Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yerko  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 7:47:46 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 234

At this point in time, I'd say no because I love the way McMillian is playing. That kid is going to do some work back there for years to come. Shields plays well where he is at now and asking him to learn another new position would be a lot to ask for. CB is becoming his natural position now.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 8:01:05 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: G-Force Go to Quoted Post
At this point in time, I'd say no because I love the way McMillian is playing. That kid is going to do some work back there for years to come. Shields plays well where he is at now and asking him to learn another new position would be a lot to ask for. CB is becoming his natural position now.


He isn't going to be Collins or Ed Reed even playing well. He is actually more of a SS than FS. It means we have to play 2 deep which makes the holes in the zones bigger. If we could get somebody deep that can cover the entire deep field, it makes it possible for the others to tighten coverage underneath.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:01:20 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 640
Applause Received: 1,319

Until Shields is beaten out of his corner slot, you can't even think of moving him to safety. And right now he is a starter with House getting closer to getting back on the field. When House eventually supplants Shields, then Haywood has to do the same. When Shields is our dime corner - then you can entertain those thoughts. But until then, he's a corner.

I'm not sold on Woodson at safety yet. He does not have the speed to play center field. Wood is a man without a traditional position - and basically is a wild card for Capers to play with.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:08:30 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

No.

I don't think he has the physicality to play the position.

Shields had a rough week, but for the most part I think he has played decently this season. Let's see how it works today, I have a feeling that this may be a week where the Packers defense gets to work on some things during the game.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:28:46 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Until Shields is beaten out of his corner slot, you can't even think of moving him to safety. And right now he is a starter with House getting closer to getting back on the field. When House eventually supplants Shields, then Haywood has to do the same. When Shields is our dime corner - then you can entertain those thoughts. But until then, he's a corner.

I'm not sold on Woodson at safety yet. He does not have the speed to play center field. Wood is a man without a traditional position - and basically is a wild card for Capers to play with.



Are you over rating Davon House, or under appreciating Sam Shields here?

Sam Shields > Davon House ... just watch them play ... its a clear as can be.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:59:49 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Are you over rating Davon House, or under appreciating Sam Shields here?

Sam Shields > Davon House ... just watch them play ... its a clear as can be.


I think it is more of giving us a point of discussion. I like these threads where we have to think out of the box a little.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:47:16 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 110

I keep seeing this Sean Richardson (S) listed on the injury report.Who is he and where/when did he come from.Is he a FA or a draftee this year?Will he be a factor this season if he can get on the field?
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline ntharp06  
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:54:23 AM(UTC)
ntharp06

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

United States
Joined: 9/12/2012(UTC)


Richardson was an undrafted free agent this year from Vanderbilt. He and Casey Hayward played together. Richardson never missed a game in three years and was an in the box safety who mainly tried to stop the run. He doesn't seem like a passing defender and it is noted on another site that his weaknesses included working in space and zone coverage.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:20:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: ntharp06 Go to Quoted Post
Richardson was an undrafted free agent this year from Vanderbilt. He and Casey Hayward played together. Richardson never missed a game in three years and was an in the box safety who mainly tried to stop the run. He doesn't seem like a passing defender and it is noted on another site that his weaknesses included working in space and zone coverage.


He might not be too good in the pass coverage department, I don't know. All I know is dude was always near the ball or making the tackle in the pre-season. I came away impressed.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 9:37:08 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,378
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Are you over rating Davon House, or under appreciating Sam Shields here?

Sam Shields > Davon House ... just watch them play ... its a clear as can be.


House won't surpass Shields this year, barring injury or something bizarre happening.

But he looked very, very good in the preseason.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

42m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

42m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / StarrMax1

1h / Random Babble / Gilligan

12h / Random Babble / dfosterf

31-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Gaycandybacon

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister

29-Aug / Around The NFL / OlHoss1884


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.