You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:29:55 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,784

Want to Chat Packers? Click GameDay Chat!

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 1 - 2 )
  • Total Offense = 25th
  • Passing Offense = 20th
  • Rushing Offense = 28th

• Total Defense = 3rd
  • Passing Defense = 1st
  • Rushing Defense = 26th

• Points For = 19.0 (26th)
  • Points Against = 18.0 (8th)

UserPostedImage
New Orleans Saints ( 0 - 3 )
  • Total Offense = 10th
  • Passing Offense = 5th
  • Rushing Offense = 22nd

• Total Defense = 32nd
  • Passing Defense = 25th
  • Rushing Defense = 32nd

• Points For = 27.7 (9th)
  • Points Against = 34.0 (30th)

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:51:02 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,393
Applause Received: 1,187

meh.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline dhazer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:22:03 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 170

I seen Brees was complaining about the refs and now we got screwed, so this Sunday I say both teams boycott the game and go out there like they are going to play. Line up for the kickoff and then both teams walk to midfield shake hands and walk off the field.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Offline go.pack.go.  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:37:13 AM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I seen Brees was complaining about the refs and now we got screwed, so this Sunday I say both teams boycott the game and go out there like they are going to play. Line up for the kickoff and then both teams walk to midfield shake hands and walk off the field.

That'd be pretty interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. I wonder how the NFL would handle that?
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline PackerTraxx  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:04:09 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

They'd make a lot of money by fining and/or suspending all the players and coaches for that game...or should I say non-game. I wouldn't mind seeing that though. Now if all the team or at least the majority would do that it would really be interesting.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:44:42 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,784

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post

I was just telling the guys at work the Packer should kick off the ball, let it go 10+ yards and let the clock run out. Then play the 2nd quarter. And to open the 3rd quarter, do the same thing as the first. Then play the 4th quarter.

This will piss off the NFL big time because of their commercial sponsor time being lost.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline play2win  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:51:48 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 841
Applause Received: 547

I'll be there watching this one Sunday. Wow. I'm still in shock from Monday. Wow. Thinking of boycotting, and burning my tickets... and all of my NFL shit. I want to buy a big NFL shield, take it to the tailgate, drop it on the pavement and charge people $5 each to piss on it, then donate that to a charity.

I've never been more pissed off at this league and Roger Goodell. Unbelievable.
Offline olds70supreme  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:45:32 PM(UTC)
olds70supreme

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 35

I'm glad to see this post up. Everybody and their mother (including me and mine) are pissed about what happened but there is no way in hell the end result will change. This will still be a loss no matter how much we bitch and moan. It would behoove the team to move on from this in order to prepare for the Saints, who are 0-3 and will be desperate for a win. On the flip side I would think a savvy coaching staff would be able to focus on preparation while still tapping into the passion/anger/resentment felt by the players in order to inspire them to play with intensity.

After seeing the way the team played in the Seattle game I feel a lot better about the Saints game. The team as a whole played very well. In my opinion only poor playcalling in the 1rst half by McCarthy and poor decision making by Rodgers (hanging onto the ball way too long and taking sacks) were what kept Seattle in the game. Instead of being an entire unit (defense, defensive line, offensive line, etc...), the main problems came from two individuals. This leads me to believe that the problems will be more easily rectified in time for the Saints game. I'm thinking that McCarthy and Rodgers will both have a much better game this time around.
blank
Offline schroeder84  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:51:09 PM(UTC)
schroeder84

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 8

Well, hope you guys have fun watching the game. I won't be watching. I won't be buying, and the sponsors of the league, nope not buying anything from them either.

I'm not worried about the Saints game anymore - this season has an asterix already due to the officiating problems.
Offline porky88  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:20:20 PM(UTC)
porky88

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 284

I'm interested in how the officials handle Lambeau's crowd. It's usually a family friendly environment at a Packer game. Many Chicago fans even agree. However, I expect a hostile crowd. Probably the worst crowd since Brett Favre returned in '09, maybe even worse. I wonder if the officials curry favor with the Packers and let things slide. I wouldn't be comfortable about this if I was a Saint fan, but they have problems of their own.

As for the game itself, well you have to run the ball. The Saints are terrible at stopping the run and the Packers are better on third and medium than third and long or third and short. On first and 10, line up in a power I set and pound the ball with Benson. I hope he and Randall Cobb combine for 20-25 touches. I think the play action passing begins to take center stage. I expect Jordy Nelson to have a big game.
Offline Yerko  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:15:51 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 108
Applause Received: 197

Pending the deal between the real officials and the NFL happening right now, not sure what kind of game is going to happen on Sunday. Two teams coming into this game that were hosed by these replacements (Packers obviously worse off than the Saints) and looking for a win.

I love seeing that defensive rank. Defense has been something else since week 1. Hayward, McMillian, Worthy and Perry have been doing great work lately. The rookie DBs were being praised on Monday night...

Offensive game plan needs to change and I see that happening because among all the garbage that occurred Monday night, McCarthy openly blamed himself for the offensive problems and not changing the game plan sooner. I think we see an overall better Packers team regardless of what refs take the field. Stealing a win from a team is bad...

Packers- 24
Saints- 14
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:34:40 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: G-Force Go to Quoted Post
Pending the deal between the real officials and the NFL happening right now, not sure what kind of game is going to happen on Sunday. Two teams coming into this game that were hosed by these replacements (Packers obviously worse off than the Saints) and looking for a win.

I love seeing that defensive rank. Defense has been something else since week 1. Hayward, McMillian, Worthy and Perry have been doing great work lately. The rookie DBs were being praised on Monday night...

Offensive game plan needs to change and I see that happening because among all the garbage that occurred Monday night, McCarthy openly blamed himself for the offensive problems and not changing the game plan sooner. I think we see an overall better Packers team regardless of what refs take the field. Stealing a win from a team is bad...

Packers- 24
Saints- 14

Arguably the Saints are getting hosed by the league far more greatly than the Packers.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline GermanGilbert  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:41:36 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 70

I really hope the Defense keep up playing like the last 2 games. However, 2 of the major concerns of all last season weren't attacked by Chicago and Seattle. These are covering Tight Ends and defending screens/check downs to the RB. Facing Jimmy Graham (obviously one of the top 3 TE in the league) and Darren Sproles (obviously one of the top 3 receiving backs in the league) will be a big challenge for this defense. If they hold up against those guys, I'll consider this defense for real.
blank
Offline Yerko  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:44:30 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 108
Applause Received: 197

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Arguably the Saints are getting hosed by the league far more greatly than the Packers.

I haven't watched anything other than some of the Chiefs games (in which 3/4's of my attention was on my 4 month old). What else has happened to them? Worse than deciding a game?
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:38:28 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: G-Force Go to Quoted Post
I haven't watched anything other than some of the Chiefs games (in which 3/4's of my attention was on my 4 month old). What else has happened to them? Worse than deciding a game?

A bunch of their guys, including their head coach got suspended.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”