Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#61 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:51:36 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

Capers isn't doing it for me, btw.

f*ck that 3 man rush. HELLO?

IT DON'T WORK. IT HASN'T WORKED SINCE YOU GOT HERE.

We give this man too much slack because of the previous suckage, winning a SB, and his rep.

THE sh*t STILL SUCKS, and he doesn't change it, and our opponents notice.

imo

BRING THE HEAT, Dom.

He may be geezin'.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 9/30/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#62 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:11:58 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Fact - every time Dom Capers calls the 3-man rush, an angel falls down from Heaven.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
play2win on 10/1/2012(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#63 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:14:57 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Fact - every time Dom Capers calls the 3-man rush, an angel falls down from Heaven.

I think that's the idea, however he's still trying to get the angel to fall on the other team's quarterback.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer on 9/30/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#64 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:19:42 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,549
Applause Received: 639

Brees ate us alive at times today, but overall Capers' scheme worked.

Would have looked even better had we gotten one of those INTs Brees offered up.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline dfosterf  
#65 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:25:14 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

I'd rather get toasted bringing something like the 46 d. This passive prevent crap is aggravating.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline zombieslayer  
#66 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:29:38 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I'd rather get toasted bringing something like the 46 d. This passive prevent crap is aggravating.

Agreed.

If you're going to err, err on the side of being aggressive, not passive.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline porky88  
#67 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:55:07 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 188
Applause Received: 373

The offense was brilliant. That was about as textbook as it gets. They ran the ball well enough (102 yards) and Rodgers delivered in key moments. I was impressed with Rodgers’ patience and McCarthy’s play calling. Rodgers didn’t get greedy, which results in him holding onto the football. He utilized the short-passing game and established a strong rapport with his wide receivers in the early stages.

Let’s not overlook that Green Bay was on the verge of blowing this thing open before Rodgers hurt his eye. That’s about as fluke of an injury as it gets.

I just can’t get a grasp on this defense, though. First, I don't understand Green Bay's reliance on zone coverage. The Packers are much better playing man coverage. Capers must lack confidence in his young secondary matching up with New Orleans' receiving core. But veteran quarterbacks consistently carve Green Bay’s zone coverage apart. Brees’ performance was very similar to last season’s game. He beat the Packers zone coverage by attacking the middle of the field. This is the exact same thing Kurt Warner did to Green Bay in the 2009 wild card round. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m wondering if ego (or pride) is at play here.

In addition, the lack of adjustments with this team is frustrating. Last week, McCarthy was late in adjusting the offensive game plan. This week, Green Bay refused to play more man coverage. This wasn’t the same style we witnessed the previous two games. Unfortunately, they won't win the Super Bowl this way.
Offline Rios39  
#68 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 11:03:39 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Zone is a bad system to play against elite qbs. The defense performs very well playing under man.

You aren't going to shut the saints down though, they will move the ball and put up yards against any defense. You can only minimize the damage and for the most part we did that. The long td was the only thing that really bothered me. We need to stop playing this amount of zone though. It will not work vs good qbs
blank
Offline Porforis  
#69 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 6:56:52 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Have we even played significant amounts of man this year? Man has served us well in the past, but keep in mind that we're down a reliable safety in Collins, Woodson is getting older and beyond Tramon Williams, I don't think we've actually seen anybody but Jarrett Bush play man. Hell, it might work good and I'd like to see MORE man, but I'm not sure the Saints are a team you test that against. And if you take away the blown coverage resulting in a TD, turn that push-off in the endzone for a TD into a FG, and we get ONE of the two easy INTs, all of a sudden this doesn't look like such a bad game on defense. The numbers suck and we're not where we need to be, but I think we're a lot closer than some people realize.
UserPostedImage
Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#70 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 7:00:11 AM(UTC)
TwinkieGorilla

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 42

Yep. And you didn't even mention the fumble which wasn't which was.
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#71 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 7:03:14 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Packers gave up two turnovers against the Saints. The Graham Harrell fumble and the Aaron Rodgers interception and they still won. You might think this game wasn't pretty, but when you include the turnovers, the blatant miss calls by the referee's, the Packers did something yesterday they haven't done under Mike McCarthy before ... won a game after losing the turnover battle. (I'm basing that off what McCarthy said as my source)

B.J. Raji wrote:
I had to run and hug Tramon because he really saved me. I kind of put us in a bad position there getting that personal foul. But, that’s why it’s also a team game, and my teammates stepped up for me, and I’d do the same thing.

Why is it so difficult to just own up and say "I put us" instead of "I kind of put us" in a bad position? There is no KIND OF about it, you did! This soft sense of accountability is kind of annoying.

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2012 7:25:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#72 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 7:40:18 AM(UTC)
TwinkieGorilla

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 42

Ok, so I had to work and missed the game but watched the highlights. I found a d/l of the game though so I'm going to watch it tonight. Anything "nice" and/or outside the obvious I should be watching out for?
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

Offline Pack93z  
#73 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 7:41:28 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,057

Originally Posted by: Rios39 Go to Quoted Post
Zone is a bad system to play against elite qbs.

I would modify that statement.. a zone defense behind a weak pass rush is vulnerable and a elite QB is going to find the soft spots in the zones. The Packers issues in zone were exposed to a greater emphasis because we were not effective up front in the pass rush. The Saints line deserves the credit there.. they were stoning most of it physically. Matthews and others on more than one occasion were getting man handled.

A zone defense can be very effective if properly run with good disciplined and communication.

We are lacking one or the other at times in this defense.. this can be seen, for example, when Williams right before the snap calls out a change in the coverage, however completely missed and leaving a guy coming across the middle all alone.

There were many times, to me, that guys were out of position leaving gaping holes in the short zones. Whose fault is hard to tell because we don't know the coverage responsibilities, but that can't happen and expect success.

My opinion, is Capers, when facing a team with good tight end talent shifts to zone to try and protect the backers from ending up in singled up coverage. In the second half they adjusted out of it some and played a blend. Even then, we seen guys dragging the middle and finding success.. so it was not all scheme. The Saints have the talent to move the ball.. they did.

Another factor I think is Capers and company wanted to see how the game was going to be called in terms of contact down field.. to me, there was still a good amount of contact being allowed. It will be interesting to see how other crews call it.. and how the Packers react.

Summary from pre-game comments in another thread, the offense will hit is stride because of the enforcement of the rules.. and the defense will revert. We are a man team on defense.. that is what we do and do well. Especially with young players sprinkled in at Safety.. yes even Morgan is still young, I think zone might be a work in process during the regular season, but they need to employ it and work on it, because come playoff time, it may be needed. That is of course if we make the Playoffs.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#74 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 8:33:42 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post

Awesome!!! Well done.

On that note, I lost my voice in that game last night. We were 18 rows up from the corner of the end zone where the officials failed to throw a flag for offensive PI on the Colston TD in the 1st Quarter. Screamed boo as loud and as long as humanly possible, along with everyone else in the stands, and from there, it was on.

Those officials sucked, entirely. Piss poor calls through the entire game. Tripplet has called some really bad games for us historically. Yesterday was no different.

When the third try on the NO FG went wide left, it was a thing of beauty. Providence, the Green Bay Packers and the football gods won.
Offline play2win  
#75 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 8:38:11 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: TwinkieGorilla Go to Quoted Post
Ok, so I had to work and missed the game but watched the highlights. I found a d/l of the game though so I'm going to watch it tonight. Anything "nice" and/or outside the obvious I should be watching out for?

You know what Twinkie, check out Benson's runs. He is so, so very close to busting some wide open. He could have easily went over 100 yds if he had. Also, look at the Jordy reception they overruled on replay. Unbelievable. Might want to check their DL for holding, cuz none of the officials did...

Somehow, we still won. What a battle. Like we were fighting both NO and the NFL Officials. Two on one and we still beat them.

Enjoy.