Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Porforis  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:05:13 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Why in the name of God can't people use a $40 HD video tuner, a $30 video capture card, or set their camcorder on a level surface so it's not Shakycam Central?
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:16:43 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Why in the name of God can't people use a $40 HD video tuner, a $30 video capture card, or set their camcorder on a level surface so it's not Shakycam Central?

not everyone has that cash or is tech savvy as yourself to make it so

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Porforis  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:31:51 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
not everyone has that cash or is tech savvy as yourself to make it so

Because we all know you need at least bachelors-level education or experience to put a camcorder on a flat or otherwise stable surface like a table, chair, or even a couch.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 8/28/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:44:00 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Because we all know you need at least bachelors-level education or experience to put a camcorder on a flat or otherwise stable surface like a table, chair, or even a couch.

You really have a closed mind, don't you? It was probably a cell phone and they also wanted to get a close up of the ass whooping Jared Allen received. Your gripe is really weak and shallow minded here. Be thankful for the video instead of pissing and moaning that it wasn't done to YOUR criteria of quality.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:12:54 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I'm with Por.

Use a freaking tripod or put the camcorder on a flat surface. This crap gives me a headache.

Tripods cost less than $20 at Target. If you can't afford a tripod, then put it on a flat surface. Most homes have flat surfaces.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:23:31 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I'm with Por.

Use a freaking tripod or put the camcorder on a flat surface. This crap gives me a headache.

Tripods cost less than $20 at Target. If you can't afford a tripod, then put it on a flat surface. Most homes have flat surfaces.

I'm extremely disappointed in both of you and appalled at your selfishness and complete disregard for appreciation of what was done for FREE for you. You both completely lack the understanding of the situation and have zero mental capability of putting yourself in others shoes.

It's people like you guys that make it difficult to try and do things for people... because it is NEVER f*ckING GOOD ENOUGH!

UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:49:30 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

What's a camcorder?

Still photos are the way to go.

Big Grin

(though it helps to have a GorillaPod for that, too.)
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:20:37 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
What's a camcorder?

Still photos are the way to go.

Big Grin

(though it helps to have a GorillaPod for that, too.)

lol print off a bunch of pictures and flip through them!!! Remember that with post it notes? haha

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:05:32 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I'm extremely disappointed in both of you and appalled at your selfishness and complete disregard for appreciation of what was done for FREE for you. You both completely lack the understanding of the situation and have zero mental capability of putting yourself in others shoes.

It's people like you guys that make it difficult to try and do things for people... because it is NEVER f*ckING GOOD ENOUGH!

Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're being serious or not. If you're honestly this pissed off over this, holy shit. Shakycam is annoying, most people will agree on that. By complaining about a video shot in shakycam, it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the fact that someone took the time to upload this, and that I don't appreciate the fact that it was shared here on the forum. It is not reasonable to expect someone to put a "I appreciate x, y, and z" before issuing criticism (especially semi-constructive criticism). This is doubly-so when we're talking about a non-forum member that I have no way of directly addressing (in which case I never would have said anything of the sort), and when I am making a statement about shakycam footage that is rampant on Youtube in general, not bitching exclusively at the person that uploaded this specific video.

There is nothing wrong with my mental capabilities, and while every man is inherently selfish I spend a great deal of time and energy analyzing WHY I do things, WHY I think things, and if I am fairly interpreting things or just interpreting things through the lens of my existing bias. Yes, I was pissy this morning. Yes, I worded things more negatively than I would have otherwise. No, I was not exclusively criticizing the person who shot this video, nor was I simply bitching for the sake of bitching.
</rant>

Anyhow, let's kiss and make up. Whistle Anyone who wants to watch, tickets start at $5, front row is $15.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:34:03 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:36:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:36:09 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage

Nice.

Offline Porforis  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:36:54 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Nice.

I especially like the part.

Edit: Nevermind, animated gif wasn't popping up on the company's slooooooooow internet.
UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:58:42 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're being serious or not. If you're honestly this pissed off over this, holy shit. Shakycam is annoying, most people will agree on that. By complaining about a video shot in shakycam, it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the fact that someone took the time to upload this, and that I don't appreciate the fact that it was shared here on the forum. It is not reasonable to expect someone to put a "I appreciate x, y, and z" before issuing criticism (especially semi-constructive criticism). This is doubly-so when we're talking about a non-forum member that I have no way of directly addressing (in which case I never would have said anything of the sort), and when I am making a statement about shakycam footage that is rampant on Youtube in general, not bitching exclusively at the person that uploaded this specific video.

There is nothing wrong with my mental capabilities, and while every man is inherently selfish I spend a great deal of time and energy analyzing WHY I do things, WHY I think things, and if I am fairly interpreting things or just interpreting things through the lens of my existing bias. Yes, I was pissy this morning. Yes, I worded things more negatively than I would have otherwise. No, I was not exclusively criticizing the person who shot this video, nor was I simply bitching for the sake of bitching.
</rant>.....

Is Anal-Retentive spelled with or without a hyphen? Big Grin

Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:59:32 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I don't see the animated gif that Pack93z posted. Think
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Porforis  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:32:27 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I don't see the animated gif that Pack93z posted. Think

1. Open this thread
2. Open new tab, keeping this tab open
3. Go to http://wonderduck.mu.nu/images/hehhehheh.gif in new tab. Wait for it to download.
4. Go back to thread. Now it should be showing.

Shrug

EDIT: Apparently they disabled hotlinking from Packershome.com, which explains why the image shows in the thread when you open it in another tab (It is cached).

Buncha jerks.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed