Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:07:11 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
One negative I will attribute to Rodgers is that his receivers ALL teem to have trouble catching his passes consistently, for whatever reason.

This isn't a Packers issues alone, its an NFL issue, same with tackling. He does not get a pass on this.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#32 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:22:11 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,788
Applause Received: 676

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
This isn't a Packers issues alone, its an NFL issue, same with tackling. He does not get a pass on this.

If it's happening with other teams, then maybe it's the balls they're using.

Don't they have a new rule now where you can't break the balls in before the game or something? Or is that just the K-Ball?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:32:58 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

If it's happening with other teams, then maybe it's the balls they're using.

Don't they have a new rule now where you can't break the balls in before the game or something? Or is that just the K-Ball?

Offenses are allowed to break in 'their balls' pregame, but the kicking K-Ball is not. That's at least to what I got from Aaron Rodgers comments last week.

Wiki - While NFL teams are allowed to practice with regular game balls, a "K" Ball is the term used by special teams for a brand new ball, not used until kickoff - hence the term K-Ball.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/...all_in_NFL#ixzz2857V7SJn
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline nyrpack  
#34 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 5:34:30 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 68

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
You're the one who made the goddamn post, and now you're changing your own subject. Sit down.

I'm simply saying what Rodgers did today wasn't all that great. It wouldn't even be a comeback if he didn't throw that bonehead interception.

Ryan led his team well within FG range with no timeouts. So he forced it to his bigplay WR. At least he had the balls to take a chance. With Rodgers you'll just see him running around, waiting to get raped by Bruce Irvin.

I'm not at all saying that Ryan is the better QB. Rodgers is, by far. But taking a lead with 8 minutes left to do so is far from qualifying as a clutch score. Much needed, but not clutch. Clutch is when you simply take the game away. Ryan and Brady did it today. Even Griffin did it today. We've also seen Brett doing it for more than a decade.

Aaron's two only clutch wins came against Chicago on that pass to Jennings and the :58 second drive that led to Crosby beating NYG last year.

you dont need to be clutch, as far as last year because he buried teams from the get go, ill take 15-1 over clutch comebacks anytime !!
jimmy b.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/1/2012(UTC)
Offline blueleopard  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:59:29 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 73

Game-winning drives are a notch on every quarterback's belt because, simply put, they prove you're clutch.

You're down by five with 1:37 remaining at your own 17 on 3rd and 12. The QB is the one calling the shots. He is the one rallying his troops to give their team the final chance at victory. None of that crap in the past 3 quarters matters.

It's the same as getting into the post-season. Once you're in, the shit that you did in the regular season goes out the window.

With your back up against the wall, which QB do you want to lead your team?

Rodgers is getting there. Brees, Brady, Manning. They all have that.

Even with the odds of a pick, I'll still take Favre.

Take your 15-1 seasons. If I went 9-7 and won the Super Bowl, I'll take that instead.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Online nerdmann  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:27:21 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
Game-winning drives are a notch on every quarterback's belt because, simply put, they prove you're clutch.

You're down by five with 1:37 remaining at your own 17 on 3rd and 12. The QB is the one calling the shots. He is the one rallying his troops to give their team the final chance at victory. None of that crap in the past 3 quarters matters.

It's the same as getting into the post-season. Once you're in, the shit that you did in the regular season goes out the window.

With your back up against the wall, which QB do you want to lead your team?

Rodgers is getting there. Brees, Brady, Manning. They all have that.

Even with the odds of a pick, I'll still take Favre.

Take your 15-1 seasons. If I went 9-7 and won the Super Bowl, I'll take that instead.

So let's say your QB goes 15-1 and has a good team, so he's not in position to have many comeback opportunities. How do you judge whether he's clutch?

Best third down %age in the history of the game might be of interest.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:46:05 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 442

So let's say your QB goes 15-1 and has a good team, so he's not in position to have many comeback opportunities. How do you judge whether he's clutch?

Best third down %age in the history of the game might be of interest.

This has been a point that drives me nuts.

Eli is so clutch because he has so many 4th qtr comebacks and Rodgers doesn't.

Well, I ask, why does Eli always need to comeback in the first place? Isn't it better to be ahead so you don't need to come back? Almost 37% of Eli's wins are comebacks. I think I would prefer crappy comeback count and be able to watch from the side or hand the ball off to eat clock to preserve the win.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:56:01 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Sure, Eli Manning is a clutch QB, I'm fine with that. As nerdmann would say, he's got 2 'rings'.

I'd rather have a QB who dominates all four quarters than just shows up for the fourth.

And yet some people still think its a swipe at Aaron Rodgers because he's not clutch or doesn't have a lot of 4th quarter comebacks ... I dunno.

Eli Manning
W 69 L 50 .580

Aaron Rodgers
W 41 L 21 .661

Shrug

UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:58:04 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Sure, Eli Manning is a clutch QB, I'm fine with that. As nerdmann would say, he's got 2 'rings'.

I'd rather have a QB who dominates all four quarters than just shows up for the fourth.

And yet some people still think its a swipe at Aaron Rodgers because he's not clutch or doesn't have a lot of 4th quarter comebacks ... I dunno.

Eli Manning
W 69 L 50 .580

Aaron Rodgers
W 41 L 21 .661

Shrug

Eli's overrated, imo. BUT, he does have two rings.

I'd consider him over Peyton, but then again I'm crazy.
Offline zombieslayer  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:49:26 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Eli's overrated, imo. BUT, he does have two rings.

I'd consider him over Peyton, but then again I'm crazy.

Peyton is better in regular season. Eli is way better in post-season. Brett Favre has a better record than Peyton in post-season because Favre can carry a team on his back (or lose a game all by himself). Peyton can't do that.

Eli is clutch in post-season. I hate the guy. But historically, he has been clutch in post-season.

Now if you look at Aaron Rodgers in post-season, he's 4-2 so far. The first game he lost, he had a 121.4 rating, which should have been good enough for a win in 99% of Playoff games. Problem was, our D stunk and allowed Kurt Warner to have a similar performance.

2010 of course we won a SB and Aaron got SB MVP.

2011, he laid down a turd against the Giants. But so did Brett. I think the Giants have our number in post-season. Today's Giants are our Cows of the 90s. If we're gonna win it all, it's best if we avoid playing them.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Online Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:56:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Aaron Rodgers vs Giants at Lambeau
26 completions out of 46 attempts for %56.5 and 264 yards with 2 TD's and 1 INT while being sacked 4 times. I think the Packers had something like six drops too. Ugh. Drops.

I suppose its 'turd' if you compare to his previous 15 starts, lol. The INT was late in the game when it was already over, right?

Side Point... catching and tackling ... two of the three most important tasks in football and yet it seems they are lacking widespread in the NFL. Sad.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 10/2/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:27:26 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Aaron Rodgers vs Giants at Lambeau
26 completions out of 46 attempts for %56.5 and 264 yards with 2 TD's and 1 INT while being sacked 4 times. I think the Packers had something like six drops too. Ugh. Drops.

I suppose its 'turd' if you compare to his previous 15 starts, lol. The INT was late in the game when it was already over, right?

Side Point... catching and tackling ... two of the three most important tasks in football and yet it seems they are lacking widespread in the NFL. Sad.

I think 7 drops. And yes, Aaron Rodgers would have had a significantly higher passer rating had his receivers actually CAUGHT THE FREAKING BALL. But goes to show, it's a team sport.

Anyways, we agree on my original point - I could care less about 4th Q comebacks. I'd rather have a TEAM that blows away opponents and doesn't leave games to either the Kicker or the refs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Porforis on 10/2/2012(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:32:58 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 334

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I think 7 drops. And yes, Aaron Rodgers would have had a significantly higher passer rating had his receivers actually CAUGHT THE FREAKING BALL. But goes to show, it's a team sport.

Anyways, we agree on my original point - I could care less about 4th Q comebacks. I'd rather have a TEAM that blows away opponents and doesn't leave games to either the Kicker or the refs.

I think we might be twins separated at birth.
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:28:02 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 421

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Peyton is better in regular season. Eli is way better in post-season. Brett Favre has a better record than Peyton in post-season because Favre can carry a team on his back (or lose a game all by himself). Peyton can't do that.

I recall the 2006 AFC Championship relying on Peyton's shoulders. I also recall several performances against the Broncos and Chiefs in which he had to put up monster numbers. He tore the Jets defense apart in the 2009 AFC Championship. They're plenty of examples of Peyton carrying a team on his back. Is he the best QB ever? I don't think so, but he's one of the best ever, and that's pretty telling.
Pack93z on 10/2/2012(UTC)
Online nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:29:28 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I recall the 2006 AFC Championship relying on Peyton's shoulders. I also recall several performances against the Broncos and Chiefs in which he had to put up monster numbers. He tore the Jets defense apart in the 2009 AFC Championship. They're plenty of examples of Peyton carrying a team on his back. Is he the best QB ever? I don't think so, but he's one of the best ever, and that's pretty telling.

I've always looked at Peyton and Eli as their father's "revenge" on the NFL. Archie was a great QB, but he was stuck on a team that was never going to go anywhere.

Partially for this reason, I think Peyton wants it just a little too badly. I think he has a tendency to overprepare and thus, psych himself out.
Rss Feed