Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
14 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#136 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:08:20 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
no way it has a lid. they will not cough up one nickle more than they have to on a building they don't own. My guess is they will sell the franchise before the first lease is even up.

Yeah, I don't buy for a second that Zygi gives a shit about the Vikings and their fans. That team should be owned by a billionaire Minnesotan, or a group of Minnesotans.
UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#137 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:31:10 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

no way it has a lid. they will not cough up one nickle more than they have to on a building they don't own. My guess is they will sell the franchise before the first lease is even up.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I don't buy for a second that Zygi gives a shit about the Vikings and their fans. That team should be owned by a billionaire Minnesotan, or a group of Minnesotans.

And now for today's forecast, from station WPR and affiliate station DAKT....

Partly cloudy with a 100% chance of dumbass.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#138 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:40:48 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post

I'm not quick to say it. It was just something I read that a fixed roof was what was approved, not an open stadium nor a retractable roof. I don't know how these things work. The Packers haven't had to worry about needing a new stadium or relocating as back as I can remember.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#139 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:11:32 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,744
Applause Received: 1,311

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
And now for today's forecast, from station WPR and affiliate station DAKT....

Partly cloudy with a 100% chance of dumbass.

oh that hurts. sniff.
At least I don't follow a team with a jerk of an owner.UserPostedImage

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#140 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:12:50 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Formo, is there some kind of picture of what is being designed for the new stadium?

Not yet. From what I'm hearing, they'll be crunching a bunch of designs in the next few weeks. I'm certain that in a month we'll have a good idea of what the new digs will entail.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
So, you insult my intelligence because you can't make up your own mind? That's a complete prick thing to do. Don't worry, I won't double your membership fee for being a fucking dickhead.

Making shit up again I see.

I know you want so badly to see the boogie man in my posts, and no matter how hard you try and call him out.. he's not going to come out. Simply because HE'S NOT THERE.

You say that with such certainty.. It's funny. The Wilfs are very much looking into a retractable roof. Now, I'm aware that doesn't mean it's going to have one.. but they have been really open with the public on their thoughts on having one.

lol Green color goggles you have on their, I see. If you watched the announcement presser with Zygi/Mark Wilf and the pro-stadium politicians, you would know he was really, REALLY passionate for the fans. Hell, the man has come down to PP.O's tailgate a few times to sing "SKOL VIKINGS" with us. Kiss my ass with your ignorant BS. Big Grin

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I'm not quick to say it. It was just something I read that a fixed roof was what was approved, not an open stadium nor a retractable roof. I don't know how these things work. The Packers haven't had to worry about needing a new stadium or relocating as back as I can remember.

What was approved was an indoor stadium, but also approved was the option for a retractable roof. But the costs of such roof would be all on the Vikings.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Formo  
#141 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:18:49 AM(UTC)
Formo

Yeah. He doesn't like us fans at ALL.. Duh!
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#142 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:22:22 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post

You say that with such certainty.. It's funny. The Wilfs are very much looking into a retractable roof. Now, I'm aware that doesn't mean it's going to have one.. but they have been really open with the public on their thoughts on having one.

Sometimes you Vikings fans can be a little dense.
Absolutely I say this with such certainty. I don't waver back and forth. It is my opinion that, while the Wilfs are talking about thinking of looking into having a roof that retracts, perhaps. They will not cough up the money. I went further to say that it is my opinion that they will sell the franchise before the end of their first lease expires. (Which I ASSUME will be about 25 years.)

If you don't like it I don't really give a rip.

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#143 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:02:05 AM(UTC)
Formo

Sometimes you Vikings fans can be a little dense.
Absolutely I say this with such certainty. I don't waver back and forth. It is my opinion that, while the Wilfs are talking about thinking of looking into having a roof that retracts, perhaps. They will not cough up the money. I went further to say that it is my opinion that they will sell the franchise before the end of their first lease expires. (Which I ASSUME will be about 25 years.)

If you don't like it I don't really give a rip.

It's not whether I like it or not. I think your pontification is funny, though. First off, no one knows how long the Wilf's will own the Vikings. And I find it funny because a LOT can happen in 30 years (the length of the lease) and you'll come back, pounding your old man chest saying how right you were. Strawman, meet WPR. =P

As for the roof proposition, we shall see. While you take the certainty route, I'll actually be reading the tea leaves and be informed. Rock On!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#144 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:26:29 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Zygi and his boys are interested in making money, not the welfare of Viking fans. Formo, you have your Ritchie Blackmore on again if you think he gives a rat's about you guys.
UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#145 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:14:13 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Zygi and his boys are interested in making money, not the welfare of Viking fans. Formo, you have your Ritchie Blackmore on again if you think he gives a rat's about you guys.

That is some seriously funny shit from someone that just got "legally scammed" to fork over $275 to the Packers for what is essentially a non-tax deductible donation and that piece of paper that is less than worthless.

It is most amusing that two things had to come into play for this scam to happen.

1. The Green Packers are exempt from the rule that applies to all other 31 teams.
2. The Green Bay Packers have the only fan base stupid enough to fall for this scam.

Green Bay Packers: "Hey, what do all you fans think about giving us $275 each and in return we give you nothing?
Billy-Bob DakotaT: "Whoooee, I'm a gonna let you have my money for nothin'......that's a gonna be awesome"
Green Bay Packers: <snicker, snicker>"Dumbass"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Formo on 5/12/2012(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#146 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:39:40 AM(UTC)
Formo

If Wilf was ANYTHING like you think and claim he is, he would have moved them to LA, or sold the team long before making his fight vs. the MN legislature.

Wrong again, bucky.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#147 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:13:19 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

That is some seriously funny shit from someone that just got "legally scammed" to fork over $275 to the Packers for what is essentially a non-tax deductible donation and that piece of paper that is less than worthless.

It is most amusing that two things had to come into play for this scam to happen.

1. The Green Packers are exempt from the rule that applies to all other 31 teams.
2. The Green Bay Packers have the only fan base stupid enough to fall for this scam.

Green Bay Packers: "Hey, what do all you fans think about giving us $275 each and in return we give you nothing?
Billy-Bob DakotaT: "Whoooee, I'm a gonna let you have my money for nothin'......that's a gonna be awesome"

It's framed and hung underneath my Packer championship helmet with the championship won over the Steelers. Of course you wouldn't know that feeling. And the two look incredible together.

And I'd rather volunteer the money to help the team than let a bunch of hypocrite Tea Bagger politicians force it from me.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#148 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:14:25 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

Making shit up again I see.

I know you want so badly to see the boogie man in my posts, and no matter how hard you try and call him out.. he's not going to come out. Simply because HE'S NOT THERE.

You did contradict yourself, but suppose it's a stretch ... and I stretched it baby!!!!!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#149 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 5:24:45 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

It's not whether I like it or not. I think your pontification is funny, though. First off, no one knows how long the Wilf's will own the Vikings. And I find it funny because a LOT can happen in 30 years (the length of the lease) and you'll come back, pounding your old man chest saying how right you were. Strawman, meet WPR. =P

As for the roof proposition, we shall see. While you take the certainty route, I'll actually be reading the tea leaves and be informed. Rock On!

We won't have to wait 30 years for me to find out if I am right. I am right, right now. Take it to the bank.

I did not bother to see how long the lease was. I figured it would be 30 years. Wilf will sell within 10 years. FACT.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#150 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 5:30:10 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I am already on record as saying I think all the NFL teams should be allowed to sell worthless stock to fund new stadiums. (Ok everyone but Jerry Jones.) You would be amazed at how quickly fans would line up to buy that piece of paper. (Everyone but Jones and the New York teams.)

Why not let the die hard fans fund the stadiums instead of the general public? People spend a whole lot more than $250-500 for paintings and prints to stick on their walls.

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed