You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Trippster  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:57:11 PM(UTC)
Trippster

Applause Received: 10

So now we get to learn about a viking gnome?

yikes!

Nice read david. You are a vivid storyteller. My first job too was a gas attendant. lasted all of one day!
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:32:03 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

It stands to reason that your interview would be one of the longest, you old salt. Fascinating read -- I had a lot of fun. I'm a little puzzled, though. Didn't I nominate you to be the next interviewee several months ago?
UserPostedImage
Offline obi1  
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 5:41:56 PM(UTC)
obi1

Applause Given: 1

David,

Awesome that you like Korean food. Have you been to Korea? I took my family there last august. The food there was amazing... NOTHING in the US tasted anything like it. I got completely spoiled there by their food.

I don't enjoy the eating out here as much anymore... Could have been the ingredients...
blank
Offline dfosterf  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:00:29 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

Originally Posted by: obi1 Go to Quoted Post
David,

Awesome that you like Korean food. Have you been to Korea? I took my family there last august. The food there was amazing... NOTHING in the US tasted anything like it. I got completely spoiled there by their food.

I don't enjoy the eating out here as much anymore... Could have been the ingredients...

Little River turnpike corridor in Annandale, Va. Korean restaurants up the ying-yang. Never ate in a bad one.

Lee Highway corridor in Falls Church, Va. Korean Supermarkets - and not little ones- as full sized as regular supermarkets.

(D.C. suburbs)

Wife number two was Korean. Fortunately she dumped me, or I'd probably weigh a quarter-ton by now. In addition to knowing all the restaurants and markets, she could really cook that stuff.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Pack93z  
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:52:48 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 936

I might be in the minority here.. but I wish Fostersan would open up and express his thoughts once in a while. Freaking introverted jarhead.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/15/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:55:37 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 936

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
old salt.

Isn't this sorta repetitive in nature. Big Grin

The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#22 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:51:13 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I might be in the minority here.. but I wish Fostersan would open up and express his thoughts once in a while. Freaking introverted jarhead.

I once ran in a white t-shirt, utilities, and boots through a modern major city in a shaky ally country. Traffic was stopped as we went. We ran in perfect cadence, and the sound was deafening- even our boots hitting the ground thundered... not to mention we have some cool cadence... It was the entire Marine element of the 6th fleet, in one place, at one time. It was the precision that made every boot strike, clap, and return of cadence so memorable. It resonated. it really did thunder in sound. Think for a moment of approximately 3000 men in absolutely perfect unison on an urban street. That is not a college band, that is the United States sending a not- so- subtle message to the populace. To you, it's not much to note. To me, I cannot think of anyone but a U.S. Marine Infantryman that could live that experience. Maybe a Soviet sailor that watched us go by could tell you what he thought in that port city, as he was there. Such was the cold war.

There. I thought about that. Something you would never hear of otherwise. Extroverted, lol

Smile

Edited by user Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:52:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

thanks Post received 2 applause.
Pack93z on 11/16/2012(UTC), wpr on 2/21/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:33:35 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I once ran in a white t-shirt, utilities, and boots through a modern major city in a shaky ally country. Traffic was stopped as we went. We ran in perfect cadence, and the sound was deafening- even our boots hitting the ground thundered... not to mention we have some cool cadence... It was the entire Marine element of the 6th fleet, in one place, at one time. It was the precision that made every boot strike, clap, and return of cadence so memorable. It resonated. it really did thunder in sound. Think for a moment of approximately 3000 men in absolutely perfect unison on an urban street. That is not a college band, that is the United States sending a not- so- subtle message to the populace. To you, it's not much to note. To me, I cannot think of anyone but a U.S. Marine Infantryman that could live that experience. Maybe a Soviet sailor that watched us go by could tell you what he thought in that port city, as he was there. Such was the cold war.

There. I thought about that. Something you would never hear of otherwise. Extroverted, lol

Smile

I thought I applauded this when you wrote it. So you get one today. That would have been awesome to watch. Better still to me a part of the group as they all watched you go by.

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage