Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yerko  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 8:00:59 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 244

Hey guys, so after the disappointing loss yesterday I was really down in the dumps. Losing 5 games by 4 points or less can really destroy someone, especially when you think your team is one of the better teams in the league.

Well, I figured what the hell...lets see how much Packers tix are going for now. I stumbled across 2 tix going for $65 in section 109 row 48.

I am going to my first Packers game at Lambeau Field ever and even though we are 5-8, I couldn't be more pumped!!!

I am going to the December 28th game of coarse...only remaining home game against the Lions...so I would like to say it is a gauranteed win...who knows.

Any suggestions from fellow Packers fans (what to go see, what to do, etc etc) upon my amazing trip to one of the most greatest and historical places in sports?

All information would be greatly appreciated.

-Sean
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Rockmolder  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 8:20:35 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 151
Applause Received: 254

Wow, I don't have any info, as I have never been there myself. Haven't even been to America for that matter :p.

Have fun though, I know what I would do, buy all kinds of crap in the Packers Shop and go to pretty much anything I could find inside that stadium. :p
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 8:43:40 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 396

CONGRATS Akamp!
You will LOVE it!
There are a few things.......one of the most important is: DRESS FOR THE WEATHER! If it's cold (which it usually is that time of year) it can be a miserable 3 hours if you don't wear the right clothes.
Also.......the seats are just metal bleacher seats. So spend the $5 each and rent the cushoned clip on seats that they rent to people on the way into Lambeau Field. WELL worth the 5 bucks.
If you have time, check out the Packer Hall of Fame, which is in the Lambeau Field Atrium.
Bring LOTS of money to buy souvineers if you can.
Parking on the stadium grounds is only for those with the parking permits, so give yourself time to find a place to park before the game if you are driving.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 9:30:24 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
...only remaining home game against the Lions...so I would like to say it is a guaranteed win...who knows.

-Sean

This will be my new sig...come December 29th. ::razz:

Seriously, have a good time Sean.

But really, that will be my new sig....guaranteed :thumbleft:
Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 9:50:33 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Nice man. Enjoy it. Hope for your sake the Pack beat the Lions like they did on Sept. 14th.

Ok, maybe not. =P

CONGRATS Akamp!
You will LOVE it!
There are a few things.......one of the most important is: DRESS FOR THE WEATHER! If it's cold (which it usually is that time of year) it can be a miserable 3 hours if you don't wear the right clothes.
Also.......the seats are just metal bleacher seats. So spend the $5 each and rent the cushoned clip on seats that they rent to people on the way into Lambeau Field. WELL worth the 5 bucks.
If you have time, check out the Packer Hall of Fame, which is in the Lambeau Field Atrium.
Parking on the stadium grounds is only for those with the parking permits, so give yourself time to find a place to park before the game if you are driving.

Lambeau has bleacher seats?!

You'd think with the recent renovations they did to that thing they would've put real seats in there... Eh, I guess, it IS outdoors.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline IronMan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:34:56 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 75

First of all, congrats on your first trip to the Frozen Tundra. I will be attending this game as well. I had planned on going back this year if we made the playoffs, but since that seems unlikely, and I found a cheap ticket for the Lions game, I decided on that game instead.

That is really good advice from Cheesey. Also, get to Lambeau a little early, because they have sold out of the clip on seats before.

When are you getting there? If you can stay a few nights, check out the Larry McCarren show the Monday after the game. It is free on a first come, first served basis. They start seating people at 5:45 and the show starts at 6:30. Just show up to the Lambeau Field Atrium around 4:30 pm, get a bite to eat and a cold one at Curley's Pub, and head up to the Club Level(4th floor) to the Legends Room.

Also, if you are interested, Fuzzy Thurston's Titletown Tickets has a tailgate party that starts 3 hours prior to kick off, which includes all the beer, soda, coffee, hot chocolate, brats, cheeseburgers, and other goodies for $25. The food is inside the Resch Center, near Lambeau. There will be tables set up inside and out(no seating or restrooms inside. they do have portable restrooms outside)

For $45, you can get the VIP tailgate party, which has indoor restrooms and seating(second floor of the Resch Center), and an upgraded menu which includes grilled chicken and ribs, bloody marys, screwdrivers, as well as everything thats included in the standard tailgate.

As for bars around Lambeau, there are several. I like Champions Sports Bar. Its a newer sports bar, they have lots of tvs, and the food is really good and reasonably priced.

One last thing, do the stadium tour. They do not do tours on gamedays, but if you are going to stay a few nights, definitely take the opportunity to do the tour. The coolest part is walking through the players tunnel onto the field. It gives me goosebumps just talking about it.

UserPostedImage

Have fun, drink lots of beer, take lots of pictures, and GO PACK!
Offline Cheesey  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 7:34:39 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 396

Nice man. Enjoy it. Hope for your sake the Pack beat the Lions like they did on Sept. 14th.

Ok, maybe not. =P

CONGRATS Akamp!
You will LOVE it!

Lambeau has bleacher seats?!

You'd think with the recent renovations they did to that thing they would've put real seats in there... Eh, I guess, it IS outdoors.

I know.........honestly, i HATE the seats. It's not too bad in the fall when the weather is still nice, but come the cold, it's terrible. The amount they give you for your seat is maybe 18 inches. Now put everyone in heavy winter wear and see what happens. The Seattle playoff game last year, i had an aisle seat (which i like, in case i have to go to the bathroom i don't have to fught through 20 people to get to the aisle). Anyway.......i had one of the clipon seats, and STILL couldn't sit decently. The seat kept getting pushed half off. And i was next to a young REAL pretty woman. So i couldn't push her over to get more room.
Anyway......i wish they would have put in REAL seats too. Thats the ONLY thing i would change.
UserPostedImage
Offline vegOmatic  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:11:26 AM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Applause Received: 3

blank
Offline jdlax  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:27:56 AM(UTC)
jdlax

Have a great time Sean. I went to my first game last year, vs. the Raiders, and loved every second of it. I even got to meet the owner of this very website. :D
blank