You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<34567>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online wpr  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:07:56 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,392
Applause Received: 1,187

Originally Posted by: stevegb Go to Quoted Post
It would be pretty funny to see them all called back to replay the last 10 seconds of the game.

why? GB won it already. just because the refs blew the call doesn't mean Seattle gets a do over like a 5th grader.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline stevegb  
#62 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:15:12 AM(UTC)
stevegb

Applause Given: 9
Applause Received: 4

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
why? GB won it already. just because the refs blew the call doesn't mean Seattle gets a do over like a 5th grader.

We'll I'd prefer replay 1 play than have the L.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:18:20 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 931

Originally Posted by: TwinkieGorilla Go to Quoted Post
I'm officially on football-watching strike until the ref strike is over. This is fucking ridiculous.

Want change.. this is how you control change. IMO, should have been done prior to the player lockout and new CBA.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:32:52 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,392
Applause Received: 1,187

Originally Posted by: stevegb Go to Quoted Post
We'll I'd prefer replay 1 play than have the L.

Instead of flying 4 hours each way, an hour to get suited up and then stretch, the possibility of injury, the time that Seattle would have to prepare for the one play, I think Mike McCarthy would take the loss.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline stevegb  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:36:14 AM(UTC)
stevegb

Applause Given: 9
Applause Received: 4

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Instead of flying 4 hours each way, an hour to get suited up and then stretch, the possibility of injury, the time that Seattle would have to prepare for the one play, I think Mike McCarthy would take the loss.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing it at the end of the season and a game out of the top 6 for the conference. It would remind me of the time in the NBA where (I can't specifically remember when or what happened) but they replayed the last 5 mins of a heat game if I'm not mistaken due to shaq getting wrongfully ejected.
blank
Offline yooperfan  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:03:02 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 476
Applause Received: 225

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Want change.. this is how you control change. IMO, should have been done prior to the player lockout and new CBA.

With the exception of Packers games I'm done with NFL football even after the owners lockout is broken (if it ever is).
The owners by going down this road has made their product unwatchable.

Offline Rockmolder  
#67 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:05:08 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Applause Given: 143
Applause Received: 215

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Packerchick on 9/25/2012(UTC), wpr on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:16:03 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
With the exception of Packers games I'm done with NFL football even after the owners lockout is broken (if it ever is).
The owners by going down this road has made their product unwatchable.

I'll continue watching the Packers. But I had real $$$ to spend on jerseys this year. I'm going to take a picture of the $$$ and let the NFL know that I'll be giving it to one lucky waiter or waitress or bartender as a tip instead. It will be at a place that is NOT showing an NFL game.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Packerchick on 9/25/2012(UTC), play2win on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Online Wade  
#69 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:48:07 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 559
Applause Received: 583

According to the NFL press release, possession IS reviewable if it is in the end zone, but not if it is in the rest of the field of play.

And according to same, the reason for no reversal was "a lack of indisputable evidence." Let's be honest, how many times have we seen the regular refs weasel out of something using that same phrase.

I think the Packers got hosed (though I'm more bothered by the Walden roughing and the Shields/Rice interference calls than the TD/interception/no-interference call). But I just think people are acting as if the regular refs never make such egregious mistakes. Which is silly. Heck, I can virtually guarantee that the Triplett or Hochuli crews are going to have major screw-ups in any Packer game they do.

And lets not forget that the reason Seattle was in position to make that last play is how many times the Packers rushed just three players on that last possession.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Porforis  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:52:22 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
According to the NFL press release, possession IS reviewable if it is in the end zone, but not if it is in the rest of the field of play.

And according to same, the reason for no reversal was "a lack of indisputable evidence." Let's be honest, how many times have we seen the regular refs weasel out of something using that same phrase.

I think the Packers got hosed (though I'm more bothered by the Walden roughing and the Shields/Rice interference calls than the TD/interception/no-interference call). But I just think people are acting as if the regular refs never make such egregious mistakes. Which is silly. Heck, I can virtually guarantee that the Triplett or Hochuli crews are going to have major screw-ups in any Packer game they do.

And lets not forget that the reason Seattle was in position to make that last play is how many times the Packers rushed just three players on that last possession.

What we don't get with the regular officials is this debacle as a whole. We might get one or two terrible penalties, OR a blatant missed call like this that screws us, but all three? And the communication issues, and a screwup on the review? I don't like that the media is focusing on the final play, because it doesn't really examine what made the last 3 minutes or so horrifically terrible.
UserPostedImage
Wade on 9/25/2012(UTC), wpr on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:12:16 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

Say what you want about the three man rush, but the fact is IT WORKED.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DarkaneRules  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:47:42 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 132
Applause Received: 197

They were in position because Tate pushed off with both hands square in the back. I was actually laughing at that point to be honest. I have a very cynical attitude about all this.
Offline nerdmann  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:54:00 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline GermanGilbert  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:56:10 AM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 70

Call it maybe

Don't get it done to embed the video Whistle
blank
Offline Packerchick  
#75 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:09:08 AM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 590
Applause Received: 25

Maybe these guys should be on the campaign trail running for public office, Obama and Romney are both looking better than the refs right now.
I am a woman and I love football.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 9/25/2012(UTC)