Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:15:57 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
Call it maybe

Don't get it done to embed the video Whistle

Here you go.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:19:14 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Packerchick Go to Quoted Post
Maybe these guys should be on the campaign trail running for public office, Obama and Romney are both looking better than the refs right now.

Yeah really. As bad as I think Obama and Romney are, these guys are worse at what they do. I didn't think it was possible.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline go.pack.go.  
#78 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:25:20 AM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

Golden Tate's reaction really pisses me off...he said he didn't even push Sam Shields off of him. Seeing him say it with a straight face on national TV made me want to punch him right then and there. Pete Carroll was asking for a fist to the face as well...
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 9/25/2012(UTC), zombieslayer on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:36:33 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 2 applause.
porky88 on 9/25/2012(UTC), mi_keys on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:09:13 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Rocky this one goes along with your post.

UserPostedImage

edit- oops rocky's post is in another thread. oh well it the the ref's fault for this too.
UserPostedImage

Offline play2win  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:21:57 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Since69 Go to Quoted Post
Applause. Even while I was screaming at the TV I was thinking, "Ya know... if we'd called more than three running plays in the first half this play probably wouldn't matter at all."

True. McCarthy called an incredibly bad first half. Horrible play calling on O. Horrible.
Offline play2win  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:25:02 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. Go to Quoted Post
Golden Tate's reaction really pisses me off...he said he didn't even push Sam Shields off of him. Seeing him say it with a straight face on national TV made me want to punch him right then and there. Pete Carroll was asking for a fist to the face as well...

Absolutely. You can throw Russell Wilson's dumbass rookie comments in there as well as far as I am concerned. Complete fucking bullshit.
Offline play2win  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:34:13 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/unfairacts

Roger Goodell is a spineless pussy. He is the Commissioner. He could have taken control, made an unprecedented move by overruling the officals and awarding the game win to GB. Just because it has never been done before doesn't mean it isn't the right thing to do.

Again, Roger Goodell is a spineless pussy.
Offline porky88  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:47:42 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

I went to bed thinking replay couldn't overturn the call and I wake up to find that simultaneous possession is reviewable when it's ruled in the end zone. What the hell? That's not indisputable evidence. Everybody knew what happened. Just fix the mistake. They're cowards. They didn't want to change the ruling on the field because the game was in Seattle. That and official No. 26 had Seattle covering the spread. Suicide
Offline Zero2Cool  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:53:07 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I went to bed thinking replay couldn't overturn the call and I wake up to find that simultaneous possession is reviewable when it's ruled in the end zone. What the hell? That's not indisputable evidence. Everybody knew what happened. Just fix the mistake. They're cowards. They didn't want to change the ruling on the field because the game was in Seattle. That and official No. 26 had Seattle covering the spread. Suicide

I think is the most upset I've ever seen Matt, lol. Get'em!!
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Blitz  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:04:27 PM(UTC)
Blitz

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 16

UserPostedImage
blank
Offline macbob  
#87 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:21:27 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 252

I don't normallly read Mike Silver, so I don't know how full of sh*t he is. He's got some stuff in the article comparing the integrity of the NFL to the integrity of boxing, which is ridiculous. But for what it's worth, here's what he had to say about Marshawn Lynch after the game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/...l-play-monday-night.html

Michael Silver wrote:
Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch stunned at replay of controversial final play Monday night

SEATTLE – Several hours after the completion of one of the more memorable games in Monday Night Football history, Marshawn Lynch was sitting in a private room in the back of the Metropolitan Grill, celebrating a thrilling, last-second victory with friends and family members over big steaks and fat lobsters.

Then, with the flick of a remote control, Big Brother appeared and left a rancid taste in the Seattle Seahawks halfback's mouth.

A waitress pointed the remote at the large mirror on the wall behind Lynch, and it suddenly morphed into an enormous, high-definition television screen. Within seconds, Lynch craned his neck and joined his dining companions in viewing a replay of rookie quarterback Russell Wilson's 24-yard touchdown pass to wideout Golden Tate, giving the Seahawks a 14-12 triumph as time expired and sending 68,218 fans at CenturyLink Field into hysterics.

As Lynch watched Packers safety M.D. Jennings snatch the pass out of the sky and pull it to his chest while Tate, who had blatantly pushed off against Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields, belatedly latched on one arm at a time, the running back's eyes grew big and his jaw dropped low. The room was dead silent as the realization gripped Lynch and his companions: Like most of the viewing public, they now understood that the Seahawks had received an extraordinary gift from the replacement officials.

"We didn't win that game," someone at the table said, and nobody made a peep to challenge him.

By the time Lynch left the restaurant early Tuesday morning and, while waiting for his ride to arrive, reassured a group of Packers fans on Second Avenue almost apologetically that their team would bounce back from this bitter defeat, it was clear the league's already problematic officiating lockout had reached critical mass...

...Of this much I am certain: As Lynch, his grandmother and several friends and business associates left that downtown Seattle steakhouse early Tuesday morning, they seemed a bit less exultant about the victory over the Packers than they had before that mirror became a TV screen, allowing them to see a sobering replay of the faux touchdown that rocked the football world.

"It's not like we did anything wrong," Lynch said, shaking his head, as he stood on Second Avenue. "We have nothing to apologize for."

He's right – the Seahawks don't. The owners do, however, and so does Goodell. And as long as this increasingly reckless lockout lasts, any after-the-fact apologies will seem as hollow as the football that Jennings pulled to his chest.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
porky88 on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Offline Since69  
#88 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:15:54 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 83

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
I don't normallly read Mike Silver, so I don't know how full of sh*t he is. He's got some stuff in the article comparing the integrity of the NFL to the integrity of boxing, which is ridiculous. But for what it's worth, here's what he had to say about Marshawn Lynch after the game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/...l-play-monday-night.html

I like Michael Silver, but I disagree with where he's laying the blame in the last paragraph. IMO it's the refs who are at fault, not the owners. They get paid a helluva lot of money ($100K/yr, minimum) for doing a part-time job. Is it a tough job? Sure it is, but that doesn't mean you can hold your breath until you get what you want. The NFLRA has also made it known that any college-level ref who becomes a scab won't have his college-level job to return to when he's no longer needed. Fucking unions. The NFLRA is to blame here. They've got the league by the balls and last night proved it.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#89 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:47:03 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline DarkaneRules  
#90 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:22:37 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

This is just real disappointing. It is putting these players in a terrible position. I hope it doesn't turn into something where there is a riot or someone gets seriously injured or even killed over this kind of shit. Then Goodel and the owners might have blood on their hands. Can you imagine?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Rockmolder  
#91 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:30:48 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 263

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
wpr on 9/26/2012(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#92 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:33:33 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I can understand mistakes on the field. But, with a clear and obvious replay, one has to question the integrity of the replay official, Goodell for backing him and not at least admitting the wrong, and the owners for doing nothing.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#93 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:45:53 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

UserPostedImage
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
wpr on 9/26/2012(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#94 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:12:40 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
porky88 on 9/26/2012(UTC), wpr on 9/26/2012(UTC), stevegb on 9/27/2012(UTC)
Offline porky88  
#95 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:56:38 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

The Favre one is hilarious.
Offline wpr  
#96 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:52:09 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage

i was looking for this one online yesterday but could not find it.
UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#97 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:24:03 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

all are lame or stupid until #1
UserPostedImage

Offline Porforis  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:32:21 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
all are lame or stupid until #1

1/10... Looks like Dave's been working on his routine lately!
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#99 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:33:33 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Golden Tate wrote:
Golden Tate now fully acknowledges getting away without a penalty on the controversial final play of the Seattle Seahawks' victory over the Green Bay Packers on Monday night but says the suggestion that he was trying to cheat is unfounded.

"A lot of people would just like for me to come out and say, 'I did not catch that ball,'" Tate said Wednesday, according to the Seattle Times, referring to the 24-yard touchdown reception he was credited with instead of an interception for Packers defensive back M.D. Jennings, who got his hands on the ball first.

After the game Monday night, Tate said, "I don't know what you're talking about," when ESPN sideline reporter Lisa Salters asked him whether he had pushed off against Packers defensive back Sam Shields.

But after watching the replay, he's telling a different story.

"The evidence shows on the film. But I never had intentions on cheating. I wasn't trying to cheat. I was competing, it was in the moment," he said, according to the Seattle Times. "Things are happening so quick. I honestly didn't even notice I did. I didn't try to hurt him or push him down to the ground, but it happened. It was just a reaction kind of thing. ...

"As far as pushing the defender, I was caught up in the moment, playing football. At that point, it was just like backyard football -- find a way to get the ball. I didn't intentionally try to shove him to the ground," he said, according to the newspaper.

Quote:
Tate estimated he picked up an additional 5,000 or 6,000 Twitter followers in the past few days and didn't need to see the constant loop of replays and deliberation on television because the few times he checked his Twitter account told him just how hot the issue was.

It wasn't always a pleasant read.

"There are moments where it's been tough, but when you have family in the locker room and in this building, it makes it easier," Tate said. "It hasn't been too bad. My feelings have been hurt a little bit on Twitter but it's whatever."

Asked later what some of those things were, Tate gave a few details.

"I've been called a cheater, I don't have any dignity, I'm not a Christian, a lot of hurtful things," he said.
UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#100 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:41:16 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I couldn't care less about him. With that said, if he did come out and clearly say that yes he it was an interception and yes he clearly committed offensive pass interference and clearly states yes the Packers won the game. I would respect him more.

I bet there are a lot of players who are going to trash talk the Seahawks ... "refs aint gonna give you this game you better man up"

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed