Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline blueleopard  
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 6:07:12 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

Fire this guy. Fire that guy.

Who the hell do you replace one of the most respected defensive coaches in the NFL with? Go ahead and feed us some Bill Cowher bullshit.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Packerchick on 9/9/2012(UTC)
Offline agopackgo4  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 6:11:49 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

Its really concerning to me...Just the fact that this defense looks exactly the same as last year. It was obviously terrible last season. But the pass defense (more than anything) is what is concerning. WR's wide open constantly. I don't understand how that can not improve. I don't care about what the Packers gave up in the run today. But Alex Smith rolling through the Packers D like he's Tom Brady concerns me. Because thats exactly what happened with bad QB's last year.
Offline Pack93z  
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 6:41:48 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

Originally Posted by: agopackgo4 Go to Quoted Post
Its really concerning to me...Just the fact that this defense looks exactly the same as last year. It was obviously terrible last season. But the pass defense (more than anything) is what is concerning. WR's wide open constantly. I don't understand how that can not improve. I don't care about what the Packers gave up in the run today. But Alex Smith rolling through the Packers D like he's Tom Brady concerns me. Because thats exactly what happened with bad QB's last year.

The Packers were desperately trying to avoid the big plays over the top.. IMO, trying to protect the safeties. They gave up way to much cushion.. the days of the pressure coverage in GB is over for now.. and that tells me they don't trust the help over the top. Moss had them scared just being on the field. (BTW, Moss did everything but faint to avoid contact today... if I see that tape, I come up and stick him with a jamb every snap.)

I am really starting to think there is a weak link back there.. and I don't think it was Peprah.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 6:42:22 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

Originally Posted by: agopackgo4 Go to Quoted Post

Covering Micheal Crabtree with a converted defensive end? Really?

That's right up there with moving Darryn Colledge out to LT against Jared Allen, Colledge's rookie year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline tromadz  
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 7:42:38 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
Fire this guy. Fire that guy.

Who the hell do you replace one of the most respected defensive coaches in the NFL with? Go ahead and feed us some Bill Cowher bullshit.

Anyone who doesn't put a converted LB on Michael Crabtree.

I think someone hit Capers with the Lombardi trophy and gave him brain damage.
nerdmann on 9/9/2012(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 8:11:07 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Sweet Jesus, who are you going to replace him with? What is changing the scheme mid-season going to do for production? When you have Jarrett Bush as your #2 corner, what miracle worker is going to turn the Packers D into a top 15 defense?

I'm glad I started out by envoking the lord's name, because I'm pretty sure he's the only person that could get the kind of production people are expecting out of the talent we have on the field. When House gets back, we'll be better. Until then, don't expect an amazing defense no matter who's coaching them.
UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 8:50:34 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,048
Applause Received: 514

Originally Posted by: tromadz Go to Quoted Post
Anyone who doesn't put a converted LB on Michael Crabtree.

I think someone hit Capers with the Lombardi trophy and gave him brain damage.

I, too, was amazed at how badly the Packers were out coached and the mismatches the 49'ers were able to exploit. Why the hell was Tramon Williams on the freakin' full back and Perry on the WR (or was it a tight end?). Things like that simply shouldn't happen, and yet they happened often. Hopefully this coaching staff is embarrassed, because they should be. Let's hope they actually do something about it, though.

nerdmann on 9/9/2012(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 9:38:53 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I think if one looks at the defensive collapse and Burnett being on the field.. they are almost consistent... not blaming it on Burnett mind you.. but he has been on the field almost throughout the collapse filled with communication lapses. Coincidence?

He went down in 2010 and that defense improved. Think

Why won't people give credit to Nick Collins and his value to the secondary? No Collins no communication. BTW it was good seeing him as the honorary captain today for thr Packers.

Message modified by user Monday, September 10, 2012 4:54:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: give, not five, damn phone autocorrect

UserPostedImage
Offline blueleopard  
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 10:08:18 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Why won't people five credit to Nick Collins and his value to the secondary? No Collins no communication. BTW it was good seeing him as the honorary captain today for thr Packers.

I miss Nick Collins. Sure tackler and he was the fastest player on the field and after allowing big plays he'd instantly tackle them, or at least catch up and tackle whoever he had to tackle.

Last year's biggest problem was with tackling.

This year it really looks like not being able to adjust the scheme. Sure, we're only at one game, but when Capers first installed the defense we still had some 4-3 and bump and run. Now the defense is a fully fledged 3-4, it's become way too predictable.

Capers isn't mixing it up enough. Last year's SF defense had Aldon Smith with his hand on the ground and from an upright position, and I don't see why he's not using Nick Perry in such a way. Tramon Williams and Charles Woodson, and arguably even Jarrett Bush, were serviceable corners in man coverage, so I don't see why he's not playing to their strengths.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Online Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 6:14:53 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

When I watched the recorded game, I thought I seen a lot more pressure on the QB than in 2011. Does anyone have the sack totals and hurries and pressures and all that jizzy stuff?
UserPostedImage
Offline LambeauEast  
#26 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 6:22:34 AM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
When I watched the recorded game, I thought I seen a lot more pressure on the QB than in 2011. Does anyone have the sack totals and hurries and pressures and all that jizzy stuff?

4 sacks. Clay with 2.5 and Woody with 1.5. That's all I have.

UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 6:36:19 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

49ers were only 2 of 9 on 3rd downs. Packers actually got more sacks than the 49ers. Packers with 4 and 49ers with 3. What really killed the Packers here was 5.8 yards per rush.

The Packers defense absolutely improved, but the 49ers rushing attack was too much for them to handle and it opened the door for their passing game.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 9/10/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 8:15:19 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

If our D finishes the season in the bottom half, no logical person can defend Dom. Either Dom goes or Mike McCarthy should polish his resume.

2 consecutive years of really bad performance is unacceptable.

It's only one game. But it was against one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL and we managed to make him look elite. If this is a sign of what's to come, we might want to consider firing Dom mid-season.

Unless of course, you're fine with mediocrity.

We have the best QB in the NFL and possibly the best OLB in the NFL. The team needs to start looking at places we can upgrade. I'm looking at 2 positions in the coaching staff that need an upgrade - DC and OL Coach.

But like I said, it's been only one game. If this continues though, Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy better get on the phone.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline nerdmann  
#29 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 8:27:19 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
If our D finishes the season in the bottom half, no logical person can defend Dom. Either Dom goes or Mike McCarthy should polish his resume.

2 consecutive years of really bad performance is unacceptable.

It's only one game. But it was against one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL and we managed to make him look elite. If this is a sign of what's to come, we might want to consider firing Dom mid-season.

Unless of course, you're fine with mediocrity.

We have the best QB in the NFL and possibly the best OLB in the NFL. The team needs to start looking at places we can upgrade. I'm looking at 2 positions in the coaching staff that need an upgrade - DC and OL Coach.

But like I said, it's been only one game. If this continues though, Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy better get on the phone.

Capers deserves a chance to turn it around. He's one week into that chance.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline zombieslayer  
#30 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 8:43:23 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Capers deserves a chance to turn it around. He's one week into that chance.

Oh, COMPLETELY agreed. By mid-season though, if this doesn't stop, he should be on probation. By the end of the year, if we don't have a top 50% D, he should be fired.

D still wins Championships. Even in the 2010s. In 2010, we had the #2 D. But Dom became predictable.

Kind of like a band. They put out 3 awesome albums and everything afterwards sucks. Dom may have run out of magic.

I REALLY HOPE I'm wrong. I loved Dom in 2010.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed