Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bboystyle  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:53:29 PM(UTC)
bboystyle

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 134
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 2

These refs constantly screw us on a play. That sack for a fumble would've easily been 3 points. That PI against Shields on 3rd down that got Indy a TD would've helped us as well. Yeah we should've dominated like we did in the first half but sometimes in the NFL things changed in a matter of minutes and when they do,its plays like those that i mentioned that win you games. This f*cking sucks
blank
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:55:05 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,675
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

The call on Nick Perry was correct. He lead with his helmet, so that isn't something the Packers fans can complain about. The call on Sam Shields was bullshit though, yes. I think that's the 3rd or 4th time he's been shoved/interfered with and had interference called on him, instead of correctly for him.

Every team has calls go their way and against them.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline bboystyle  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:02:38 PM(UTC)
bboystyle

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 134
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 2

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
The call on Nick Perry was correct. He lead with his helmet, so that isn't something the Packers fans can complain about. The call on Sam Shields was bullshit though, yes. I think that's the 3rd or 4th time he's been shoved/interfered with and had interference called on him, instead of correctly for him.

Every team has calls go their way and against them.


he didnt lead with his helmet. The way he hit him at an angle made it look like he lead with the helmet. but replay showed it was false. Even announcers said it was a bad call...
blank
Offline Wade  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:03:55 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,768
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

on the other hand, the vikings have the Triplett crew this week. Big Grin
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:08:59 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,675
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Originally Posted by: bboystyle Go to Quoted Post
he didnt lead with his helmet. The way he hit him at an angle made it look like he lead with the helmet. but replay showed it was false. Even announcers said it was a bad call...


The announcers kept calling Andrew Luck Aaron Rodgers, so you really want to trust them? Seriously?

The rule disallows leading with the helmet and one of the announcers made that comment as well. So did one of the Packers sports writers.

They also said something bout him launching? I don't know about that, but they didn't either, they were questioning it.


Anyhow, from what I know of the rule, it was the right call because he lead with the crown of his helmet.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dyeah_gb  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:19:37 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 523
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 24

I thought this pose was going to say. Its gonna be hard to win close games when you lose a 21-3 lead in the second half. Not happy with many of the ref's calls but the players can look solely at themselves for this collapse.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:34:32 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,675
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb Go to Quoted Post
I thought this pose was going to say. Its gonna be hard to win close games when you lose a 21-3 lead in the second half. Not happy with many of the ref's calls but the players can look solely at themselves for this collapse.


The refs shouldn't even be mentioned in this game. The Packers had a plethora of oppurtunities to put this game away. They failed. It has nothing to do with the referee's. Yes, they made some bad calls, but it happens in every game for/against every team.

Charles Woodson has his hands on 3 passes. Catch just one of those, it changes the game. Tramon Williams catches his cleanly, changes the game.

I'd rather see Starks active than Green. He lacks big play, but hes consistently getting positive yards where Green would go backwards.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:35:46 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,930
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

As much as Aaron Rodgers totally sucked shit today, he should get credit for another 4th quarter comeback.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline dyeah_gb  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:41:31 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 523
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 24

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
As much as Aaron Rodgers totally sucked shit today, he should get credit for another 4th quarter comeback.


I am actually not happy with Rodgers play in the second half. He should be looking for consistent drives to eat the clock and keep momentum with our team but instead he appears to be spending way too much time looking for the big yard play. It is shocking to me that this is still happening after the previous 4 games. I will give him some sympathy for the massive amount of drops though.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:42:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,675
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
As much as Aaron Rodgers totally sucked shit today, he should get credit for another 4th quarter comeback.


Why? Because Alex Green had a 40+ yard run that made it 1st and goal? How about we stop kissing Aaron Rodgers ass? He's playing mediocre football, period. The guy has to quit trying deep all the time and hit the underneath guy. Again, we seen the short guy open and ignored.

The Packers have over complicated their offense and defense. Get back to the fundamentals for crying out loud.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
gotarace on 10/7/2012(UTC), macbob on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:45:22 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,930
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Why? Because Alex Green had a 40+ yard run that made it 1st and goal? How about we stop kissing Aaron Rodgers ass? He's playing mediocre football, period. The guy has to quit trying deep all the time and hit the underneath guy. Again, we seen the short guy open and ignored.

The Packers have over complicated their offense and defense. Get back to the fundamentals for crying out loud.


I think he's worse than mediocre. I was calling for him to be benched!

Just sayin'.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Rios39  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:50:56 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 592
Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

He's had adequate time to get the ball out. Even on some 6 man blitzes the pressure was picked up and he STILL had the ball in his hands after 4-5 seconds. That's inexcusable.

Even in 2010 I find when he's forced to make short throws and DRIVE the ball down the field he struggles. If not for great defense in 2010 we would never have won the SB. Time and time again the ball was given to the opponent with a chance to win due to the offense coming out like a bat out of hell to start the game, only to look horrendous for the rest of the game.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:52:10 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,675
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Apparently that 2.5 clock in practice was useless for Aaron Rodgers.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:55:26 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,930
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: Rios39 Go to Quoted Post
He's had adequate time to get the ball out. Even on some 6 man blitzes the pressure was picked up and he STILL had the ball in his hands after 4-5 seconds. That's inexcusable.

Even in 2010 I find when he's forced to make short throws and DRIVE the ball down the field he struggles. If not for great defense in 2010 we would never have won the SB. Time and time again the ball was given to the opponent with a chance to win due to the offense coming out like a bat out of hell to start the game, only to look horrendous for the rest of the game.


Clay Matthews broke us out of the "lull" we had in the Superbowl with the fumble he forced from Mendenhall.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Rios39  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:06:51 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 592
Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Clay Matthews broke us out of the "lull" we had in the Superbowl with the fumble he forced from Mendenhall.


Yes and we came out strong against the Bears in the NFC champion ship game and the Eagles in the wild card game only to spin our tires and do absolutely nothing offensively for the rest of the game.
blank
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
19m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

2h / Random Babble / texaspackerbacker

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / StoicFire

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.