Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
10 Pages«<78910>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#201 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:12:09 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Only reason I posted that is because you just threw that out there with absolutely nothing else. No elaboration, no sources, just that.


And if he told you that he heard it from one of the several voices in his head, would that have satisfied your request? Doubtful.


I'm not knocking Jim, since that's how I cite my sources! :)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#202 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:08:03 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Only reason I posted that is because you just threw that out there with absolutely nothing else. No elaboration, no sources, just that.



Cant name a source from an email, or say who it is from..

You just never know who has "acquaintances" that work for the Packers..

Think


Offline gbguy20  
#203 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:07:27 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: longtimefan Go to Quoted Post
Cant name a source from an email, or say who it is from..

You just never know who has "acquaintances" that work for the Packers..

Think




ARE YOU HOLDING OUT ON Us
call me Dan
Offline longtimefan  
#204 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:19:20 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
ARE YOU HOLDING OUT ON Us


No..Cuz I did mention two things..

Just some either dont believe, or dont care
Online Zero2Cool  
#205 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:03:36 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Donald Driver wrote:
I’m going to play two more years, this one, then next year, then I’m completely done, (I’m) gonna put my cleats on the shelf and do something different. I’ve always said I wanted to retire a Packer and now I get that opportunity to retire for, as I always say, the best franchise in the world.


Unless James Jones is traded or it appears Greg Jennings can't be resigned, I don't see how Donald Driver makes the roster in 2013.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#206 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:24:47 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Unless James Jones is traded or it appears Greg Jennings can't be resigned, I don't see how Donald Driver makes the roster in 2013.


Agreed. Although it's better than saying he'll play this year then be done, retire, then decide he has enough left in the tank for another year and come back. If he doesn't make the cut in 2013, he'll know it's not personal and he's got the character to step aside gracefully, if not somewhat sadly.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#207 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:38:44 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Unless James Jones is traded or it appears Greg Jennings can't be resigned, I don't see how Donald Driver makes the roster in 2013.


say what
call me Dan
Online Zero2Cool  
#208 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:48:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
say what


What.

There, I said 'what'. Face. Palm.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#209 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:00:43 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
What.

There, I said 'what'. Face. Palm.


I fully expected you to respond like this but I was really hoping you wouldn't. Let me rephrase, can you elaborate on the details that support your statement? I'm not trying to argue or anything, I generally don't know, and would like to.
call me Dan
Offline Cheesey  
#210 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:12:45 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 439

I still think DD is valuable to us. If a guy goes down, or one doesn't pan out like they think he will, DD is a known producer. Why get rid of that kind of talent? He still goes over the middle without flinching.
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#211 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:23:08 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
I fully expected you to respond like this but I was really hoping you wouldn't. Let me rephrase, can you elaborate on the details that support your statement? I'm not trying to argue or anything, I generally don't know, and would like to.


Perhaps you should elaborate on what you are inquiring instead of being offensive when someone responds short to your own short comment? Nah, its okay for you, just not anyone else. I also figured it was pretty obvious what I was referring to without going into great detail. But hey, I'm cool with explaining things again.

There have been some rumors about the Packers trading James Jones, so that explains that part.

I recall discussing Greg Jennings contract in another thread (which I know you read every single post in every single thread) which expires after this season, so that explains that part.

So, if James Jones is not traded, Greg Jennings is resigned and no injuries to either of them or Jordy Nelson ... I don't think Donald Driver plays for the Green Bay Packers during the 2013 season. Then again, the two young guys could just really suck, lol.

I just feel this is the last season Driver plays for the Packers when all things considered.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#212 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:33:40 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps you should elaborate on what you are inquiring instead of being offensive when someone responds short to your own short comment? Nah, its okay for you, just not anyone else. I also figured it was pretty obvious what I was referring to without going into great detail. But hey, I'm cool with explaining things again.

There have been some rumors about the Packers trading James Jones, so that explains that part.

I recall discussing Greg Jennings contract in another thread (which I know you read every single post in every single thread) which expires after this season, so that explains that part.

So, if James Jones is not traded, Greg Jennings is resigned and no injuries to either of them or Jordy Nelson ... I don't think Donald Driver plays for the Green Bay Packers during the 2013 season. Then again, the two young guys could just really suck, lol.

I just feel this is the last season Driver plays for the Packers when all things considered.


I wasn't being offensive at all but it's good to know you still don't like me. Anywho, the reason I was confused and needed an explanation was because I apparently misread your original post. I read it as, "if James Jones isn't traded then Greg Jennings can't be resigned." Now, I get it.
call me Dan
Online Zero2Cool  
#213 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:41:41 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
I wasn't being offensive at all but it's good to know you still don't like me. Anywho, the reason I was confused and needed an explanation was because I apparently misread your original post. I read it as, "if James Jones isn't traded then Greg Jennings can't be resigned." Now, I get it.


You come to this "disaster" site and post often, of course I like you! I probably worded it like a dummy. I'll check it and edit it. I tend to skip words/add words when I type a post while on conference calls. Bad habit.

Edit, I see where you kinda misread it and it is poorly worded, but I left as is ... maybe someone else will be confused and I can mess with them too! Drool
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#214 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:45:19 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

I check the site 10 times a day just on the off chance that sum1 made a new post. Cannot wait til the season starts.
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Packerchick on 7/12/2012(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#215 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:46:42 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
I check the site 10 times a day just on the off chance that sum1 made a new post. Cannot wait til the season starts.


You an me both. And I get disappointed when I see the last person to post was me, lol.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#216 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:53:56 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Good lord, schoolyard drama. Whose hair do I need to yank around here to get some attention?
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#217 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:18:19 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Good lord, schoolyard drama. Whose hair do I need to yank around here to get some attention?


I'm more into choking than I am hair pulling...Maybe we can compromise and you can just spank me?
call me Dan
Online Zero2Cool  
#218 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:32:00 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Good lord, schoolyard drama. Whose hair do I need to yank around here to get some attention?


Drop the soap?


Greg Jennings - extended
Jordy Nelson - nothing
James Jones - not traded
Randall Cobb - more snaps
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#219 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2012 4:35:15 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Drop the soap?


Greg Jennings - extended
Jordy Nelson - nothing
James Jones - not traded
Randall Cobb - more snaps


Rodgers- deal being worked on
Matthews will be worse than Drew Brees contract as he is causing issues already..

How do I know?

Only the shadow knows
Offline gbguy20  
#220 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2012 4:49:02 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: longtimefan Go to Quoted Post
Rodgers- deal being worked on
Matthews will be worse than Drew Brees contract as he is causing issues already..

How do I know?

Only the shadow knows


this guy again holding out on us
call me Dan
Offline 68md  
#221 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2012 5:51:27 PM(UTC)
68md

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2009

Joined: 10/1/2008(UTC)
Location: Deep South

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 12

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Unless James Jones is traded or it appears Greg Jennings can't be resigned, I don't see how Donald Driver makes the roster in 2013.


Perhaps the Packers will take advantage of the NEW NFL rules re IR and Trade deadline, as agreed to by NFL owners in May, 2012.

The owners also voted to move the trading deadline from after Week 6 to after Week 8, and to allow one "marquee" player placed on injured reserve to return to practice after the sixth week of the schedule and to the lineup after the eighth week. That player must be on the 53-man roster after the final preseason cut.

A lot of factors involved including camp injuries.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 7/15/2012(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#222 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:02:27 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Think hmmmmmmmThink


Packers | Jordy Nelson having strong camp

Wed, 08 Aug 2012 07:01:07 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson has arguably been the team's best player in training camp so far. Nelson has reportedly been a dominating force.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Bob McGinn




Packers | Diondre Borel, Shaky Smithson not standing out

Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:36:20 -0700

Green Bay Packers WRs Diondre Borel and Shaky Smithson are vying for a roster spot in training camp at a deep position. Borel has had his moments, and is a player QB Aaron Rodgers seems to like. Smith hasn't done anything to turn heads. "You can only focus day by day," Borel said. "My goal has always been to develop and see what happens here."

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Rob Reischel




Packers | Tori Gurley working back from injury

Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:35:52 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Tori Gurley (groin) missed most of last week's workouts due to a groin injury.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Rob Reischel




Packers | Donald Driver holding off youngsters

Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:35:02 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver has been having a strong camp, and he still appears capable of helping the team's high-powered offense. He has plenty of confidence, too. "I think a lot of people are surprised how I've played at 37 years old," Driver said. "But if you haven't lost it, you haven't lost it. And I haven't lost anything." Driver checked in at 194 pounds with body fat under four percent.



Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team...ay-packers#ixzz22zFAsgOT
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline dhpackr  
#223 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:40:06 AM(UTC)
dhpackr

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/12/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

I agree that this will indeed be DD's last season as a Packer. I feel he could still put up 50 catches 5 td and 700 yrds, if he is given the opportunity. The problem is he has so many guys that can make big plays to compete against how many opportunities he will get.

he played better than any receiver on the packers in the last playoff game last season. Many will reply that he was being covered by a nickle back, and was not being covered by an elite db. i don't see what the issue is? DD can stretch the field and if he is on the field with Jordy, GJ, J-Finn, he really should be able to get open and make some great plays. Once you throw in Cobb, you have five guys who can make plays, its just who is open.

I thought DD agreed this was his last year as a Packer.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Online cheeseheads123  
#224 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:45:07 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 118

Under 4 percent body fat Applause Applause Applause
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#225 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:00:49 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Originally Posted by: dhpackr Go to Quoted Post
I agree that this will indeed be DD's last season as a Packer. I feel he could still put up 50 catches 5 td and 700 yrds, if he is given the opportunity. The problem is he has so many guys that can make big plays to compete against how many opportunities he will get.

he played better than any receiver on the packers in the last playoff game last season. Many will reply that he was being covered by a nickle back, and was not being covered by an elite db. i don't see what the issue is? DD can stretch the field and if he is on the field with Jordy, GJ, J-Finn, he really should be able to get open and make some great plays. Once you throw in Cobb, you have five guys who can make plays, its just who is open.

I thought DD agreed this was his last year as a Packer.


I don't know about DD, but Donald Driver has said a few times he's playing this season and next season. I only see that happening if Greg Jennings leaves AND one of the youngsters makes the roster.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
10 Pages«<78910>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / polargrizz

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra