Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
11 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:36:12 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,393
Applause Received: 1,664
A lot of times Appleton motels are booked by this time of the year. I usually stay at Oshkosh. It is only about 40 minutes or so depending on the traffic. (3 lanes each direction around the Appleton area and 2 lanes each direction the rest of the trip.)

I always park for free in the streets and walk in 10-15 blocks. Go to Stadium View's outdoor party and grab a brat and then head in.
If this is your 1st trip or you want to get more of the tailgate ambiance then I don't see why you couldn't park in one of the parking lots that are just a little closer to the stadium.
I can not imgaine any of the tailgaters both those in the Stadium parking lot and those who are doing their own thing at other locations not inviting you to join them esp since you are from across the county AND honeymooning it.

I have looked at the Sheboygan motels in the past. They are about the same as the ones in Appleton thru Oshkosh just a few less.

Congrats.
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:53:08 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Hey Veg you deserve some appreciation for your game day info.
+1
You too F4E for making your honeymoon trip to Mecca! Well done. My wife and I went to St Louis but we knew the team was going to open the season in Houston. that was alright. We caught the game on the tv and the venues weren't too crowded with the other fans.
Offline bigfog  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:13:40 PM(UTC)

" said: Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, I'm thinking about making the pilgrimage for our honeymoon.

LOL. I'm doing the same thing for my honeymoon. Going out to Green Bay when the Bears come to town. We've been to Green Bay before; last year we went to the Lions game, but this will be the first game we attend as man and wife.

Crazy, I wonder how many other people make Green Bay their honeymoon destination :icon_smile:

Buncha lightweights. People get MARRIED at Lambeau Field during the game!

I wanted to! But, the wife-to-be said no... :whipitgood:
Offline mkapp  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:00:45 AM(UTC)

Applause Received: 1
I let everyone at work know I was going to be on vacation. I said I would be making my inaugural pilgrimage to the Holy Land of Green Bay, WI.

They all rolled their eyes.
Offline wpr  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:49:28 AM(UTC)

Oh those of little faith.
Offline Yerko  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 8:00:59 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 366
Hey guys, so after the disappointing loss yesterday I was really down in the dumps. Losing 5 games by 4 points or less can really destroy someone, especially when you think your team is one of the better teams in the league.

Well, I figured what the hell...lets see how much Packers tix are going for now. I stumbled across 2 tix going for $65 in section 109 row 48.

I am going to my first Packers game at Lambeau Field ever and even though we are 5-8, I couldn't be more pumped!!!

I am going to the December 28th game of coarse...only remaining home game against the Lions...so I would like to say it is a gauranteed win...who knows.

Any suggestions from fellow Packers fans (what to go see, what to do, etc etc) upon my amazing trip to one of the most greatest and historical places in sports?

All information would be greatly appreciated.

-Sean
Offline Rockmolder  
#17 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 8:20:35 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Applause Given: 224
Applause Received: 355
Wow, I don't have any info, as I have never been there myself. Haven't even been to America for that matter :p.

Have fun though, I know what I would do, buy all kinds of crap in the Packers Shop and go to pretty much anything I could find inside that stadium. :p
Offline Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 8:43:40 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 612
Applause Received: 740
CONGRATS Akamp!
You will LOVE it!
There are a few things.......one of the most important is: DRESS FOR THE WEATHER! If it's cold (which it usually is that time of year) it can be a miserable 3 hours if you don't wear the right clothes.
Also.......the seats are just metal bleacher seats. So spend the $5 each and rent the cushoned clip on seats that they rent to people on the way into Lambeau Field. WELL worth the 5 bucks.
If you have time, check out the Packer Hall of Fame, which is in the Lambeau Field Atrium.
Bring LOTS of money to buy souvineers if you can.
Parking on the stadium grounds is only for those with the parking permits, so give yourself time to find a place to park before the game if you are driving.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! :thumbleft:
Offline vikesrule  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 9:30:24 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193
...only remaining home game against the Lions...so I would like to say it is a guaranteed win...who knows.

-Sean

This will be my new sig...come December 29th. ::razz:

Seriously, have a good time Sean.

But really, that will be my new sig....guaranteed :thumbleft:
Offline Formo  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 9:50:33 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
Nice man. Enjoy it. Hope for your sake the Pack beat the Lions like they did on Sept. 14th.

Ok, maybe not. =P

CONGRATS Akamp!
You will LOVE it!
There are a few things.......one of the most important is: DRESS FOR THE WEATHER! If it's cold (which it usually is that time of year) it can be a miserable 3 hours if you don't wear the right clothes.
Also.......the seats are just metal bleacher seats. So spend the $5 each and rent the cushoned clip on seats that they rent to people on the way into Lambeau Field. WELL worth the 5 bucks.
If you have time, check out the Packer Hall of Fame, which is in the Lambeau Field Atrium.
Bring LOTS of money to buy souvineers if you can.
Parking on the stadium grounds is only for those with the parking permits, so give yourself time to find a place to park before the game if you are driving.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! :thumbleft:

Lambeau has bleacher seats?!

You'd think with the recent renovations they did to that thing they would've put real seats in there... Eh, I guess, it IS outdoors.
Rss Feed