Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yerko  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 7:47:46 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 152
Applause Received: 247

At this point in time, I'd say no because I love the way McMillian is playing. That kid is going to do some work back there for years to come. Shields plays well where he is at now and asking him to learn another new position would be a lot to ask for. CB is becoming his natural position now.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 8:01:05 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

Originally Posted by: G-Force Go to Quoted Post
At this point in time, I'd say no because I love the way McMillian is playing. That kid is going to do some work back there for years to come. Shields plays well where he is at now and asking him to learn another new position would be a lot to ask for. CB is becoming his natural position now.


He isn't going to be Collins or Ed Reed even playing well. He is actually more of a SS than FS. It means we have to play 2 deep which makes the holes in the zones bigger. If we could get somebody deep that can cover the entire deep field, it makes it possible for the others to tighten coverage underneath.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:01:20 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Until Shields is beaten out of his corner slot, you can't even think of moving him to safety. And right now he is a starter with House getting closer to getting back on the field. When House eventually supplants Shields, then Haywood has to do the same. When Shields is our dime corner - then you can entertain those thoughts. But until then, he's a corner.

I'm not sold on Woodson at safety yet. He does not have the speed to play center field. Wood is a man without a traditional position - and basically is a wild card for Capers to play with.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:08:30 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,074

No.

I don't think he has the physicality to play the position.

Shields had a rough week, but for the most part I think he has played decently this season. Let's see how it works today, I have a feeling that this may be a week where the Packers defense gets to work on some things during the game.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:28:46 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,184

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Until Shields is beaten out of his corner slot, you can't even think of moving him to safety. And right now he is a starter with House getting closer to getting back on the field. When House eventually supplants Shields, then Haywood has to do the same. When Shields is our dime corner - then you can entertain those thoughts. But until then, he's a corner.

I'm not sold on Woodson at safety yet. He does not have the speed to play center field. Wood is a man without a traditional position - and basically is a wild card for Capers to play with.



Are you over rating Davon House, or under appreciating Sam Shields here?

Sam Shields > Davon House ... just watch them play ... its a clear as can be.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:59:49 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,030
Applause Received: 1,467

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Are you over rating Davon House, or under appreciating Sam Shields here?

Sam Shields > Davon House ... just watch them play ... its a clear as can be.


I think it is more of giving us a point of discussion. I like these threads where we have to think out of the box a little.

UserPostedImage

Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:47:16 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

I keep seeing this Sean Richardson (S) listed on the injury report.Who is he and where/when did he come from.Is he a FA or a draftee this year?Will he be a factor this season if he can get on the field?
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline ntharp06  
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:54:23 AM(UTC)
ntharp06

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

United States
Joined: 9/12/2012(UTC)


Richardson was an undrafted free agent this year from Vanderbilt. He and Casey Hayward played together. Richardson never missed a game in three years and was an in the box safety who mainly tried to stop the run. He doesn't seem like a passing defender and it is noted on another site that his weaknesses included working in space and zone coverage.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:20:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,184

Originally Posted by: ntharp06 Go to Quoted Post
Richardson was an undrafted free agent this year from Vanderbilt. He and Casey Hayward played together. Richardson never missed a game in three years and was an in the box safety who mainly tried to stop the run. He doesn't seem like a passing defender and it is noted on another site that his weaknesses included working in space and zone coverage.


He might not be too good in the pass coverage department, I don't know. All I know is dude was always near the ball or making the tackle in the pre-season. I came away impressed.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 9:37:08 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,628
Applause Received: 652

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Are you over rating Davon House, or under appreciating Sam Shields here?

Sam Shields > Davon House ... just watch them play ... its a clear as can be.


House won't surpass Shields this year, barring injury or something bizarre happening.

But he looked very, very good in the preseason.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 7:48:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,184

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
At this point in time, I'd say no because I love the way McMillian is playing. That kid is going to do some work back there for years to come. Shields plays well where he is at now and asking him to learn another new position would be a lot to ask for. CB is becoming his natural position now.


I bet you love this comment.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rockmolder

33m / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Pack93z

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / GermanGilbert

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / AbbaGav

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker