Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<12345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:05:16 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I'll take my Packers. Wanna Box?

The Niners may have already played their best football. The Packers on the other hand are still a work in progress team. Our D is starting to come together. We just need the O to click. It will come.

The WORST possible outcome for you to select.. you are an evil vile brother. lol.

I actually agree with you that we can beat them.. any team that steps up and beats them at the LOS can challenge them.. I just don't see many doing it. With the issues the Vikes had at the LOS I never expected them to hand it to the Niners.

But I still think there is only a handful of complete teams in the NFL... the Niners are one of them.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:23:24 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
The WORST possible outcome for you to select.. you are an evil vile brother. lol.

I actually agree with you that we can beat them.. any team that steps up and beats them at the LOS can challenge them.. I just don't see many doing it. With the issues the Vikes had at the LOS I never expected them to hand it to the Niners.

But I still think there is only a handful of complete teams in the NFL... the Niners are one of them.

So what are we betting?

I'm feeling good about the Packers, even after this "loss." The O is out of sync still, but that's something that can be fixed. I'm sure Mike McCarthy is working on it as we speak.

Now, I do agree with you that we need to run more. Our OL is worse than it was last year at pass blocking, but it's surprisingly good for run blocking. I saw Benson hitting real holes, which we didn't have last year. Let's start playing to our strengths.

The D was outstanding. The ONLY reason they were still in the game was the refs made bad call after bad call.

The Niners have already over-achieved. The other 31 teams are looking at the Vikings game and now have the blueprint to beat them.

Of course, the best possible thing to happen for me is the Packers to simply knock the Niners out of the Playoffs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Pack93z  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:27:22 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

So what are we betting?

Like I said.. you are a evil vile brother.. lol.

I cannot bet against the Packers... I think the loss last night is truly going to drive this team for the remainder of the season. They feel jobbed.. they will feed off that.

Plus I cannot bet against the Packers.. morally it is incorrect for me.

Pick any of the 30 remaining.. lol.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:32:51 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Like I said.. you are a evil vile brother.. lol.

I cannot bet against the Packers... I think the loss last night is truly going to drive this team for the remainder of the season. They feel jobbed.. they will feed off that.

Plus I cannot bet against the Packers.. morally it is incorrect for me.

Pick any of the 30 remaining.. lol.

Just a reminder of how you phrased it:

Pack93z wrote:
I will tell you what Zombie.. pick a team.. any team in the NFL besides the Niners.

I will take the Niners straight up against that team.. team that advances the farthest wins.

Sort of evening the odds of the wager a bit.

I will take the Niners.. you take any of the remaining teams to beat them.

Game?

So, am I truly evil, or just taking advantage of your poor word choices? Angel
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Pack93z  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:44:51 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

So, am I truly evil, or just taking advantage of your poor word choices? Angel

No you are evil for playing my pathetic choice of phrasing against myself.. lol.

No disagreement... I lay the blame upon myself.

I bought into your doom and gloom statements about the Packers this season, and did not properly protect myself. lol.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:57:50 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

No you are evil for playing my pathetic choice of phrasing against myself.. lol.

No disagreement... I lay the blame upon myself.

I bought into your doom and gloom statements about the Packers this season, and did not properly protect myself. lol.

How many years have you known me? I am overemotional. Always have been. Always will be. My highs are higher than anyone else's highs and my lows are lower than anyone else's lows. So overreaction is my norm.

Thus, I give VR plenty of ammo. I don't mind though because I'd rather be real and unfiltered than guarded and boring.

The Packers lost to a team they should have easily beaten in game 1. They couldn't do anything right. The D looked lost. The O couldn't get off the ground. The D corrected itself in game 2 and game 3 and the ONLY reason the D wasn't elite in game 3 was because the refs called one bad call after another on the last drive. It shouldn't have even come down to that last play.

So, do I want to be fair to you? Yes.

I'll even give you two teams, once in each conference. The Falcons or the Texans. You could pick which one. I liked the Texans last year and thought that with a little bit of improvement, they can be an elite team. The Falcons have an absolutely SICK D. First time in Philip Rivers' career he was held to 3 points. Yes, first time in his entire career. And you know how I feel about elite Ds.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:15:00 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

I'll even give you two teams, once in each conference. The Falcons or the Texans. You could pick which one. I liked the Texans last year and thought that with a little bit of improvement, they can be an elite team. The Falcons have an absolutely SICK D. First time in Philip Rivers' career he was held to 3 points. Yes, first time in his entire career. And you know how I feel about elite Ds.

Pick either.. doesn't matter.

Personally, I think you are overrating the Falcons defense. But pick either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/2/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:38:16 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Pick either.. doesn't matter.

Personally, I think you are overrating the Falcons defense. But pick either.

Alrighty. I'll pick the Texans because they're one of those teams that nobody knew about a few years ago.

Plus, unknown to most people, Matt Schaub is #9 in all-time passer rating. That of course would make him the 9th best QB of all-time, and we all know how much you love QBs. Sarcasm

I kid. The true reason is the Texans' D is for real. The Falcons D is really good, but I don't rate them as elite.

Oh, what are we betting?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:52:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Mario Williams apparently wasn't being missed by the Texans after all.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:24:50 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Several things I like about the Texans:
1) On D, they don't allow many pts. That's the first sign of an elite D.

2) They get sacks. You've all heard me rant about the importance of sacks. I've said it before and I'll say it again - the #1 difference between the 2010 SB winning team and the one and done 2011 team was in 2011, we couldn't get sacks.

3) They got 2 guys who got pick 6s. When we won the SB, that was one of our fortes.

4) On O, they can score when they have to.

5) On O, they don't turn the ball over.

Signs of a solid, well-coached team. Gary Kubiak has been their coach since the team's existence. Besides 2010, his teams have been getting better every year. Wade Phillips has a lot of experience as a DC. There's a decent chance that this could be their year.

So again, what are betting? (Geez, Pack93z is almost becoming as aloof as Vikesrule).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:46:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

I must say you use "Elite" way too often and too easily. You're probably one of "those" guys who flippantly says "hall of famer" while watching a NFL player on the field too! I know your type!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:34:06 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

So again, what are betting? (Geez, Pack93z is almost becoming as aloof as Vikesrule).

Aloof.. piss up a rope. lol. Busy today.. yes.

Terms of the wager.. Whom goes further, since we have teams in opposite league and if they both exit on the same weekend of the playoffs, shall we use margin of loss as the tie Breaker?

Example they both lose in the championship round.

Ravens 17 Texans 13 = 4

Packers 24 Niners 9 = 15

You would win since they lost by less.

Fair enough.

Wager.. What do you feel like losing? Big Grin

I would like it to be a friendly wager.. Nothing earth shattering or anything.. but enough to sting a bit.

{Side note... I need to send out a graduation package out}

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:06:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 3:23:33 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

UserPostedImage

Careful 93z..
..zombieslayer is known to go into one his own versions of reality, ala Christopher Walken.

One must 'splain things in great detail and yes, using pictures and graphs when dealing with ZS does help.
Offline zombieslayer  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 3:31:14 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Terms of the wager.. Whom goes further, since we have teams in opposite league and if they both exit on the same weekend of the playoffs, shall we use margin of loss as the tie Breaker?

Example they both lose in the championship round.

Ravens 17 Texans 13 = 4

Packers 24 Niners 9 = 15

You would win since they lost by less.

Fair enough.

I would like it to be a friendly wager.. Nothing earth shattering or anything.. but enough to string a bit.

{Side note... I need to send out a graduation package out}

Terms sound good.

Assuming you don't have the funds of someone who has worked many years longer than you have like Vikesrule, let's make it really simple - if I win, you have to buy me and mail me a Texans shot glass or beer mug. If I win, you get a Niners shot glass or beer mug.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:11:32 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Assuming you don't have the funds of someone who has worked many years longer than you have like Vikesrule, let's make it really simple - if I win, you have to buy me and mail me a Texans shot glass or beer mug. If I win, you get a Niners shot glass or beer mug.

Oh, I was more worried about you and your job situation.

And I really don't want anything Niners.. lol.

Lets do something Packers related from the Pro Shop.. $50 Cap. Fair?

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed