Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<456
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yerko  
#76 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 8:54:20 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 228

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The problem once again, was on the OFFENSE.

Philbin's absence?

It's a relief that the Packers came out on top here. So many things went against them to make me not believe they were going to win this one.

- Another blatant OPI missed in the endzone. I know its not called a lot, but C'MON MAN!
- Blown review (great challenge) on the 3rd down catch by Graham.
- Rodgers getting poked in the eye.
-leading to an immediate fumble by Harrell.
-led to a scoring drive for the Saints, right? (its all a blur)
- Blown call on the kick return fumble.

Odds were slowly stacking against the Packers, but they prevailed.

Positives
-James Jones had an AMAZING game and that is nice to see after the mistake(s) made in the Bears game.
-Randall Cobb continues to show versatility on the offense. Loved that little halfback screen play.
-Jermichael Finley actually caught multiple passes.
-Cedric Benson continues to do work.
-We didn't field the Bears offensive line this game.
-Another ballsy special teams call!

Negatives
-Play calling on defense.
Can't count how many times the Packers had the Saints in 3rd and (longer than 5) and the Saints converted on it. I think at one point in the game it was mentioned that Drew Brees had completed 9 of 13 3rd down conversions. That is just totally unacceptable. There is a reason you had the Saints at 3rd and long and then you rush three and play a soft zone. I just don't get it...

Enjoy this win fellas!
UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#77 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 9:57:58 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,740
Applause Received: 1,311

wish I could have seen more of the game. had a minor family emergency coupled with the need to take my mother into my sister's place for a few days.

Turned the game on with a few minutes left until half.

I did get to see a little more than half of the game but what I did see was in a living room full of people who were only partially paying attention. Makes it more difficult to follow the intricacies of the game.

Then had to leave with about 5 minutes to go.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#78 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 12:16:46 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Finley and James Jones were GREAT in this game. With all the "hating" on them, they deserve props when they perform like this.

Oh....and the defense, as was stated i believe by G-Force, gave up WAY too many 3rd and long completions. Holding a team on 1st and 2nd down doesn't matter much if you constantly let them off the hook.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/1/2012(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#79 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:04:50 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 647

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Fuck that zone. We are Wisconsinites. Any Minnesota resident will be more than happy to tell you that we can't handle complicated shit. Hat on a hat. Fuck zone.

Especially when it's accompanied by 3 hats on 5 hats.

I hate the GD 3-man rush.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 10/1/2012(UTC), zombieslayer on 10/1/2012(UTC)
Offline Rios39  
#80 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:50:50 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
Finley and James Jones were GREAT in this game. With all the "hating" on them, they deserve props when they perform like this.

Oh....and the defense, as was stated i believe by G-Force, gave up WAY too many 3rd and long completions. Holding a team on 1st and 2nd down doesn't matter much if you constantly let them off the hook.

It seemed like they played more aggressive on 1st and 2nd down and less aggressive on third down. Any problems I've seen on D this year have been either play calling or miscommunications in zone base.
blank
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#81 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 4:50:31 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Packers gave up two turnovers against the Saints. The Graham Harrell fumble and the Aaron Rodgers interception and they still won. You might think this game wasn't pretty, but when you include the turnovers, the blatant miss calls by the referee's, the Packers did something yesterday they haven't done under Mike McCarthy before ... won a game after losing the turnover battle. (I'm basing that off what McCarthy said as my source)

Agree with Zero..Packers beat the odds.... http://www.twominutewarning.com/g13.htm

Mike obviously has forgotten the 2010 Eagles playoff game. Packers lost 2 fumbles in that game and intercepted Mike Vick to seal the victory. Packers lost that turnover battle 2-1, but won the game. http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310109021

The start of this season has been absolutely crazy, personally I don't remember anything quite like it.
Through the first quarter of the season The Packers are 2-2, should be 3-1, but I'm done dwelling on it.

Time to throw out my first cliche of the season, remember you can't win a championship in September but you sure can lose it.

Packers right in the middle of the fight, we could be The Saints 0-4 and looking up at everyone.

Try to remember there are many young guys on defense and no matter how much most of us want them to play like grissled vets, they are going to have their ups and downs early in the year.

The thing to watch is if they gain consistency throughout the year and keep improving, if this happens i can see The Packers playing well into 2013.

Edited by moderator Monday, October 1, 2012 6:12:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Online wpr  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 8:30:11 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,740
Applause Received: 1,311

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Especially when it's accompanied by 3 hats on 5 hats.

I hate the GD 3-man rush.

Now I will comment on this awesome post.

I too hate the 3 man rush. (Unless you have a team that actually can bring the pressure with just 3.) It rates right up there with prevent defenses. They are worthless. It is too passive of an approach. Given enough time the better NFL QB's will find on open receiver.

Rush 5 guys when the game is on the line and the QB has to throw into the end zone. Facing pressure the QB will have to dump it off short. 6 DB's and/or LBers should be able to cover 5 receivers and keep them from scoring.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:26:18 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,020

Quote:
Packers-Saints replay Tuesday; Rodgers miked Wednesday
Posted by Mike Spofford on October 2, 2012 – 3:03 pm

The Packers’ 28-27 Week 4 victory over the Saints will be re-broadcast at 8:30 p.m. CT on Tuesday on NFL Network as one of the featured NFL Replay games. The condensed, 90-minute broadcast will include exclusive sound from QB Aaron Rodgers, who was miked for the game, plus additional NFL Films camera angles and coaches’ commentary.

More of the Rodgers audio will be part of NFL Network’s Sound FX program at 9:30 p.m. CT on Wednesday. Slightly earlier on Wednesday, at 9 p.m. CT, the NBC Sports Network will have an in-depth look at the Saints-Packers game, along with wired sound from Rodgers, on its NFL Turning Point show.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed