Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:38:47 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 154
Applause Received: 118

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Forgot to mention, two clutch FG misses by Crosby.

Both awful kicks. Both 50+ yards. The mental fuck-up before the second kick you just knew he was going to miss. Really can't believe they ran out of time and needed a time out on a spiked ball. Don't know who messed that up from a play call perspective but it looked in the second half that we had the rookie QB.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:40:44 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post
Both awful kicks. Both 50+ yards. The mental fuck-up before the second kick you just knew he was going to miss. Really can't believe they ran out of time and needed a time out on a spiked ball. Don't know who messed that up from a play call perspective but it looked in the second half that we had the rookie QB.

I couldn't believe they didn't use timouts on defense. The Colts only had a certain number of plays left anyway when they got down in their own red zone.

PackerUpdate

Quote:
MM: "I feel like we underachieved." You think?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:47:39 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,369

This is the worst humiliation since the Favre/Queens game where our answer for JARED ALLEN was to move DARRYN COLLEDGE out to LEFT TACKLE.

I was calling for Rodgers to be benched part way through the 4th.

Here's what cost us IMO:

1: Patented Mike McCarthy Lull.

2: Arodge holding the ball for 8 seconds looking deep when it's not there.

Why all the long developing plays all the time. Where's the fucking checkdown back? And put EDS in for old as fuck Saturday. He keeps getting shoved right into Rodger's pocket.

Agree on McCarthy though. The guy can look like a genius one minute and a dumbass the next.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:58:25 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I couldn't believe they didn't use timouts on defense. The Colts only had a certain number of plays left anyway when they got down in their own red zone.

PackerUpdate

Yes. HUGE difference if we had 1 minute rather than 35 seconds.

(Note I'm not being sarcastic. 25 more seconds is 2 more plays. Convert one first down and we're talking about a 35-40 yard kick instead of a 50+ yard kick).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Online yooperfan  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 4:47:18 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 632
Applause Received: 291

They were so busy at halftime patting themselves on the back over the easy win they were going to have that they forgot that they had to play 2 more quarters.
McCarthys teams have, and never have had, no killer instinct.
And why should they when they have a head coach that felt he had to call the ref who gave his team the biggest fucking in NFL history, to make him feel better.
None of the great coaches, past or present, would have even thought of such gutless nonsense.

No playoffs, no MVP quarterback, no all pro players. This team will be lucky to be 8-8.
Pathetic, very pathetic.
Offline Pack93z  
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:01:14 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Nothing to be humiliated about. The Packers just not that good of a team, from players to coaches.

Not right now if we become one dimensional. I want to see it improve, I think it will. But we are definitely chewing up any of cushion we may have had. The last two Superbowl winners developed as the season ran its course...
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline shield4life  
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:02:00 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Really sad this game ... Face. Palm. Duh! ... I've never seen a team shoot themselves so much in there foot as much as the Packers are doing this year. We've had worst defense and had 2 losses last year compared to this year we're all ready at 3.

All tho can't take Applause credit from the Colts
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline coltonja  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:07:07 PM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 61
Applause Received: 32

Wow this thread is sad. I've been catching up on the other posts too and they look to be just as dire. The sad thing is that they are not kneee jerk reactions from unknowledgeable fans. I could be one of the maddest of posters, as I drove to the game and witnessed this debacle firsthand.

That being said, I'm deeply ashamed of the effort our team put on the field today. The first half was utter dominance in all phases and the second a complete embarrassment. But I'm not ready to turn this season in. Teams that are hot in October rarely even make the Super Bowl. We need a turnaround on offense, no doubt, but I trust Mike McCarthy (who will hopefully learn how to create a running sheme and stick to it) and most of all Aaron Rodgers to be able to lead this team. Super Bowl this year? Right now, probably not. But I'll never give up on our team when we have Aaron under center.
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
StoicFire on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:19:57 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Not right now if we become one dimensional. I want to see it improve, I think it will. But we are definitely chewing up any of cushion we may have had. The last two Superbowl winners developed as the season ran its course...

All we keep hearing is ... the big plays will come ... this will happen ... that will happen and yet ... 2 - 3.

I'm not writing them off ... just tired of all the same words and no action.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:40:57 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
All we keep hearing is ... the big plays will come ... this will happen ... that will happen and yet ... 2 - 3.

I'm not writing them off ... just tired of all the same words and no action.

Yes. I shouldn't be writing us off. Just a knee jerk reaction to a blown 21-3 lead against a team that won't even break a winning record.

This team does lack fire though. Hoping we can get some fire in the second half of the season and we can get up to 4-4 to start the 2nd half. If so, we still got a shot.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed