Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Wade  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:13:01 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 647

Finally got my new MacBookPro.

From first press of power button to browser ready to go: 23 seconds. And that's because I mistyped my log-on password the first time.

2880 x 1800 resolution, 16 gigs memory. 768 gig flash drive. Quad-core I7. 0.71" thick.

Of course I'm broke again.

No way any cream soda is getting near this one.

Vroom fucking vroom.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 8/25/2012(UTC), zombieslayer on 8/27/2012(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline dyeah_gb  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:11:34 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 24

Congrats on the purchase. Apple makes solid products but they cost a pretty penny. I get the tech bug when apple comes out with a product and try to find some cheap pc or android substitute. The cheapo netbook I am using right now was purchased to prevent me from buying an ipad :)

You going to play some Diablo III on that bad boy?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 4:45:04 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
0.71" thick.

No way any cream soda is getting near this one.

Vroom fucking vroom.

Please keep these comments in the appropriate forum section.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 8/25/2012(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 7:50:04 PM(UTC)
Wade

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Please keep these comments in the appropriate forum section.

*sshole.

Nanner, nanner, nanner, kevey is jealous, kevey is jealous.

Flapper

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:31:59 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Awesome, would love to have he same.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:49:31 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
*sshole.

Nanner, nanner, nanner, kevey is jealous, kevey is jealous.

Flapper

After they sued Samsung for making a square phone with rounded corners, I won't ever buy anything Apple.

They make really solid products, but they are scared shitless of anyone doing the same so they sue everyone hoping to scare off innovation, while hypocritically claiming they are pushing for innovation. Which, sure they are, as long as its not a tablet, smartphone or laptop. Then they are all for innovation.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 8/26/2012(UTC), Porforis on 8/26/2012(UTC), Wade on 8/26/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:04:03 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,744
Applause Received: 1,311

After they sued Samsung for making a square phone with rounded corners, I won't ever buy anything Apple.

They make really solid products, but they are scared shitless of anyone doing the same so they sue everyone hoping to scare off innovation, while hypocritically claiming they are pushing for innovation. Which, sure they are, as long as its not a tablet, smartphone or laptop. Then they are all for innovation.

I hate the way they overcharge or hold everyone hostage who buys their products. The first computer I bought back in the early 90's was mostly proprietary software. I couldn't do a thing without bowing down and kissing their ---. Never again.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Wade on 8/26/2012(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:23:15 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Amen. Only reason I bought a Droid tablet (Coincidentally, a Samsung) over a previous-gen iPad is my increasing annoyance and Apple's hypocrisy and whining. Their entire business model is based around taking other people's ideas and products and making them better, more usable for the everyman. Especially considering their history with Microsoft and their endless whining and lawsuits, you'd think they might not have a piss-poor attitude now that they're finally on top of a market (if you don't consider "android" as a valid competitor, only single manufacturers). My (Parents') first computer was an Apple IIe, followed by a Macintosh LCIII, followed by a G3 iMac and I use a (admittedly company-assigned) iPhone for work, just as a disclaimer for anyone that will inevitably go "LOL look at the Apple hater, worse than the fanboys!"
UserPostedImage
Wade on 8/26/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:23:18 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I hate the way they overcharge or hold everyone hostage who buys their products. The first computer I bought back in the early 90's was mostly proprietary software. I couldn't do a thing without bowing down and kissing their ---. Never again.

Yep. You need something fixed, you gotta find one of their "Genius" folks and they are not cheap. But quite a few people think hey since it costs so much, it MUST be the best! Wrong, oh so so wrong! They provide great products, but not the best. That argument is like saying Chevrolet is best.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:26:20 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Amen. Only reason I bought a Droid tablet (Coincidentally, a Samsung) over a previous-gen iPad is my increasing annoyance and Apple's hypocrisy and whining. Their entire business model is based around taking other people's ideas and products and making them better, more usable for the everyman. Especially considering their history with Microsoft and their endless whining and lawsuits, you'd think they might not have a piss-poor attitude now that they're finally on top of a market (if you don't consider "android" as a valid competitor, only single manufacturers). My (Parents') first computer was an Apple IIe, followed by a Macintosh LCIII, followed by a G3 iMac and I use a (admittedly company-assigned) iPhone for work, just as a disclaimer for anyone that will inevitably go "LOL look at the Apple hater, worse than the fanboys!"

I read that Apple was bailed out by Bill Gates years ago when they were nearly shut down. Then again, Apple sued Samsung who apparently is the manufacturer of some of their touch screens or something or other.

UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:16:38 PM(UTC)
Wade

Even though I have had Apples for years, I would not be surprised if this ends up being my last one. (It's one of the reasons I went max possible on everything.

I think their business model is screwy. It's one thing trying to take over the world by providing top-end customer service (e.g. Amazon). It's another to try to do it by trying to control the rules of the game so you don't have to serve the customers (not just Apple, but Google and Facebook models).

Right now, and as I see it for the next 3+ years, Apple is going to still offer the best machine for my needs and computing limitations. That's why I bought Apple this go-round. Not because I think Jobs was God (he struck me as an arrogant, narcissist scumbag, quite frankly), but because for me at this moment in time they have the best product despite themselves.

They wanted me to buy a computer that is not upgradable? Fine, I'll do so, since it matches my projected needs.

But what little product loyalty I have has gone bye-bye.

And the coolness of their designs isn't going to change that.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:27:37 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I'm actually fascinated by Steve Jobs. Reading some of his faults that people claim arrogant for me, claim genius for him. I don't understand that, but can relate to much of traits.

I have no product loyalty at all. I buy what suits me best. Buying similar hardware for 40% more with expensive support will never suit me best. I also like control over my devices and freedom to upgrade as I wish.

The only thing that matters though, is you are happy with the device you purchased. That's what counts.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 5:10:24 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Tim Cook wrote:
For us this lawsuit has always been about something much more important than patents or money. It's about values. We value originality and innovation and pour our lives into making the best products on earth. And we do this to delight our customers, not for competitors to flagrantly copy.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 1:45:49 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,020

I have nothing bad to say about the Apple products themselves.. if you wish to operate with the design of their scope.. it is a good solution.

However if you are in a climate of ever changing demands.. integration abound, cross functionality of hardware and software.. Apple is just not a viable solution.

I often get asked why I don't invest in Macs.. simply my uses cross over to wide for it to fit my needs.. not to mention added cost factors when you are just going to pound it into the ground in a manufacturing environment.

We had one Mac in production.. it has since been removed and we streamlined the marketing department into the PC world.

I don't love Microsoft.. but I find its flexibility to just be far superior to the Mac world.

My thoughts upon it.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Wade on 8/27/2012(UTC)
Rss Feed