Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline macbob  
#41 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 3:07:01 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 300
Applause Received: 250

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
It will also require Dom Capers to stop being so predictable. The Niners figured out Capers early. Not acceptable.

Not completely a surprise, though. The 49ers D coordinator has been on teams with Capers 3 times (total of 11 years): NO (86-91), Carolina (95-98, as Capers D coordinator), and Houston (02-05, again as Capers D coordinator). If there's anybody out there who could predict Capers tendencies, it would be Vic Fangio.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rios39  
#42 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 3:09:57 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Both defenses run about the same scheme. Only different is the 9ers have the personnel and years of experienced players under the system. I don't think we are predictable at all TBH. The only thing is the zone coverage but that's more of us not having the ability to cover down the field aside from Tramon.
blank
Offline agopackgo4  
#43 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 3:18:09 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

It drives me crazy how they even line up. Talking to my buddy that was at the game yesterday said that the CB's are standing at the first down marker on 1st and 10 plays. Guys are wide open over the middle constantly...Imagine that. You don't even need to be a football genius to figure that one out
Offline Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 3:36:51 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,219

Originally Posted by: Rios39 Go to Quoted Post
Both defenses run about the same scheme. Only different is the 9ers have the personnel and years of experienced players under the system. I don't think we are predictable at all TBH. The only thing is the zone coverage but that's more of us not having the ability to cover down the field aside from Tramon.

Dom Capers has been with the Packers longer than the 49ers coaches have been with the 49ers.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline mkapp  
#45 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 5:05:23 PM(UTC)
mkapp

Applause Received: 1

Originally Posted by: agopackgo4 Go to Quoted Post
It drives me crazy how they even line up. Talking to my buddy that was at the game yesterday said that the CB's are standing at the first down marker on 1st and 10 plays. Guys are wide open over the middle constantly...Imagine that. You don't even need to be a football genius to figure that one out

Yep, we play too deep and give too much of a cushion. Either we cant play man anymore or there isnt much faith that the help over the top will be there. The contributing factor is the time opposing QBs have to find the soft spots. Still not happy with the pressure on QBs, but it WAS admittedly better than NY game.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#46 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 5:13:37 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,698
Applause Received: 661

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Not completely a surprise, though. The 49ers D coordinator has been on teams with Capers 3 times (total of 11 years): NO (86-91), Carolina (95-98, as Capers D coordinator), and Houston (02-05, again as Capers D coordinator). If there's anybody out there who could predict Capers tendencies, it would be Vic Fangio.

Too bad Capers can't figure out Fangio.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline zombieslayer  
#47 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 6:14:09 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Too bad Capers can't figure out Fangio.

Exactly. That means Fangio is smarter than Capers.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#48 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 6:58:39 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,219

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Exactly. That means Fangio is smarter than Capers.

I'd rather Capers focus on their OC, not their DC. It's too bad McCarthy and Clements couldn't figure out Fangio. I wonder if the Packers can trade next years 1st round pick for him.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Tezzy  
#49 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 7:40:40 PM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 28
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
What really killed the Packers here was 5.8 yards per rush.

Plays like giving up a 1st down to the run on 2nd and 15 the play after getting a sack. Those plays make me yell at the TV. And the TV is a dick and just takes the high road and never says anything back.

On top of every beard grows a man.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Zero2Cool on 9/10/2012(UTC), zombieslayer on 9/11/2012(UTC), gotarace on 9/12/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:29:03 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Tezzy Go to Quoted Post
Plays like giving up a 1st down to the run on 2nd and 15 the play after getting a sack. Those plays make me yell at the TV. And the TV is a dick and just takes the high road and never says anything back.

A sack SHOULD kill a drive. You have no idea how angry I got on that first down after getting that sack.

Capers in 2010 was mean and nasty. In 2011, he was passive and weak. The first game of 2012 looked just like 2011.

In 2010, a sack WOULD HAVE killed a drive.

It's like we got a completely different DC than we had in 2010. WTH?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed