Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:44:34 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,369

We are not a focused football team. We commit stupid penalties, do not execute, and get out hustled by inferior competition. Give the Colts their due - they took the game from us.

And McCarthy needs to pull his head out of his ass and call a better game. 21-3 and doesn't even try running the ball the whole second half. I don't care if Benson was knocked out.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 10/8/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:50:35 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
We are not a focused football team. We commit stupid penalties, do not execute, and get out hustled by inferior competition. Give the Colts their due - they took the game from us.

And McCarthy needs to pull his head out of his ass and call a better game. 21-3 and doesn't even try running the ball the whole second half. I don't care if Benson was knocked out.

Mike McCarthy needs to hire a shrink to consult on actually having this team ready to play a full 60 once in awhile.

Same old same old.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline porky88  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:13:59 PM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 408

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
MM needs to hire a shrink to consult on actually having this team ready to play a full 60 once in awhile.

Same old same old.

Perhaps McCarthy needs to hire someone to get him ready to coach.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Offline Rios39  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:16:51 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

The thing is whenever we tried to run Green would make a dumb cut and it'd be 2nd and 12 and we'd end up throwing. A few drives started out with runs that put us behind the 8 ball and then the game started to get close to where we had to throw because our runs were not going positive yardage post benson injury.

If we aren't going to run the ball we need to be shortening these routes up. I don't mind running a few deep routes but at least put some check down receivers out there.
blank
Offline StoicFire  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:33:44 PM(UTC)
StoicFire

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/19/2010(UTC)
Location: Bloomington, IN

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 54

I'm not a fan of all the McCarthy bashing no matter how bad this last loss was. He is an intelligent, prepared, accountable coach with one Super Bowl win so far.

A coach can only do so much though... at some point the players must execute as directed.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
Offline blueleopard  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:58:38 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/22/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 72

So was Jon Gruden. You don't see him on the field anymore.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline zombieslayer  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 9:01:59 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: StoicFire Go to Quoted Post
I'm not a fan of all the McCarthy bashing no matter how bad this last loss was. He is an intelligent, prepared, accountable coach with one Super Bowl win so far.

A coach can only do so much though... at some point the players must execute as directed.


I'd actually rank Mike McCarthy as one of the top 5 play-callers in the NFL.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline macbob  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 5:06:51 AM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 304
Applause Received: 252

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I'd actually rank Mike McCarthy as one of the top 5 play-callers in the NFL.


I'd agree for the most part, zombie. The exception being when he switches to his Madden video game offense, which unfortunately he's done more than once this year.

The latest being when we were up 18 at half and you'd kinda expect more runs to eat some time off the clock instead of pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass--which is how we started the 2nd half.

I put most of that on MM--the formations we came out in were shotguns. Wasn't Aaron Rodgers audibling out of a run to a pass unless Mike McCarthy had called a draw play from the shotgun.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 7:04:55 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
I'd agree for the most part, zombie. The exception being when he switches to his Madden video game offense, which unfortunately he's done more than once this year.

The latest being when we were up 18 at half and you'd kinda expect more runs to eat some time off the clock instead of pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass--which is how we started the 2nd half.

I put most of that on MM--the formations we came out in were shotguns. Wasn't Aaron Rodgers audibling out of a run to a pass unless Mike McCarthy had called a draw play from the shotgun.


Had Aaron Rodgers hit some of his underneath receivers instead of going for the 25+ yard completion, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. I saw a few times where there was someone open underneath, but Aaron Rodgers gunned it for the guy deeper downfield.

I think that MVP went to Aaron Rodgers's head. He needs to take what he can get. Hate to say it, but maybe Aaron Rodgers should be watching more Tom Brady videos. Brady will take a 5 yard completion to open up another 5 yard completion to open up another 5 yard completion to open up the 40 yard completion.

That stuff chews up the clock almost as well as a running game does.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Porforis  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 7:36:50 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Rios39 Go to Quoted Post
The thing is whenever we tried to run Green would make a dumb cut and it'd be 2nd and 12 and we'd end up throwing. A few drives started out with runs that put us behind the 8 ball and then the game started to get close to where we had to throw because our runs were not going positive yardage post benson injury.

If we aren't going to run the ball we need to be shortening these routes up. I don't mind running a few deep routes but at least put some check down receivers out there.


I am now convinced that our inability to run outside is a coaching issue first, line issue second. It didn't work well with Grant, it didn't work well with Starks, it hasn't worked well with Benson, and it was terrible with Green. You do need to run it outside at least a few times a game to keep the defense honest, but it sure would be nice to get positive yards once in a while rather than seeing the play develop so slowly and defenders swarming through.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
8m / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla