Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bigbyfan  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 2:49:31 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Was keeping, say, Scorpio Babers really more important than giving Wynn one finally chance during the 4th preseason game now that he's able to play? I don't know. I'm a bit perplexed.

Looks like the team ran out of patience with Wynn, or just didn't see the commitment from Wynn to warrant keeping him on the team. I was a bit surprised, but we don't know what happens behind closed doors.

With the running attack we have shown this preseason i wish they would have given wynn a chance to show what he has this year also. He will endup somewhere in the nfl.

Plus how many opportunities does a team have to have a name like Scorpio on your roster. :icon_smile:
Offline Bigbyfan  
#17 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 2:54:31 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 154
With Justin Harrell going to the PUP, I would still like the Packers to pickup Rod Coleman. He would be another anchor in the middle, I think he would make a Grady Jackson impact for this team.
Offline wpr  
#18 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 2:59:56 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,311
Applause Received: 1,606
All seems predicatable so far.
Offline Cheesey  
#19 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 3:08:15 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 433
Applause Received: 608
Justin Harrell, same as it ever was. This is really getting tiring.

'Tis.

3 things you can count on in life:
1) you'll pay taxes,
2) you'll die,
3) Justin Harrell will be injured

You forgot the 4th thing.....
4) The Vikings will never win a super bowl :thumbright:

I had a feeling Wynn would be gone. It's sad......the guy showed flashes. He has the physical talent, just seems to be missing something mentally.

And Harrel......jeez, i'm dissapointed with that guy. How long do you wait for him to show if he still deserves a shot? It's starting to look like a swing and a miss for Ted Thompson on this kid.
Oh well......can't get them all right i guess.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#20 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 3:14:08 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 263
Applause Received: 446
There was a lot of talk during the draft that Harrel was a risky choice since he was actually still injured going in. I have not been one to see his upside because my overall knowledge at that position is the smallest of all the team positions. It is unfortunate it has been this long and he is still hurt. You want those draft picks to be able to pick it up as a starter as soon as possible. Time will tell...
Offline Cheesey  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 3:27:38 PM(UTC)

United States
I think Harrel will get one more chance. Then, if he doesn't start EARNING some of his money, he will be gone. I think if he had been a late round pick, he'd be gone already.
Offline zombieslayer  
#22 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 3:34:23 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I had a feeling Wynn would be gone. It's sad......the guy showed flashes. He has the physical talent, just seems to be missing something mentally.

And Harrel......jeez, i'm dissapointed with that guy. How long do you wait for him to show if he still deserves a shot? It's starting to look like a swing and a miss forTed Thompsonon this kid.

:lol:

Yeah. forgot that one. Poor Vikings.

Wynn might end up as a #2 back for someone else. He won't be outstanding, but he's serviceable. I currently like Grant, Jackson, Herron, Morency, and Lumpkin better than Wynn though.

Everyone has bad draft picks. I think Ted Thompson 's draft last year made up for the mistake in the first. It was still a very good draft.
Offline zombieslayer  
#23 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 3:35:06 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
I think Harrel will get one more chance. Then, if he doesn't start EARNING some of his money, he will be gone. I think if he had been a late round pick, he'd be gone already.

Agreed.
Offline Cheesey  
#24 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 3:37:05 PM(UTC)

United States

And Harrel......jeez, i'm dissapointed with that guy. How long do you wait for him to show if he still deserves a shot? It's starting to look like a swing and a miss forTed Thompsonon this kid.

Everyone has bad draft picks. I think Ted Thompson 's draft last year made up for the mistake in the first. It was still a very good draft.

Oh....i agree 100%! Not one GM gets them all right. Not even Ron Wolf did. But Ted Thompson has done pretty darn well in my view.
Offline Rockjock07  
#25 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 3:57:31 PM(UTC)

With Harrell being gone until week 7 at the earliest, Ted Thompson has to go after a DT or two right?
Offline porky88  
#26 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 4:19:26 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 245
Applause Received: 487
With Harrell being gone until week 7 at the earliest, Ted Thompson has to go after a DT or two right?

I think you're looking a combination of Johnny Jolly, Ryan Pickett, and Colin Cole on rushing situations.

On passing situations, Cullen Jenkins and either Jolly or Michael Montgomery.

If Pickett ends up missing a lot of time then I think you need to go after someone. Its going to come down to whether or not he can get someone who he believes is an upgrade over Muir or Malone. If he can then I could see him doing that. If not then well go with what we have.
Offline Packnic  
#27 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 4:31:16 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

I wouldn't think so. Pickett and Jolly are the starters. and back up DT's we have. and Harrell being sidelined for the first half could be a blessing in disguise. He can inject some youth and freshness into the D Line about the time we need some.

If Harrell was a starter id be concerned. Right now hes just a backup with serious potential and some bad luck with injuries.
Offline Greg C.  
#28 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 6:32:45 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 48
Some people still assume that Wynn lacks commitment. That was the line on him coming out of college, but as soon as he got to the Packers, the coaches were impressed by his work ethic. Both Ted Thompson and Rock Gullickson, the team's strength coach, have praised Wynn's effort. I really think that at this point it's simply a case of Wynn being unable to stay healthy. Not everybody's body can withstand the rigors of the NFL, even with proper weight training. For that reason, I think his prospects in the NFL are pretty bleak. A practice squad might be the best place for him at this point, if anyone wants to take a chance on him.
Offline eap33  
#29 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 7:19:30 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 3
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Mo, and I like what I've seen from Lumpkin so far. Morency had one too many bad cases of fumblitis for me. My vote goes to Grant, B-Jack, Herron and Lumpy.
Offline chibiabo  
#30 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 8:04:05 PM(UTC)

:magnifyglass: Nailed two on the list anyway. Of course harrell is a no brainer as well as he always has either a runny nose, a crooked elbow or some such. One of TT's biggest blunders was selecting that guy #1. Wynn is anther talent that seems oft injured which is a shame as I do believe he has talent. Think some team with a lot of patience and good medical people will get a very good player. Francies was lost among all the new talent at WR, which leaves Powdrell which I admit is a bit of a surprise.
Rss Feed