Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:07:55 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
so what is the line on Neal making an impact?

I say this game in Indy will be a good game for him. He was born in Merrillville. Played for PU. He should have a pretty big following at the game.

I also think he will disappear for stretches as the season goes on. then released before TC next year.

It's hard to make an impact when you're on the sidelines nursing another injury. He'll be injured before half time.

Edit, Packers have a one week roster exception with Mike Neal. I highly doubt he's activated, unless there's someone on the roster they are simply at ends with. 4 RB's and if James Starks is good to go, I could see letting go of Brandon Saine and get him on the Practice Squad, if that's possible. Otherwise maybe Philip Merling?
wpr  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:17:40 PM(UTC)
Indy should be susceptible to the run. For the past 1 1/2 games GB has shown they can move the ball pretty consistently when they give the run it fair share of the plays. '

When they abandon the run the speed rushers on the defense come flying in. Give Benson the ball and they all do a double take. Even play action passes when the run is being utilized slow the DL down a lot.

I look for Benson to get his first 100 on 25 carries game and Aaron Rodgers to go up top for 350 yards 3 TDs.

GB 35
Indy 24
Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:12:57 AM(UTC)
Top 10 Defense and still only .500 ... I'm hoping to see the Packers thoroughly dominate in this coming game.
gbguy20  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:15:39 AM(UTC)
Run em over.
Akexpat  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:11:35 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano diagnosed with leukemia

That sucks. Heart felt get well soon from someone who lost a parent to cancer.

I cant feel that this year, that all of our games will have something drama to it. Just feels like one of those years.
Cheesey  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:12:01 PM(UTC)
I think this game will show where the Packers really are.
If they are good, or if this season will blow up on them.
All things point to a Packer win.....even with them having to play the Colts AND the refs.
Yerko  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:09:55 PM(UTC)
This simply should just be a blow out. I am not one to say, "well this team did this to them, so the Packers should..." but that changes here. The Bears flattened the Colts and it wasn't even a game. Packers are better than the Bears this year (already proven once).

Looking for the defense to stop what little this team has on offense. Packers played great defense against one of the best receiving tight ends in football today, Jimmy Graham, so there should be no reason they can't do the same to Coby Fleener. Their biggest receiving threat is the old Reggie Wayne. While I do think Andrew Luck will be a great quarterback, he is still a rookie today and there will be at least 2 interceptions thrown.

Their defense is pretty much nothing other than their two rushing defensive ends (old) who they converted into OLB (am I correct?). Can anyone say field day for Rodgers and Co.? Not sure exactly how the Colts defense works but there is no possibl way that they can rush both Mathis and Freeney 100% of the time. That will create huge match-up problems for the Colts. Rodgers has another amazing game.

Packers- 35
Colts- 14

Let me just add how irrate I am at FOX down here in Chicago. I officiate grammar school football on Sundays and was looking to DVR this game since the Bears game is later (won't show any other game here when Bears are on) but no, FOX is broadcasting English Premiere Soccer League. WTF is that?!?!
vikesrule  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:17:45 PM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
Chuck Pagano will be out for this game and several others with what ESPN is reporting Leukemia. First and foremost, well wishes to a well respected coach....

Well said as usual 93z, my thoughts to the Coach and his family.
Damn....

I think that this will spur the Colts on and in this game the Packers won't have any "Luck".

Colts by 6

Wade  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:40:52 PM(UTC)
I still remember this game -- I think it was in the Holmgren years. GB plays Indianapolis in what should have been a rout.

And lost.

This game should be over mid-way through the second quarter. But I refuse to make a prediction and curse the team thereby. I've seen too many of these "should be" games turn into unexpected losses.
vikesrule  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:11:51 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
I still remember this game -- I think it was in the Holmgren years. GB plays Indianapolis in what should have been a rout.

And lost.

This game should be over mid-way through the second quarter. But I refuse to make a prediction and curse the team thereby. I've seen too many of these "should be" games turn into unexpected losses.

This the game you're talking about Wade?

Sunday, November 16, 1997
Green Bay Packers (8-3-0) 38
Indianapolis Colts (1-10-0) 41

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/1997
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:33:02 PM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post

Man did I do some massive shots after that game. BTW, VR - you're a bastard - using win one for the Gipper crap. Just because the Vikings blew that game doesn't mean we're going to.
vikesrule  
#32 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:31:36 AM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Man did I do some massive shots after that game.....

I'm here for ya buddy.

Anytime that I can assist in resurrecting humiliating Packers losses, I will be there for ya.ThumpUp

Wade  
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:28:13 AM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post

Yes. Indy was 0-10 going into the game. Someone named "Paul Justin" was the quarterback. Someone named Infante was the coach -- for Indy.

Packers were 8-2 going into the game. Super Bowl champs. Year started with LeRoy the Mouth talking about going undefeated. Year ended with Holmgren letting Broncos score and the Packers imitating the Vikings in a Super Bowl.

ARGH!

Yerko  
#34 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 7:25:33 AM(UTC)
Just bumping this because the Seahawks discussion is above it and it makes me angry.
Zero2Cool  
#35 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 7:37:23 AM(UTC)
I have a good feeling about this game.
wpr  
#36 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 8:22:29 AM(UTC)
GB by 3 touchdowns.
warhawk  
#37 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 11:25:09 AM(UTC)
To be honest I just hope the refs have a good game.

I think we would have to play very poorly and the refs make some poor ill-timed calls for this game to even be close.

They keep turning over turnovers and you never know what can happen but it usually means the game ends up closer than it should have been.
wpr  
#38 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 11:56:14 AM(UTC)
warhawk said: Go to Quoted Post
To be honest I just hope the refs have a good game.

I think we would have to play very poorly and the refs make some poor ill-timed calls for this game to even be close.

They keep turning over turnovers and you never know what can happen but it usually means the game ends up closer than it should have been.

it will be Green Bay at Indianapolis – Walt Anderson
wpr  
#39 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 12:07:07 PM(UTC)
I don't know much about Walt but he did ref the Super Bowl a couple of years ago that GB won.

Here is his comment about the int that the officials blew in Sea.
Quote:

Walt Anderson, who has been a game official in the NFL for 17 years, the last 10 as a referee, told FOX 26 Sports the play that won the game on Monday night for the Seattle Seahawks should have been overturned, with the Green Bay Packers winning the game 12-7.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston....-anderson-#ixzz28S8pLK48

back in 2010 his crew was one of the crews that threw the least amount of flags.

13th out 17 crews.
wpr  
#40 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 12:11:36 PM(UTC)
injury report

Quote:
As anticipated, Packers left guard T.J. Lang returned to practice on Friday after being excused on Thursday for personal reasons.

Following Thursday’s practice, Packers coach Mike McCarthy indicated Lang would be back for Friday’s final practice before Sunday’s road game at Indianapolis.

With Lang back, the only two Packers not practicing were wide receiver Greg Jennings (groin) and safety Sean Richardson (hamstring). Jennings has already been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Colts while Richardson has been sidelined for the past month with his nagging ailment.

The Packers continued to work inside the Don Hutson Center and pumped in crowd noise to prepare for the atmosphere of Lucas-Oil Stadium.

Code:

Name 	        Position 	Injury 	     Wed. 	Thu. 	Fri. 	Game Status
House, Davon 	CB 	        Shoulder     FP 	FP 	- 	-
Jennings, M.D. 	S 	        Neck 	     FP 	FP 	- 	-
Jennings, Greg 	WR 	        Groin 	     DNP 	Out 	- 	-
Lang, T.J. 	G 	        Not Injury Related -    DNP 	- 	-
Pickett, Ryan 	DT 	        Shoulder/Knee LP 	LP 	- 	-
Richardson, S 	S 	        Hamstring    DNP 	DNP 	- 	-
Rss Feed