Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages«<678
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#106 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:02:34 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

MM cost the Packers this game in the first half, for anyone still disagreeing with not running the ball, simply look at the impact on the pass rush the running game had last night.

Clearest illustration of my argument to run the ball was put on center stage for the world to see. Run the ball, pause the pass rush. They have to at least stop to read it.. that gives the offense the advantage in pass blocking.

The game should have never come down to the rob job the replacement officials put on us by their inexperience. To be fair, the officials gave us a couple of gifts as well with poor calls.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 9/25/2012(UTC), yooperfan on 9/25/2012(UTC), play2win on 10/4/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#107 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:58:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#108 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:59:31 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Packers defense played very well in this game, I thought. Sam Shields played a pretty good game, although he got wrongfully called for pass interference when HE was the one being casually hugged while running down the sideline.

It's annoying how stubborn the offensive play calling seems to be. If your QB is getting smashed, start calling some draw plays, some screens or god forbid some running plays between the tackles!

Jermichael Finley had a decent game too.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#109 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:43:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Mike McCarthy called one of the Seahawks' game referee's.
Wayne Elliot wrote:
He called me at my house last week, because he had heard I was having a rough week with all the calls and everything. He just had heard that I was having a rough week, and wanted [me] to know that he thought what I did, controversial and maybe he didn’t agree with it, that I handled it with class.

The referee also said maybe it was the wrong call. Monday night and Tuesday ... I was pretty ticked about the ignorance, but not its more comical than anything. And when the Packers win the Super Bowl again, we can point to the replacement referee's trying to hold the Packers back and they still won.

PFT wrote:
Replacement referee Wayne Elliott, who initially defended the call of a touchdown by Seahawks receiver Golden Tate, reluctantly admitted during an interview with Cris Collinsworth and James Brown on this week’s Inside the NFL that the call “probably” should have been an interception.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
porky88 on 10/4/2012(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#110 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:46:48 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 127

"probably" ??????????
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline mi_keys  
#111 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:40:53 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 237
Applause Received: 370

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
"probably" ??????????

Baby steps... improvement over claiming anyone who new the rule would agree with his call

Edit: actually my apologies to Elliot. It was Easley who was acting like a dick about the call in his smug assuredness that it was correct (despite being in with a shout as the worst call in NFL history).

In that case, at least Elliot's response is better than Easley's.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Online wpr  
#112 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 8:23:22 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,235
Applause Received: 1,556

I bumped this one just piss off Gforce and have Kevin lock it down. (maybe.)
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#113 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 4:31:12 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 213
Applause Received: 437

http://www.theonion.com/...hit-calls-go-to-o,29816/

Quote:
—According to a study published Friday in the Journal Of Quantitative Analysis In Sports, an overwhelming majority of bullshit rulings made by NFL officials go in favor of the opposing team. “The data in our findings conclusively proved that most horseshit calls not only go to the other team, but also occur very late in games,” said lead researcher Dr. Alexander Ferguson, a statistical analyst at Carnegie Mellon University. “In addition, we found that of the officials who make dumbass calls, 58 percent don’t know what the hell they’re doing out there, 23 percent must be watching a completely different goddamn game, and a further 29 percent are just totally fucking blind.” The study, which confirmed that the majority of bullshit calls are game-changing decisions, also found that rulings that help your team are simply lucky breaks that would not have affected the ultimate outcome of the game anyway.

Razz

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 10/7/2012(UTC), Pack93z on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#114 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:40:55 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

IMHO.
Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse

LOL,Couldn't resist.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed