Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
16 Pages«<56789>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#91 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:49:14 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 413

I know Kevin....i'm just not ready to let go of DD yet.....Weeeee!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#92 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:52:35 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

I think Ted has this all tied to DWTS... if Driver wins, he can stay. If not.. lol.

Seriously.. here is what I really think.. he will redo his contract some.. he will come to camp. Depending on how things shake out (overall depth) I can see him sticking this year yet.

Personally, as much as I like Jones as a overall player, I think he might be the out man out in Green Bay if there is depth with the young bucks. Affordable contract and would be a commodity on the market at another team could use. But for the Packers to move Jones, two young players need to step up and make the squad with the Packers keeping 6 at receiver. Driver filling in the 3rd to 4th option on passing plays.

I think Quarless starts the year on PUP, allowing the Packers to keep 3 other TE's and a pair of young bucks at receiver for the future. This gives Driver another season as a farewell tour so to speak.

With as complicated as the Packers offense is.. I think there is a limited amount of yearly turnover that can be afforded each year.. the above scenario gives the Packers maximum flexibly short and long term.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#93 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:10:38 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Blah, Shawn copied my Quarless starts on PUP and Packers use that spot for WR! :P
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#94 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:14:47 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Blah, Shawn copied my Quarless starts on PUP and Packers use that spot for WR! :P

Might as well zing it now.. didn't read another post in this thread. Just what came to mind on the topic.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#95 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:19:40 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Might as well zing it now.. didn't read another post in this thread. Just what came to mind on the topic.

Yeah, it just makes the most sense to me. It gives Quarless more recovery time, plus provides a little insurance, unless there's a RB, or OL, or some other position where the talent/potential outweighs the value of Donald Driver of course.

Dumping James Jones is intriguing. If one of the young bucks shows equally capable, I could see Jones being let go straight up.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#96 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:08:46 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

One year deal okay???
Offline play2win  
#97 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:07:28 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
play what the heck is it with you and thinking everyone wants our wide receivers? We won't trade Nelson and Cobb. No trade value in Jones and Driver at all and the only one that would be a slight chance for a trade would be Jennings in his contract year if I remember correctly.

Just saying it is possible with the glut of talent we have there. That's all. I didn't say, "everyone wants our wide receivers."

Uh, you COULD try giving me a little f'ing break, being it is about as slow as glacier formation on the football front... Neener, Neener
Offline play2win  
#98 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:21:08 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Offline dfosterf  
#99 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2012 7:05:54 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 418

James Jones is staying right here, and that is a good thing, imo.
Past experience in viewing young WR's says to me that Randall Cobb has got to "replace Donald Driver" this year.
I love DD as much as the next guy, but we also have additional complications. We are stock-full of quality WR prospects, and we are going to have to make as many holes for them as possible. Hanging onto DD does not do that for them, as prospects. I wouldn't dismiss this factor, as regards DD.

Honestly, I'm good either way. It would be hard to fuck that up amongst the WR personnel we have, regardless of who gets let go.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline dfosterf  
#100 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2012 7:11:12 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 418

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Just saying it is possible with the glut of talent we have there. That's all. I didn't say, "everyone wants our wide receivers."

Uh, you COULD try giving me a little f'ing break, being it is about as slow as glacier formation on the football front... Neener, Neener

FIRST he'd have to learn how to not be a dick. If you can teach him that, I suggest you franchise it, as many sites would like your recipe.

lol lol lol

Flapper

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline DakotaT  
#101 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2012 7:21:36 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
James Jones is staying right here, and that is a good thing, imo.
Past experience in viewing young WR's says to me that Randall Cobb has got to "replace Donald Driver" this year.
I love DD as much as the next guy, but we also have additional complications. We are stock-full of quality WR prospects, and we are going to have to make as many holes for them as possible. Hanging onto DD does not do that for them, as prospects. I wouldn't dismiss this factor, as regards DD.

Honestly, I'm good either way. It would be hard to fuck that up amongst the WR personnel we have, regardless of who gets let go.

Quit being an pussy and make a decision. I say cut his ass and save the cap room. Bring Gurley to the active roster and let him knock Jones down to #5. Cobb will move up to number 3.

Please don't kill me with your bare hands Gunny! Wanna Box?
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#102 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2012 7:32:32 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

I say we cut all the veteran leaders and bring in the practice squad players, we will be just like the holgrem era and win one super bowl and alot of playoffs
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline longtimefan  
#103 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2012 11:03:53 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

I heard DD is going to get a one year deal
Offline gbguy20  
#104 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2012 11:19:27 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: longtimefan Go to Quoted Post
I heard DD is going to get a one year deal

oh ya?
call me Dan
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#105 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2012 4:49:32 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 332
Applause Received: 443

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I say we cut all the veteran leaders and bring in the practice squad players, we will be just like the holgrem era and win one super bowl and alot of playoffs

Finally dhazer, you have seen the light!!!!

PACKERS DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' VETERAN LEADERSHIP!!

All they need is Rodgers, Cm3, Jennings and Woodson, the rest need to be cut!!

Everyone knows Gurley is going to be a superstar!!!!

Everyone knows that Jennings, Nelson and Jones are going to go through the year injury free.

So why the hell all this damn argueing?

Just get rid of Driver already, the guy has been holding back the team for to many years!!

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Rss Feed