Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
14 Pages«<1011121314>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#166 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:01:03 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

While I am extremely pleased that this has been passed and the Vikings should be staying put, I still find it as silly as hell that the U of M and the Vikings didn't share the facility and minimize the overall cost to the state as a whole.

I guess it is just a sign of current Americana... indulge our hearts out no matter the cost. What the two facilities are what 10,000 feet apart from each other.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 5/15/2012(UTC)
Online wpr  
#167 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:04:27 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,838
Applause Received: 1,368

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
While I am extremely pleased that this has been passed and the Vikings should be staying put, I still find it as silly as hell that the U of M and the Vikings didn't share the facility and minimize the overall cost to the state as a whole.

I guess it is just a sign of current Americana... indulge our hearts out no matter the cost. What the two facilities are what 10,000 feet apart from each other.

I just shake my head when they say that college ball and pro ball can't be played in the same stadium because of luxury suite conflicts. bull.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#168 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:33:06 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,867
Applause Received: 2,042

If you're saying they should have made TCF stadium larger to handle the vast occupants of the Vikings fans opponents when they constructed it a few years ago, I agree. But using the new stadium for both wouldn't make much sense since TCF isn't even five years old yet.

Personally, they should just use the TCF stadium in my opinion. It's there, it's "paid" for and as if the Vikings will ever need 60,000 seats anyway, other than when they play the Packers. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#169 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:59:26 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Tried that once. It failed. Hard.

Love that there will be 3 new stadiums in town (4 if you consider the X's 10+ years as 'new'). It just adds to the dynamics of the Twin Cities' awesomeness.

Not that any of you would understand, anyway.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline dfosterf  
#170 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:21:26 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 390

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post

Love that there will be 3 new stadiums in town (4 if you consider the X's 10+ years as 'new'). It just adds to the dynamics of the Twin Cities' awesomeness.

On the two coasts we saw the movie Fargo. That is Minneapolis, to most. Most are morons, but they are the most.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Formo  
#171 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:23:20 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
On the two coasts we saw the movie Fargo. That is Minneapolis, to most. Most are morons, but they are the most.

I don't give a good God damn about what the coasts thought the movie Fargo/Minneapolis.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#172 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:27:59 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

I don't give a good God damn about what the coasts thought the movie Fargo/Minneapolis.

... Kind of like what we don't care about us being perceived as a bunch of idiot cheeseheads.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Formo  
#173 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:00:06 PM(UTC)
Formo

... Kind of like what we don't care about us being perceived as a bunch of idiot cheeseheads.

Sure. Because you guys being idiot cheddarheads is EXACTLY like how some morons view the movie Fargo. =)
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#174 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:33:35 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

the X is still awesome so yes i consider it new.
call me Dan
Offline Pack93z  
#175 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:33:05 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

No one is saying that 3 or 4 new stadiums isn't cool or "awesome" from a fans vantage point. That is like freaking nirvana.. so you can take the condescending statement, twist it sideways and shove it up your ass. :)

My point is simply this, yes I know it was voted upon and failed. But that does not change the fact that the public is now funding three stadiums, two of which have the same purpose, football. Doesn't change the fact that the state ran the line on allowing the Vikings to walk away from the state because of financial constraints. Simply, it doesn't make it the most logical decision because it failed years ago.

The economy is still struggling, the budget within MN is still struggling to keep up the massive infrastructure of the Twin Cities not to mention the state. Not the many years ago that it was the focus of the country.

The mindset to not multipurpose a facility the size of a football stadium, especially in close proximity is exactly the mindset that is hurting the entire country as a whole.

Don't live within your means, live within your wants.

Enjoy your nirvana, but don't forget the joy when forking out more dough in the form of taxes.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Wade on 5/16/2012(UTC), wpr on 5/16/2012(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#176 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:44:37 AM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
the X is still awesome so yes i consider it new.

I consider it new as well, but probably because it has aged sooo damn well. It's still the best venue I've ever attended, even after Target Field.

No one is saying that 3 or 4 new stadiums isn't cool or "awesome" from a fans vantage point. That is like freaking nirvana.. so you can take the condescending statement, twist it sideways and shove it up your ass. :)

My point is simply this, yes I know it was voted upon and failed. But that does not change the fact that the public is now funding three stadiums, two of which have the same purpose, football. Doesn't change the fact that the state ran the line on allowing the Vikings to walk away from the state because of financial constraints. Simply, it doesn't make it the most logical decision because it failed years ago.

The economy is still struggling, the budget within MN is still struggling to keep up the massive infrastructure of the Twin Cities not to mention the state. Not the many years ago that it was the focus of the country.

The mindset to not multipurpose a facility the size of a football stadium, especially in close proximity is exactly the mindset that is hurting the entire country as a whole.

Don't live within your means, live within your wants.

Enjoy your nirvana, but don't forget the joy when forking out more dough in the form of taxes.

Vikings stadium doesn't involve general fund monies. Unless I gamble via pull tabs or pay for the suites (10% tax on suites is a backup source), not a dime of my money goes toward the Vikes stadium. The Bank, while getting public monies, I'm not sure the details of.. Except that it was built on some sort of bonding/loans from the state... So the state will recoup their money.

Yes, the economy is still struggling.. but right now the state is reaping what it sowed years ago (ignoring any and all stadium bills). It is what it is.

As far as doing things on the cheap.. That's EXACTLY what they did with the Metrodump. And look what's going to happen with it 30 years later. No no, it is NEVER the time to do something 'on the cheap' because the economy is piss poor right now. You always get what you pay for, and hopefully the state will learn from it's mistakes that is the 'awesome' planning they had for the dump.

I'm also a bit of a purist. College football needs to be played on a college campus, in a college stadium. The Dome KILLED the Gophers ability to have a great college atmosphere. For those that didn't really know much about college football (which is a lot up here), they viewed the Gophs in the Dome as a high school game in an NFL stadium.. There was no atmosphere. And the awesome shuttles students had to take from campus to Minneapolis Downtown East, just killed the fickle fanbase. No no.. Screw sharing a stadium. It's cheap, tacky, and blows for one of the fanbases.
UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#177 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:17:46 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,838
Applause Received: 1,368

I consider it new as well, but probably because it has aged sooo damn well. It's still the best venue I've ever attended, even after Target Field.

Vikings stadium doesn't involve general fund monies. Unless I gamble via pull tabs or pay for the suites (10% tax on suites is a backup source), not a dime of my money goes toward the Vikes stadium. The Bank, while getting public monies, I'm not sure the details of.. Except that it was built on some sort of bonding/loans from the state... So the state will recoup their money.

Yes, the economy is still struggling.. but right now the state is reaping what it sowed years ago (ignoring any and all stadium bills). It is what it is.

As far as doing things on the cheap.. That's EXACTLY what they did with the Metrodump. And look what's going to happen with it 30 years later. No no, it is NEVER the time to do something 'on the cheap' because the economy is piss poor right now. You always get what you pay for, and hopefully the state will learn from it's mistakes that is the 'awesome' planning they had for the dump.

I'm also a bit of a purist. College football needs to be played on a college campus, in a college stadium. The Dome KILLED the Gophers ability to have a great college atmosphere. For those that didn't really know much about college football (which is a lot up here), they viewed the Gophs in the Dome as a high school game in an NFL stadium.. There was no atmosphere. And the awesome shuttles students had to take from campus to Minneapolis Downtown East, just killed the fickle fanbase. No no.. Screw sharing a stadium. It's cheap, tacky, and blows for one of the fanbases.

Shawn if I could applaud twice I would.

Formo that is the kind of thinking that has run us intot he ground.

The money doesn't magically appear for the State's portion. You may think it will all come from pull tabs and suites. It won't. Once the spot light is off them the money will come in from other sources as well.

Keep in mind there are State/City funds outside of the stadium. Millions will be spent on infrastructure. The streets will need to be redone. New lines. New sewers laid in. That won't come from pull tabs.
Then there is the knocking down the old stadium and re working the ground for something suitable in that location.

The people of the State of MN will end up paying a hefty sum just so they can say having 4 stadiums is awesome. Good for you. You deserve it.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 5/17/2012(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#178 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:17:29 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

I hope they get PSL's and the resultant financial reality shock. It is just a fun thing to watch, and in my experience, the Vikings fans' season ticket holders are the whiniest bitches of all, so this should be good.

Flapper

plus, Dumarr or Vladmir or whateverelseyouclowns call him looks terribly old, balding from the toxic-waste in the middle with greasy wisps of side-hair dangling down, he has flaccid chicken-wing flappy arms, and his bike don't run so good anymore. Flapper

They still have no friggin' roof. The collective brilliance of that great state came up with a bowl, but no covering, as yet. I'd be embarrased, but I'm not from Minnesota and don't know the absolutely scary depth of the stupidity threshold there. Not good on paper going in, but other than that, congratulations, you are good to go.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:02:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#179 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:13:31 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Shawn if I could applaud twice I would.

Formo that is the kind of thinking that has run us intot he ground.

The money doesn't magically appear for the State's portion. You may think it will all come from pull tabs and suites. It won't. Once the spot light is off them the money will come in from other sources as well.

Keep in mind there are State/City funds outside of the stadium. Millions will be spent on infrastructure. The streets will need to be redone. New lines. New sewers laid in. That won't come from pull tabs.
Then there is the knocking down the old stadium and re working the ground for something suitable in that location.

The people of the State of MN will end up paying a hefty sum just so they can say having 4 stadiums is awesome. Good for you. You deserve it.

They are building it on the Metrodome site. And the final number includes the immediate streets/plaza/etc. Keep digging, though. You might find something.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#180 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:15:18 PM(UTC)
Formo

I hope they get PSL's and the resultant financial reality shock. It is just a fun thing to watch, and in my experience, the Vikings fans' season ticket holders are the whiniest bitches of all, so this should be good.

Flapper

plus, Dumarr or Vladmir or whateverelseyouclowns call him looks terribly old, balding from the toxic-waste in the middle with greasy wisps of side-hair dangling down, he has flaccid chicken-wing flappy arms, and his bike don't run so good anymore. Flapper

They still have no friggin' roof. The collective brilliance of that great state came up with a bowl, but no covering, as yet. I'd be embarrased, but I'm not from Minnesota and don't know the absolutely scary depth of the stupidity threshold there. Not good on paper going in, but other than that, congratulations, you are good to go.

WTF are you even saying? Time to pour some sense into your jughead, pal.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed