Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cal2GreenBay  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:26:39 PM(UTC)
Cal2GreenBay

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 11

I HATE to say it, but is the team...really not that good?

Indy had far less talent on the defensive side, than Seattle.

Andrew Luck, I've said in the past, could be the t1000 version of Aaron Rodgers.
It looks like he will be. Even in his Super Bowl year, Aaron couldn't shrug off an athletic big linebacker like Matthews and still make a 30 yard throw.

Aaron does look like he has reached his ceiling.

It just looks like this team has been figured out.

Really tough one to accept today.

And Jay Cutler is 4-1
blank
Sponsor
Offline rabidgopher04  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:38:35 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 109
Applause Received: 126

Yeah, it's a little weird. They had everything going for them last year, actually from the last few games of 2010 through the playoffs and into most of 2011. Since then they have looked really average. Aaron's accuracy is down, receivers dropping the ball more often, less calls going the Packers' way, D not getting turnovers. It all adds up to looking mediocre. Maybe they get hot again later in the season.
Do you like bacon?
Offline blueleopard  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:56:36 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 60

They need some sort of spark. Beating Houston will do that, but that's not an easy task. Everything they do works, and J.J. Watt is the early-season DPOY.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:59:13 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 572

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
They need some sort of spark. Beating Houston will do that, but that's not an easy task. Everything they do works, and J.J. Watt is the early-season DPOY.

This teams plays both up and down to it's opponents. Usually.

Occasionally they just straight up shit themselves.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 9:22:00 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 66

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay Go to Quoted Post
I HATE to say it, but is the team...really not that good?

Aaron does look like he has reached his ceiling.

I think last year was probably Aaron reaching his ceiling... and no one should have an issue with that because of his exceptionally high level of play most of last year.

But Aaron this year? He has regressed, it seems. The way the talent around him is playing also has been a major factor in his play, no doubt. But it seems he has regressed as well to holding the ball too long and at times not taking what the defence is giving him.

Frankly, each passing week it's more evident that our team really is not all that good. They may have talent, but cannot translate that into performance.

Perhaps the solution is to have another "come to Jesus" type meeting that our offense had a few years ago, where apparently all offensive players called each other out (O-line block better, WRs execute and catch better, and QB to release the ball sooner). It just shocking the amount we've regressed when we arguably have slightly better talent than last year. It should not be this bad.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Cal2GreenBay on 10/7/2012(UTC), zombieslayer on 10/8/2012(UTC)
Offline Rios39  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:00:47 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

It seems like we go over the same thing every other year with Rodgers holding onto the ball too long. Actually in both 2009 and early 2010 he was guilty of this but I thought with his play in late 2010 through all of last year that part of him is gone but here it is. The same old thing again. When a blitz is coming you can't stand in there for 4-5 seconds lol it's ridiculous and one of the most embarrassing things for an offense.
blank
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:11:38 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 572

Originally Posted by: Rios39 Go to Quoted Post
It seems like we go over the same thing every other year with Rodgers holding onto the ball too long. Actually in both 2009 and early 2010 he was guilty of this but I thought with his play in late 2010 through all of last year that part of him is gone but here it is. The same old thing again. When a blitz is coming you can't stand in there for 4-5 seconds lol it's ridiculous and one of the most embarrassing things for an offense.

The good news is it's something he can work on.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Cal2GreenBay  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 11:08:27 PM(UTC)
Cal2GreenBay

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 11

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The good news is it's something he can work on.

It's just funny that Luck handles it better
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Offline Packfan87  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:26:21 AM(UTC)
Packfan87

United States

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 5

Let's just trade Rodgers for Luck....? Shrug

Hah...but in all seriousness the game was very discouraging. Our defense is improved over last year, but it won't win us games. I'm just shocked with how poorly our offense has played, and I pray that Mike McCarthy has an answer. I think the only positive thing on our offense right now is Cobb...
Offline Porforis  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:52:01 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

If we catch half the balls on defense that hit us in the hands, we're 4-1 without breaking a sweat. We've got the talent, we're just not executing. Williams has been dropping a lot of balls, and we've seen a few occasions where multiple DBs are in a position to pick off a pass and they run into each other.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:56:54 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: Rios39 Go to Quoted Post

While he very much did hold onto the ball too much vs the Seachickens, he wasn't touched in the first half and in the second half, he often had pressure from all directions and it didn't seem as though any receivers were breaking off their routes to help Rodgers out when he was under duress. You can't throw the ball away when you've got a guy in your face, a guy to your left, and a guy to your right, nor can you roll out to buy yourself more time. I'm discouraged that McCarthy didn't call more screens, they've got a dangerous man in Cobb who not only can do great things for you in the open field, but sets up some great fake opportunities. Let Cobb burn them on a screen or draw a couple times, then fake a reverse to him and go deep.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 7:07:30 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers Go to Quoted Post
I think last year was probably Aaron reaching his ceiling... and no one should have an issue with that because of his exceptionally high level of play most of last year.

But Aaron this year? He has regressed, it seems. The way the talent around him is playing also has been a major factor in his play, no doubt. But it seems he has regressed as well to holding the ball too long and at times not taking what the defence is giving him.

Frankly, each passing week it's more evident that our team really is not all that good. They may have talent, but cannot translate that into performance.

Perhaps the solution is to have another "come to Jesus" type meeting that our offense had a few years ago, where apparently all offensive players called each other out (O-line block better, WRs execute and catch better, and QB to release the ball sooner). It just shocking the amount we've regressed when we arguably have slightly better talent than last year. It should not be this bad.

Yes, if the D is giving him a 5 yard completion, sometimes, you just gotta take it. I don't understand why Aaron Rodgers thinks he has to complete the deeper routes every play.

You work up to those.

And yes, our OL is better than last year. The receivers are the same. Benson > Starks/Grant. There's no reason why our O should be this bad.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Porforis  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 7:34:40 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Yes, if the D is giving him a 5 yard completion, sometimes, you just gotta take it. I don't understand why Aaron Rodgers thinks he has to complete the deeper routes every play.

You work up to those.

And yes, our OL is better than last year. The receivers are the same. Benson > Starks/Grant. There's no reason why our O should be this bad.

I'm either blind or there hasn't BEEN someone less than 10, 15 yards deep 4 seconds into 90% of our passing plays.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 7:36:23 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post

You would think they should be better, but our OL is not playing like it, at all. Saturday sucked yesterday.

Porforis makes a great point on the dropped INTs. I think I saw 4 of them yesterday, one by Woodson, two by Williams, and I cannot recall who dropped the 4th one. Can't have that.

Where the F was our pass rush? Against a depleted line? Our DL totaled 5 tackles and 1 sack. Those are piss poor numbers.

The list of underachievers from this game is long. Mike McCarthy and his staff are at the top of the list.
Offline Yerko  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 9:00:03 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 228

Didn't get to see this game and well, I am kind of happy I didn't because I am a little less upset about it...until I saw the highlights of the game.

W...T...F?

I wouldn't necessarily call the team mediocre. We have the personnel and when used correctly, they succeed. I would use the word UNDERACHIEVERS. To be up on the Colts by 18 at halftime and then come out like that in the second half and shit your pants? My goodness.

How embarrassing.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed