Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:22:02 PM(UTC)
I feel it's fully functional now so we'll call it BETA for a couple weeks until all the bugs are worked out.

How to submit a pick using NFL Picks?
Click on the team you predict to win. You'll see your selection under "Pick" column confirming your selection has been stored. To change your selection, click the other team.

If you see something incorrect or fishy, please post it here.

If you have suggestions for making this a more efficient/pleasant experience, please post it here.

Things To Come??

Updated by user Sunday, April 24, 2016 6:43:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 8:51:53 AM(UTC)
This is an awesome idea, I've been doing this on another forum for 5 years now. The only difference is, we've had to manually keep score the whole time, automating it on this site is awesome. We have since moved on to using this site: http://saseliminator.com/ to keep track for us.

By the way, I made picks but when I go back to look at them nothing is there. I tried to figure out if that is still supposed to happen and the last thing I read makes me think I should be able to see them, is this correct?
Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 6:05:09 AM(UTC)
I'm really pleased with how this project has turned out. Unfortunately I had to remove everyone's picks after week 3. I didn't have the games sorted properly. Example, Sunday nights game was game 5 which is silly considering it's the 2nd to last game of the week so it should be game 15. Yeah, not a big deal, but it annoyed me ... it should be thursday game, noon games, late afternoon games, sunday game and monday night. Which is how it's laid out now for all weeks.

It's a work in progress, but again, I'm pleased with it.

Go ahead, make some more picks. Currently wpr is leading the way with 9 correct!
Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 1:04:11 PM(UTC)
One Suggestion that I might request.. the ability to view others picks after the games are through.. or even before them, but that might induce a certain degree of influence and maybe a touch of treachery in ones picks.
Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 1:31:24 PM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
One Suggestion that I might request.. the ability to view others picks after the games are through.. or even before them, but that might induce a certain degree of influence and maybe a touch of treachery in ones picks.

An option to view other members picks is an excellent addition. However, I would oppose being able to see who has picked who in future weeks. If Member A has a two game lead on Member B, they could simply match their picks making it impossible for Member B to win.

Edit, I've moved some posts to an archive thread.
Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:01:56 AM(UTC)
C'mon get your pick in for tonights game!!
wpr  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:16:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
C'mon get your pick in for tonights game!!

mine were done a long time ago. I did double check my picks.

Let's Go Stanford!!!
Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:42:54 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
mine were done a long time ago. I did double check my picks.

Let's Go Stanford!!!

I think Sunday I deleted all picks from week 4 and after. I didn't have the games sorted properly. The friggin Sunday night game was listed as game 5 or game 11 in some cases rather than game (second to last) 15. I know most probably don't care but I had to fix it before Shawn took advantage of my OCD!

The good news is you can check your picks so ...
Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:21:27 PM(UTC)
Get your picks in!

There was a little loop where you could cheat, but that's been taken care of. No one took advantage of it, luckily. :)
wpr  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:52:10 PM(UTC)
root root root for the home team if they don't win it's a shame. (except for the Packers game.)
Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 7:36:28 AM(UTC)
Another thing, even if you missed the first week (week 4), don't worry about jumping in late. We're going to have a Week by Week winner too. Once I find time to figure out how to code it in. :)
Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 9:17:07 AM(UTC)
Week by Week totals is completed and active on the beta site. When comfortable with it, I'll push it to the live site.

Viewing previous member picks is proving to be rather unpleasant.
Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:19:33 AM(UTC)
This is awesome! We have about 15 participants. Very cool! I hope more folks join in on this! The more data I get this season, the more statistical analysis I can have prepared for next season!
Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:53:50 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
This is awesome! We have about 15 participants. Very cool! I hope more folks join in on this! The more data I get this season, the more statistical analysis I can have prepared for next season!

I think a leader board by correct percentage would be cool as well with partial participants.

% = Correct picks / Total Picks by member.

People will miss weeks.. this would give some comparison aspect in picks made.

One potential problem, some people might cherry pick games that they feel confident in. So maybe a protection that they have to pick full weeks to participate?
gbguy20  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:25:35 AM(UTC)
Apparently my picks didn't go through this week...oh well. it was fun while it lasted
Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:25:48 AM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
I think a leader board by correct percentage would be cool as well with partial participants.

% = Correct picks / Total Picks by member.

People will miss weeks.. this would give some comparison aspect in picks made.

One potential problem, some people might cherry pick games that they feel confident in. So maybe a protection that they have to pick full weeks to participate?

On the beta site you can see who won each week. I think doing a percentage will give folks creativity on abusing it.

Do you think people would cherry pick certain weeks? I could see some saying "eh, too many close games this week, I'll pass".
Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:26:32 AM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Apparently my picks didn't go through this week...oh well. it was fun while it lasted

What were your picks?
Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:39:43 PM(UTC)
You can now check to see who had the most correct picks for each week.
macbob  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:37:36 PM(UTC)
Zero-

Not sure what's up, but when I first went in this week every game had a selection already. I made my picks, then came back today to change one, and the picks it showed me were NOT the ones I had made earlier in the week.

wpr  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:28:44 PM(UTC)
I picked mine a couple of weeks ago. Tweaked them a few days ago. They are still there.
Rss Feed