lid. they will not cough up one nickle more than they have to on a building they don't own. My guess is they will sell the franchise before the first lease is even up.

Yeah, I don't buy for a second that Zygi gives a shit about the Vikings and their fans. That team should be owned by a billionaire Minnesotan, or a group of Minnesotans.
Offline vikesrule  
#137 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:31:10 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Yeah, I don't buy for a second that Zygi gives a shit about the Vikings and their fans. That team should be owned by a billionaire Minnesotan, or a group of Minnesotans.

And now for today's forecast, from station WPR and affiliate station DAKT....

Partly cloudy with a 100% chance of dumbass.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#138 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:40:48 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,442
Applause Received: 3,849
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post

I'm not quick to say it. It was just something I read that a fixed roof was what was approved, not an open stadium nor a retractable roof. I don't know how these things work. The Packers haven't had to worry about needing a new stadium or relocating as back as I can remember.
Offline wpr  
#139 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:11:32 AM(UTC)

vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
And now for today's forecast, from station WPR and affiliate station DAKT....

Partly cloudy with a 100% chance of dumbass.

oh that hurts. sniff.
At least I don't follow a team with a jerk of an owner.UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#140 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:12:50 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 159

Not yet. From what I'm hearing, they'll be crunching a bunch of designs in the next few weeks. I'm certain that in a month we'll have a good idea of what the new digs will entail.

So, you insult my intelligence because you can't make up your own mind? That's a complete prick thing to do. Don't worry, I won't double your membership fee for being a fucking dickhead.

Making shit up again I see.

I know you want so badly to see the boogie man in my posts, and no matter how hard you try and call him out.. he's not going to come out. Simply because HE'S NOT THERE.

You say that with such certainty.. It's funny. The Wilfs are very much looking into a retractable roof. Now, I'm aware that doesn't mean it's going to have one.. but they have been really open with the public on their thoughts on having one.

lol Green color goggles you have on their, I see. If you watched the announcement presser with Zygi/Mark Wilf and the pro-stadium politicians, you would know he was really, REALLY passionate for the fans. Hell, the man has come down to PP.O's tailgate a few times to sing "SKOL VIKINGS" with us. Kiss my ass with your ignorant BS. [grin1]

I'm not quick to say it. It was just something I read that a fixed roof was what was approved, not an open stadium nor a retractable roof. I don't know how these things work. The Packers haven't had to worry about needing a new stadium or relocating as back as I can remember.

What was approved was an indoor stadium, but also approved was the option for a retractable roof. But the costs of such roof would be all on the Vikings.
Rss Feed