Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<2345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 3:45:34 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I recall the 2006 AFC Championship relying on Peyton's shoulders. I also recall several performances against the Broncos and Chiefs in which he had to put up monster numbers. He tore the Jets defense apart in the 2009 AFC Championship. They're plenty of examples of Peyton carrying a team on his back. Is he the best QB ever? I don't think so, but he's one of the best ever, and that's pretty telling.

Several of the best QBs ever are still in the NFL - our Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning. But Manning's had a very long career and only one ring. If Aaron Rodgers plays as long as Manning and only produces one ring, he'd be a letdown.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 3:54:24 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,862
Applause Received: 2,023

It sure isn't any shocker that some of the all time best quarterbacks are still actively playing in this massively offensive rule driven league, now is it?

LET THEM PLAY!!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline zombieslayer  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:37:06 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
It sure isn't any shocker that some of the all time best quarterbacks are still actively playing in this massively offensive rule driven league, now is it?

LET THEM PLAY!!

That's true. I sincerely doubt Tom Brady or everyone's favorite Peyton Manning would be as good if they played in the Bart Starr era.

Brett Favre would be the same. Ben Rothlisburger would be the same. Those two guys are the two toughest QBs today.

Brees would be the same because even Aaron Rodgers admits that Brees' work ethic is the top of the top.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Akexpat  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:59:46 AM(UTC)
Akexpat

Turkey

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 12

for me, this quote from Rodgers is golden "I've had plenty of game-winning drives in the second and third quarters."

Personally, I could use less stress in the forth after an era of #4 in the wee hours of the morning, especially after the last 2 weeks of nail biters.

but to put it into perspective maybe, we saw the backup take the field and literally trip over himself at the goal line, I would personally like to see the D wrap up games and the Offense score +30 a game. That way I could relax and enjoy the game, but as a Packers fan for the last 30 years has taught me, that probably will never happen.
You will find Packers fans all across the world
Offline Zero2Cool  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:18:34 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,862
Applause Received: 2,023

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
That's true. I sincerely doubt Tom Brady or everyone's favorite Peyton Manning would be as good if they played in the Bart Starr era.

Brett Favre would be the same. Ben Rothlisburger would be the same. Those two guys are the two toughest QBs today.

Brees would be the same because even Aaron Rodgers admits that Brees' work ethic is the top of the top.

I think if Brett Favre started playing 10-12 years later, he'd be unanimously considered the best quarterback off all time. He took major risks and in this league now, those risks are heavily rewarded. My lord, can you imagine that?? I think 50 TD's would damn near be the norm for him, especially with pass happy McCarthy.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline zombieslayer  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:11:46 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think if Brett Favre started playing 10-12 years later, he'd be unanimously considered the best quarterback off all time. He took major risks and in this league now, those risks are heavily rewarded. My lord, can you imagine that?? I think 50 TD's would damn near be the norm for him, especially with pass happy McCarthy.

Didn't think of that. That's probably true.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline RaiderPride  
#52 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:59:17 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 99
Applause Received: 189

This article is three months old. Not sure if anyone posted it here, but I found it an interesting read.

If you have nothing else to do this fine Saturday here is a read for you.

http://www.coldhardfootb...nt-fourth-quarter/15278/
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/27/2012(UTC)
Online yooperfan  
#53 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:25:58 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 537
Applause Received: 247

Thanks RP.
It is a good, if somewhat disturbing, read.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#54 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:13:30 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
This article is three months old. Not sure if anyone posted it here, but I found it an interesting read.

If you have nothing else to do this fine Saturday here is a read for you.

http://www.coldhardfootb...nt-fourth-quarter/15278/

Some people are trying to hard to make Rodgers out to be a bad QB. Why do they ignore facts like Eli (mr clutch of today) almost 40% of his career wins have been comebacks? Rodgers <20%. Why is that? To me it seems like Eli is consistenlty behind teams they should be beating. Where Rodgers beats and/or is playing from ahead against those teams. Leaving Rodgers comeback chances against tougher competition overall.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline PackerTraxx  
#55 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:17:32 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Some people are trying to hard to make Rodgers out to be a bad QB. Why do they ignore facts like Eli (mr clutch of today) almost 40% of his career wins have been comebacks? Rodgers <20%. Why is that? To me it seems like Eli is consistenlty behind teams they should be beating. Where Rodgers beats and/or is playing from ahead against those teams. Leaving Rodgers comeback chances against tougher competition overall.

That's why comebacks are over rated. If you play well to begin with, you don't need to come back.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Porforis  
#56 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:26:17 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
That's why comebacks are over rated. If you play well to begin with, you don't need to come back.

That. Kind of disappointing that Kacsmar spent so much time and effort on that article, without analyzing metrics that put the stats into perspective. How do Rodgers' Q1-3 stats and points scored compare to the rest of the league? How do those stats compare to the Packers' opponents? The ability to take charge when the game is slipping away and drive down the field for a TD is huge, but so is the ability to put the other team out of it early.
UserPostedImage
Offline cheeseheads123  
#57 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 8:55:36 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 61
Applause Received: 96

Just being curious i wonder in how many of those losses were the Packers up in the 4th quarter. I could remember at least 3 or 4 in 08.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#58 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 9:54:04 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post

I would rather go into the 4th Q with a 20+ point lead.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Porforis  
#59 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 9:59:57 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I would rather go into the 4th Q with a 20+ point lead.

Assuming the defense doesn't give up quick scores and the offense can at least get some first downs to burn time off the clock. There've been too many heart attack games where we HAVE been ahead by 2+ scores going into the fourth for a lifetime the last few years.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#60 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 10:06:55 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

The comeback stat for a QB... the biggest pile of dung in sports.

Example.. I am sure the Cutler gets a win for yesterday in terms of this vaulted stat.. but really the defenses pick six saved their ass. Sure, Cutler helped set up the game winner.. but without the pick six.. the Bears offense was in trouble.

Media hype tool.. the variable of a football game are too vast to lay it all on this stat.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed