You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<1112131415>»
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#181 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 10:39:09 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

2011 NFC Divisional Game
  • Greg Jennings 4 catches 40 yards
  • Donald Driver 3 catches 45 yards 1 TD
  • Jordy Nelson 3 catches 39 yards
  • Randall Cobb 3 catches 38 yards




UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dhpackr  
#182 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 10:56:43 AM(UTC)
dhpackr

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 963
Joined: 12/12/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
2011 NFC Divisional Game
  • Greg Jennings 4 catches 40 yards
  • Donald Driver 3 catches 45 yards 1 TD
  • Jordy Nelson 3 catches 39 yards
  • Randall Cobb 3 catches 38 yards



Well thx for supporting my post.DD had more yrds and td's than any other wr and did not fumble.
Applause

So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline DoddPower  
#183 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 12:01:55 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,582
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,469
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: dhpackr Go to Quoted Post
Well thx for supporting my post.DD had more yrds and td's than any other wr and did not fumble.
Applause



Of course that likely wouldn't be the case if Rodger's hadn't missed that wide open throw to, who was it, Finley I believe?

No one is trying to say Driver isn't good or that he played bad in that one game. But it's not like he had any kind of elite performance and certainly wasn't a threat of taking over the game. Getting open against a line backer for a few passes in a one game doesn't justify anything to me. I'm sure their intentions were to shut Jennings/Nelson/Finley down and make the likes of Driver/Jones/Cobb beat them, because they likely knew they wouldn't. I'm surprised guys like Jones, Driver, and Cobb didn't have bigger days given that they likely had one on one match ups all day against 3rd and 4th string CBs and starting LBs. I guess that was more of a function of Rodger's being under such pressure.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#184 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 12:39:41 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Greg Jennings would have had a TD if the OL gave Aaron Rodgers another 3/4 of a second, but instead it was a fumble.

Greg Jennings put up similar numbers (minus the TD, which matters most) and he was against their best cover guy where as Driver did his job by taking advantage of a linebacker.

I'm not faulting Driver for being covered by a LB ... I just don't know if Driver performed the best of the WR when you consider the context of it all.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#185 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2012 4:57:30 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,889
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,416
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings would have had a TD if the OL gave Aaron Rodgers another 3/4 of a second, but instead it was a fumble.

Greg Jennings put up similar numbers (minus the TD, which matters most) and he was against their best cover guy where as Driver did his job by taking advantage of a linebacker.

I'm not faulting Driver for being covered by a LB ... I just don't know if Driver performed the best of the WR when you consider the context of it all.


so you praise Jennings when he does not even catch the ball because it is the OL fault and he is covered by a DB and criticize Driver when he does make the catch because he was covered by a LB? strange. I would thin making the catch for the TD is all that matters. Maybe even credit Driver and Rodgers for seeing the mismatch.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#186 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2012 5:38:35 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
so you praise Jennings when he does not even catch the ball because it is the OL fault and he is covered by a DB and criticize Driver when he does make the catch because he was covered by a LB? strange. I would thin making the catch for the TD is all that matters. Maybe even credit Driver and Rodgers for seeing the mismatch.


Where did I praise Greg Jennings? Where did I criticize Donald Driver? Where am I removing credit for the touchdown by Donald Driver?

I'm failing to understand the value in putting words in my mouth. I even said the touchdown matters the most. Think

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#187 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2012 6:57:57 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,889
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,416
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Where did I praise Greg Jennings? Where did I criticize Donald Driver? Where am I removing credit for the touchdown by Donald Driver?

I'm failing to understand the value in putting words in my mouth. I even said the touchdown matters the most. Think


touchy today I see. I was just generalizing and applying innuendo to your comments.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#188 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2012 7:27:37 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
touchy today I see. I was just generalizing and applying innuendo to your comments.


Perhaps ... I did spend many hours backing up and setting up the site on a new host ... biggest transition pain ever ... plus was up past midnight working on my family tree and got up at 6am.

As for the comments ... you put words in my mouth ... it wasn't nice. Shame on you And you didn't even answer my questions!!!!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Wade  
#189 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2012 7:41:10 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,654
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 562
Applause Received: 588

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
... was up past midnight working on my family tree and got up at 6am.



I have a new puppy who is always looking for new places to pee. Can he visit your tree?

Big Grin

Edited by moderator Friday, June 8, 2012 10:35:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 6/8/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#190 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2012 7:57:50 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,889
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,416
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
... was up past midnight working on my family tree and got up at 6am.



I have a new puppy who is always looking for new places to pee. Can he visit your tree?

Big Grin



POTD!! well it would be if you could quote and post properly. Not talking

Edited by moderator Friday, June 8, 2012 10:35:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#191 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 12:14:53 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Ugh, it's a contract, why is it so hard to find 100% accurate information?
Now apparently the Packers guaranteed Driver $1.2 million.
http://blogs.greenbaypre...teed-driver-1-2-million/

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#192 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 1:11:41 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,889
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,416
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Ugh, it's a contract, why is it so hard to find 100% accurate information?
Now apparently the Packers guaranteed Driver $1.2 million.
http://blogs.greenbaypre...teed-driver-1-2-million/



I agree. I could understand the team and player not wanting to disclose personal information like payroll but due to the union it becomes public knowledge sooner or later so I fail to see what difference it makes if they tells us right up front.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Methodikal  
#193 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 1:14:18 PM(UTC)
Methodikal

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 42
Joined: 5/17/2011(UTC)

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 6

I'm betting the Packers keep six receivers if they really did guarantee Driver $1.2 million, unless he starts dancing with two left feet during training camp.
Something funny.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 6/11/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#194 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 1:19:37 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,889
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,416
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: Methodikal Go to Quoted Post
I'm betting the Packers keep six receivers if they really did guarantee Driver $1.2 million, unless he starts dancing with two left feet during training camp.


I agree on the 6 WR and have said so for a while but it is rare when I find myself agreeing with Methodikal. I have always viewed him as the trouble maker of the forum.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#195 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 1:25:16 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Funny story about that Methodikal, who happens to be the "Host" admin account and was temporarily -- accidently deleted. Wanna talk about an 'oh sweet honey iced tea' moment ... my forehead was sweating because you can't create another one.

That 6th WR will have to be better than the 4th TE (or some other position). I can see it happening. The league MVP needs targets.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
16 Pages«<1112131415>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.370 seconds.