Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline K_Buz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:01:05 PM(UTC)
K_Buz

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 208
Joined: 8/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 19

Woodson is done...D-O-N-E...DONE.

The guy came into Green Bay and gave us some good years, but you can stick a fork in him now. He's a liability out there.
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:07:31 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,752
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
Woodson is done...D-O-N-E...DONE.

The guy came into Green Bay and gave us some good years, but you can stick a fork in him now. He's a liability out there.


As a corner, I agree, but as a safety.. I will disagree.

I would say against quality receivers, Wayne is one of them, his man on man coverage days are over.

But there is much football left in that cat. A ton.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:37:11 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Wait. How did Woodson get the goat of that game? He's been doing pretty well this year so far. In the first four games, he's got 1.5 sacks, 1 INT, and a forced fumble. Hardly stats of someone you'd want to retire.

Wayne beat us all. He was the savior of that game for the Colts (although hats off to Luck as well for not giving up after getting beaten up in the first half pretty badly). It wasn't Woodson's fault.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Online yooperfan  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:38:59 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,766
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 525
Applause Received: 243

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
Woodson is done...D-O-N-E...DONE.

The guy came into Green Bay and gave us some good years, but you can stick a fork in him now. He's a liability out there.


I agree he looked slow old and cold in the Giants game last year.
He looks even slower this year.


Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:40:10 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,675
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Wait. How did Woodson get the goat of that game? He's been doing pretty well this year so far. In the first four games, he's got 1.5 sacks, 1 INT, and a forced fumble. Hardly stats of someone you'd want to retire.

Wayne beat us all. He was the savior of that game for the Colts (although hats off to Luck as well for not giving up after getting beaten up in the first half pretty badly). It wasn't Woodson's fault.


I think he had three passes defense too where he almost picked them. Maybe two?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:43:18 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,752
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think he had three passes defense too where he almost picked them. Maybe two?


And he got away with at least a handful of defensive holding down the field.. one in the end zone.

My opinion, the Packers should have sat Williams or Shield on Wayne with a bracket over the top of Woodson someplace within the game when it was apparent he was killing them. However he even when two defender were near him he was catching the rock.. impressive catches I may add.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:52:13 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think he had three passes defense too where he almost picked them. Maybe two?


Well, he would have had one INT if it wasn't for two of our defenders crashing into each other like we're the 3 Stooges.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:55:24 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,675
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
And he got away with at least a handful of defensive holding down the field.. one in the end zone.

My opinion, the Packers should have sat Williams or Shield on Wayne with a bracket over the top of Woodson someplace within the game when it was apparent he was killing them. However he even when two defender were near him he was catching the rock.. impressive catches I may add.


My choice ... Casey Hayward. I think he got the pick covering Reggie Wayne, lol.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:02:57 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,263
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

With Wood you have to subtract the defensive holding calls from his big plays and calculate if you still have a great player. And I think the answer is no. You now have a once elite player that is two steps slower and is not worth the money we are paying him. There's two things I'm positive of: he cannot play corner outside on an island, and he can't even cover 2/3 of the area that Nick Collins could. We have regressed. Woodson to me is now a situational player - he should be in the subpackages and we should be getting McMillian more playing time.
UserPostedImage
Offline shield4life  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:10:38 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,243
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Montreal

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

We need a lot more help then I had thought this off season!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline StoicFire  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:26:16 PM(UTC)
StoicFire

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 175
Joined: 10/19/2010(UTC)
Location: Bloomington, IN

Applause Given: 28
Applause Received: 50

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
With Wood you have to subtract the defensive holding calls from his big plays and calculate if you still have a great player. And I think the answer is no. You now have a once elite player that is two steps slower and is not worth the money we are paying him. There's two things I'm positive of: he cannot play corner outside on an island, and he can't even cover 2/3 of the area that Nick Collins could. We have regressed. Woodson to me is now a situational player - he should be in the subpackages and we should be getting McMillian more playing time.


I still think Woodson can play, just not spectacularly in all of the situations we put him in. He may settle into the safety role fairly well with time, but as of right now I think he's playing it a little too aggressively.

I do agree though, that he is probably not worth the money we are paying him. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of contract restructuring down the road.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
Offline stevegb  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:45:55 PM(UTC)
stevegb

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 111
Joined: 10/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 9
Applause Received: 4

We haven't been beaten that badly by one receiver since that play-off game where Plaxico Burress beat us.
blank
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 9:27:38 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,656
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
And he got away with at least a handful of defensive holding down the field.. one in the end zone.

My opinion, the Packers should have sat Williams or Shield on Wayne with a bracket over the top of Woodson someplace within the game when it was apparent he was killing them. However he even when two defender were near him he was catching the rock.. impressive catches I may add.


Defensive Holding BS. It is called defense. Every single one of those plays he "got away with". There was just as much contact from the receiver as from Woodson. FYI. It is just as illegal for the offensive player as it is for the defensive play.

Wayne was covered and making plays on everybody. Williams, shields, Woody, Burnett you name the DB.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:10:00 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,925
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Defensive Holding BS. It is called defense. Every single one of those plays he "got away with". There was just as much contact from the receiver as from Woodson. FYI. It is just as illegal for the offensive player as it is for the defensive play.

Wayne was covered and making plays on everybody. Williams, shields, Woody, Burnett you name the DB.


I'd really like to see them clear up the pass interference rules.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 8:20:18 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,783
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
Woodson is done...D-O-N-E...DONE.

The guy came into Green Bay and gave us some good years, but you can stick a fork in him now. He's a liability out there.


I am starting to have some of the same feelings about Charles Woodson. I think he is not as good at S as he is playing CB. Throw in his loss of speed to cover, and what have we got with him? I love the guy and respect the hell out of what he has brought to our team. However, his play is on the downside, and it is apparent. How many INTs has he dropped this year? More than 5? It is somewhere around there. He is holding way more because he no longer has the recovery speed. I think this is pretty plain to see.

We may need younger, faster playing speed at S opposite Morgan Burnett.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
40m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

58m / Green Bay Packers Talk / StarrMax1

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Random Babble / Dulak

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.