Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 8:45:14 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 404
Applause Received: 1,097

Chuck Pagano will be out for this game and several others with what ESPN is reporting Leukemia. First and foremost, well wishes to a well respected coach.

Secondly, this will have an impact on this young team.

We are playing a rookie QB that is being hailed as a Messiah already.. with a developing offensive team around him. They have a defense that still has some bite up front in terms of pass rushers, but past that, a defense that is still under construction, this is where Pagano's absence will be felt the most on the field.

It is on turf.. the Packers offensive line will have to repeat yesterday on a fast surface with at least one speed rusher coming each down.

With that said.. this should be a game where the Packers offense settles in and the defense can rebound a bit. I expect a couple turnovers in our favor and a comfortable win.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/1/2012(UTC)
Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 12:24:43 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 233
Applause Received: 460

I just want a win......of course a blowout would help my bad heart, but i'll take ANY win.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rios39  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 12:37:27 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano diagnosed with leukemia

That's awful..
blank
Online DarkaneRules  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 12:54:14 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 362

I am looking at seeing Neal make a difference for this team after being on suspension. Daniels is still a work in progress and Wilson has been serviceable. I want to see if Neal makes any impact plays or contributes in that way.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
wpr on 10/1/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:02:50 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,238
Applause Received: 1,557

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
I am looking at seeing Neal make a difference for this team after being on suspension. Daniels is still a work in progress and Wilson has been serviceable. I want to see if Neal makes any impact plays or contributes in that way.

so what is the line on Neal making an impact?

I say this game in Indy will be a good game for him. He was born in Merrillville. Played for PU. He should have a pretty big following at the game.

I also think he will disappear for stretches as the season goes on. then released before TC next year.

UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:07:55 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,991
Applause Received: 2,285

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
so what is the line on Neal making an impact?

I say this game in Indy will be a good game for him. He was born in Merrillville. Played for PU. He should have a pretty big following at the game.

I also think he will disappear for stretches as the season goes on. then released before TC next year.

It's hard to make an impact when you're on the sidelines nursing another injury. He'll be injured before half time.

Edit, Packers have a one week roster exception with Mike Neal. I highly doubt he's activated, unless there's someone on the roster they are simply at ends with. 4 RB's and if James Starks is good to go, I could see letting go of Brandon Saine and get him on the Practice Squad, if that's possible. Otherwise maybe Philip Merling?

Message modified by user Monday, October 1, 2012 1:22:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:17:40 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,238
Applause Received: 1,557

Indy should be susceptible to the run. For the past 1 1/2 games GB has shown they can move the ball pretty consistently when they give the run it fair share of the plays. '

When they abandon the run the speed rushers on the defense come flying in. Give Benson the ball and they all do a double take. Even play action passes when the run is being utilized slow the DL down a lot.

I look for Benson to get his first 100 on 25 carries game and Aaron Rodgers to go up top for 350 yards 3 TDs.

GB 35
Indy 24
UserPostedImage
Since69 on 10/5/2012(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:12:57 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,991
Applause Received: 2,285

Top 10 Defense and still only .500 ... I'm hoping to see the Packers thoroughly dominate in this coming game.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:15:39 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 210
Applause Received: 285

Run em over.
call me Dan
Offline Akexpat  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:11:35 AM(UTC)
Akexpat

Turkey

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 12

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano diagnosed with leukemia

That sucks. Heart felt get well soon from someone who lost a parent to cancer.

I cant feel that this year, that all of our games will have something drama to it. Just feels like one of those years.
You will find Packers fans all across the world
Offline Cheesey  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:12:01 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 233
Applause Received: 460

I think this game will show where the Packers really are.
If they are good, or if this season will blow up on them.
All things point to a Packer win.....even with them having to play the Colts AND the refs.
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:09:55 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 164
Applause Received: 269

This simply should just be a blow out. I am not one to say, "well this team did this to them, so the Packers should..." but that changes here. The Bears flattened the Colts and it wasn't even a game. Packers are better than the Bears this year (already proven once).

Looking for the defense to stop what little this team has on offense. Packers played great defense against one of the best receiving tight ends in football today, Jimmy Graham, so there should be no reason they can't do the same to Coby Fleener. Their biggest receiving threat is the old Reggie Wayne. While I do think Andrew Luck will be a great quarterback, he is still a rookie today and there will be at least 2 interceptions thrown.

Their defense is pretty much nothing other than their two rushing defensive ends (old) who they converted into OLB (am I correct?). Can anyone say field day for Rodgers and Co.? Not sure exactly how the Colts defense works but there is no possibl way that they can rush both Mathis and Freeney 100% of the time. That will create huge match-up problems for the Colts. Rodgers has another amazing game.

Packers- 35
Colts- 14

Let me just add how irrate I am at FOX down here in Chicago. I officiate grammar school football on Sundays and was looking to DVR this game since the Bears game is later (won't show any other game here when Bears are on) but no, FOX is broadcasting English Premiere Soccer League. WTF is that?!?!
UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:17:45 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Chuck Pagano will be out for this game and several others with what ESPN is reporting Leukemia. First and foremost, well wishes to a well respected coach....

Well said as usual 93z, my thoughts to the Coach and his family.
Damn....

I think that this will spur the Colts on and in this game the Packers won't have any "Luck".

Colts by 6

Offline Wade  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:40:52 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 696
Applause Received: 725

I still remember this game -- I think it was in the Holmgren years. GB plays Indianapolis in what should have been a rout.

And lost.

This game should be over mid-way through the second quarter. But I refuse to make a prediction and curse the team thereby. I've seen too many of these "should be" games turn into unexpected losses.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline vikesrule  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:11:51 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
I still remember this game -- I think it was in the Holmgren years. GB plays Indianapolis in what should have been a rout.

And lost.

This game should be over mid-way through the second quarter. But I refuse to make a prediction and curse the team thereby. I've seen too many of these "should be" games turn into unexpected losses.

This the game you're talking about Wade?

Sunday, November 16, 1997
Green Bay Packers (8-3-0) 38
Indianapolis Colts (1-10-0) 41

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/1997
Rss Feed