Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MontanaBob  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 4:04:28 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 56

Well folks, I have posted in the past about forest fires keeping us on edge, and this year it is worse than ever. No measurable rain since late June, and temperatures in the 90's to 100's which has kept us on edge for a long time.

A huge fire over in Idaho, in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness area has kept us under a smoke alert sine mid July. Now, the fires have combined together and we have a Stage 3 Air alert here and fire warnings for all areas East of the Bitterroot Mtns. ......which is us.

So, yesterday we find out that the fires are only 20 miles from us. Yipeee...the wind is blowing in our direction, so we are going up to our cabin over near Helena. Got the roof sprinklers on and lets see what happens.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Sponsor
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 4:34:14 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,934
Applause Received: 1,416

good luck.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 4:37:56 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 652
Applause Received: 1,341

Damn Bob, that sucks! Keep us posted, and good luck.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 4:38:42 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 406

Originally Posted by: MontanaBob Go to Quoted Post
Well folks, I have posted in the past about forest fires keeping us on edge, and this year it is worse than ever. No measurable rain since late June, and temperatures in the 90's to 100's which has kept us on edge for a long time.

A huge fire over in Idaho, in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness area has kept us under a smoke alert sine mid July. Now, the fires have combined together and we have a Stage 3 Air alert here and fire warnings for all areas East of the Bitterroot Mtns. ......which is us.

So, yesterday we find out that the fires are only 20 miles from us. Yipeee...the wind is blowing in our direction, so we are going up to our cabin over near Helena. Got the roof sprinklers on and lets see what happens.

We'd make good friends. I believe I'm just as whack as you, but unfortunately am not in a position geographically / life circumstance to have anything to write about.
I'll work on my wife so's we can put ourselves in peril as you do, lol

You da man, love all your stories !

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline MontanaBob  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 5:28:39 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Dfosterf and all others...thanks for your concerns. We have the Russian Jets (aka AEb6E Jets) flying air tanker strikes on the fires so we are in good hands. I guess the Russians are friends, aren't they? These are huge cargo jets that can fly slow and low and hold 2-3 times the retardant that the old P2-V planes can hold. One just went over our house about 3 minutes ago...an awsome sight to see. Whole damn mountain shook.

We set up our roof sprinklers yesterday and they are on a 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off cycle until this gets over. Which most likely will have to be a season ending snowstorm. And hopefully that will be in the next 2 weeks.

Living in Western Montana is wonderful....you have to be completely out of your mind to put up with this for 38 years. 10 feet of snow in winter and fires in summer. How much better can it get?

Planned to go to the cabin with Randy and Debbie, but there are fires over there, so sh*t, we will sit tight and watch reruns of LaVerne and Shirley until the fires consume us.
Offline vikesrule  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 5:52:55 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
We'd make good friends. I believe I'm just as whack as you....

No need to insult Bob....no one is as whacked as you are foster.

Bob, my thoughts are with you my friend.
I work closely with some HP engineers located in Boise, ID. They have been telling about all the fires/smoke out there this year...not good.

Stay safe my amigo and keep your family close...I'll be thinking of you and yours .

Offline porky88  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 6:23:53 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 188
Applause Received: 372

Bob, I hope they get the fire under control soon. Sucks that you have to put with this on your weekend.
Offline dfosterf  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 8:58:27 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 406

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
No need to insult Bob....no one is as whacked as you are foster.

Bob, my thoughts are with you my friend.
I work closely with some HP engineers located in Boise, ID. They have been telling about all the fires/smoke out there this year...not good.

Stay safe my amigo and keep your family close...I'll be thinking of you and yours .

You are such a dick-wad, yet funny at the same time. I have to like that, even though you can still kma. Angel
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Since69  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 4:19:07 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

Good luck, Bob!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 4:46:24 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 652
Applause Received: 1,341

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
You are such a dick-wad, yet funny at the same time. I have to like that, even though you can still kma. Angel

Get a room. We do not train to be merciful here. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy.

Bob, you're not weird to live where you do. Personally, I much rather put up with challenging elements of nature thnt living in a so called Paradise littered with a sea of people. The first thing a Californian notices about the Northern Plains is the skies (sunsets and sunrises). We get that simple pleasure every day and city dwellers can't even see the skies.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 7:37:03 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Get a room. We do not train to be merciful here. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy.

Bob, you're not weird to live where you do. Personally, I much rather put up with challenging elements of nature thnt living in a so called Paradise littered with a sea of people. The first thing a Californian notices about the Northern Plains is the skies (sunsets and sunrises). We get that simple pleasure every day and city dwellers can't even see the skies.

Yeah, no sh*t. I loved Montana's and Idaho's skies too. Would be nice if 30 million Californians suddenly got abducted by aliens or eaten by zombies, but so far, it hasn't happened yet.

In a few decades, Montana and Idaho will be overrun with millions of people as well. This world is overpopulated and people will migrate to the few nice places yet.

I think North Dakota will be last. Geez, you have to get PAID to move to ND. Literally.

Bob - you and yours will be in our prayers. Wishing you best.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline 4PackGirl  
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 10:03:29 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 153
Applause Received: 124

adding you & yours to my prayers, bob.
wish we could send you some of the remnants of isaac we're getting here in illinois.
keep us updated when you can!
UserPostedImage
Offline MontanaBob  
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 10:31:33 AM(UTC)
MontanaBob

What's that old nautical saying...."Red skies in morning; Sailors take warning. Red skies at night; Sailors delight."

Hell, what about red skies all day and night? Even the noon sun is orange. The smoke is really bad today. The Griz football team opens today against South Dakota here in Missoula. 27,000 people sitting in the stadium and not being able to see the plays. Someone said the Griz are going to wear light gray smoke colored uniforms so South Dakota can't see them.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 9/1/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 12:07:21 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,934
Applause Received: 1,416

Bob just think of the "Fog Bowl" that Phil and Chicago played in back in 1988.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Packerchick  
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 1:33:48 PM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 600
Applause Received: 27

Stay safe Bob, my best to you and yours also.
I am a woman and I love football.