Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:51:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,988
Applause Received: 2,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I can't speak for everyone else, but I'll be fine with that.

Driver may have had more total drops last year than Jones, but Jones drops the important ones. Like last game, he dropped what should have been a TD pass. Driver caught a TD pass. Driver is also better with running after a catch and is fearless up the middle.

Can you go through and show drop by drop the down and distance for the two? I'd be really interested in seeing those stats.

Apparently zombieslayer knows this, but doesn't want to share it with us, so I'm asking you all ... what were the down and distance of the dropped passes for Donald Driver, Jermichael Finley and James Jones?

If you could also note that the ball was dropped in the endzone that would be great too! None of this "well he was on the 10 yard line but would have scored" stuff because that's guessing, even if a fair assumption.

I'd go to NFL.com and do this myself, but I'm working on the NFL Picks app for the site so I have little time to do so.

Thanks to whomever does this.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline zombieslayer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:01:03 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

If I had the stats for those, I'd definitely share them.

I just remember what I saw. Wish I could find the stats though.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:11:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

This is the best I could find on James Jones using ProFootballFocus.com

Statistics: Targets-Rec-Yds(YAC)-TD-INT
Zero2Cool attached the following image(s):
JamesJones2011.jpg (83kb) downloaded 33 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:19:44 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,784
Applause Received: 674

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
This is the best I could find on James Jones using ProFootballFocus.com

Statistics: Targets-Rec-Yds(YAC)-TD-INT

Interesting. When I think of JJ, I usually think of him along the sidelines. Here it shows most of his drops come down the middle. More over-the-shoulder catches on that part of the field? Maybe more jarring hits as well.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:41:53 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I think something similar was posted already, but anyhow...
Drops2011.jpg (59kb) downloaded 42 time(s).

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 9/19/2012(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:45:42 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Thanks Z!

Jennings' and Nelson's #s are sick. Hopefully all of these guys heighten their focus this season and hang onto the football. That would make life a lot easier.
Offline mi_keys  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:47:59 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 235
Applause Received: 369

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Interesting. When I think of JJ, I usually think of him along the sidelines. Here it shows most of his drops come down the middle. More over-the-shoulder catches on that part of the field? Maybe more jarring hits as well.

4 of the 6 drops including 3 of the 4 down the middle were from 0 to 9 yards. I sincerely doubt those were over the shoulder as those were probably slants or button hooks or the like.

Hits maybe played a factor. Maybe he didn't actually get hit but was afraid he would be? Could be the shorter time to track the ball.

Then again, 6 drops over the course of the season is not a large enough sample size to make any statistically meaningful observations.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:38:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Donald Driver - 8 drops in 2011

Punt - GB @ KC - 3-10-KC 49 (13:02) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to 80-D.Driver.
Punt - GB @ KC - 2-10-GB 3 (2:47) 12-A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to 80-D.Driver.
TD - GB @ CHI - 1-10-GB 40 (:43) 12-A.Rodgers pass incomplete short left to 80-D.Driver.
FG - GB @ ATL - 3-5-ATL 39 (5:38) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to 80-D.Driver [90-L.Sidbury].
FG - SL @ GB - 3-3-GB 30 (10:28) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to 80-D.Driver.
TD - MIN @ GB - 2-12-MIN 38 (15:00) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to 80-D.Driver.
TD - OAK @ GB - 1-10-OAK 29 (5:42) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to 80-D.Driver.
FG - DET @ GB - 2-7-DET 7 (6:41) 10-M.Flynn pass incomplete short middle to 80-D.Driver.

I grabbed each incomplete pass and compared it with the PFF chart for ball placement on drops.

Message modified by user Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:14:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
macbob on 10/11/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:23:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Going through the stats from 2011, James Jones did not drop more important passes than Donald Driver. That statement is unfounded. Trying to compile the stats for a post is too time consuming. To see yourself, check out NFL.com play-by-play.

Attached is the WR and TE stats so far from ProFootballFocus.com

Jordy Nelson and Jermichael Finley ...
Untitled-1.jpg (59kb) downloaded 14 time(s).

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:31:46 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,232
Applause Received: 1,554

It is amazing Donald is only on the field for 37 snaps. 9 plays a game. I thought he would average 15 or so.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:14:50 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

The NFL has 7 QB's with 15 or more drops.

Aaron Rodgers has 17, Drew Brees has 19 and Brandon Weeden has 21!

The only QB with 100+ rating is Peyton Manning who has 15+ drops.

Three WR have more drops than Jordy Nelson who has 5.

One TE has more drops than Jermichael Finely who has 5, as do Jimmy Graham and Brandon Pettigrew.

Jason Witten leads TE with six drops.

Randall Cobb and Donald Driver each have two drops. Driver has been targeted six times with three catches. OUCH!

James Jones has 1 drop and leads the team with 5 TD's. No one else has more than 1 receiving TD.

UserPostedImage
Offline RajiRoar  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:16:58 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 44
Applause Received: 263

I wanna see the dropped INTs

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
wpr on 10/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Rockmolder  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:45:04 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 165
Applause Received: 271

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
I wanna see the dropped INTs

Same. I just watched the game back. I think I've seen about 5 this game. We had about 20 opportunities to lock this one up, but just squandered them all away.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:48:43 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Same. I just watched the game back. I think I've seen about 5 this game. We had about 20 opportunities to lock this one up, but just squandered them all away.

Yes. Had one of those INTs been caught, we'd probably be celebrating the win.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:05:12 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 442

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post

That is what is really irritating about this loss. Can't just point to one thing. Defense made plays, only for the offense not to capitalize. The offense scored and got in position only for Crosby to miss. And plays were made only to be nullified by penalties (bad ones a couple times).
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Pack93z on 10/10/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/10/2012(UTC)
Rss Feed