Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline StoicFire  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:26:16 PM(UTC)
StoicFire

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/19/2010(UTC)
Location: Bloomington, IN

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 54

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
With Wood you have to subtract the defensive holding calls from his big plays and calculate if you still have a great player. And I think the answer is no. You now have a once elite player that is two steps slower and is not worth the money we are paying him. There's two things I'm positive of: he cannot play corner outside on an island, and he can't even cover 2/3 of the area that Nick Collins could. We have regressed. Woodson to me is now a situational player - he should be in the subpackages and we should be getting McMillian more playing time.


I still think Woodson can play, just not spectacularly in all of the situations we put him in. He may settle into the safety role fairly well with time, but as of right now I think he's playing it a little too aggressively.

I do agree though, that he is probably not worth the money we are paying him. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of contract restructuring down the road.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
Offline stevegb  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:45:55 PM(UTC)
stevegb

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 10

We haven't been beaten that badly by one receiver since that play-off game where Plaxico Burress beat us.
blank
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 9:27:38 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
And he got away with at least a handful of defensive holding down the field.. one in the end zone.

My opinion, the Packers should have sat Williams or Shield on Wayne with a bracket over the top of Woodson someplace within the game when it was apparent he was killing them. However he even when two defender were near him he was catching the rock.. impressive catches I may add.


Defensive Holding BS. It is called defense. Every single one of those plays he "got away with". There was just as much contact from the receiver as from Woodson. FYI. It is just as illegal for the offensive player as it is for the defensive play.

Wayne was covered and making plays on everybody. Williams, shields, Woody, Burnett you name the DB.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:10:00 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Defensive Holding BS. It is called defense. Every single one of those plays he "got away with". There was just as much contact from the receiver as from Woodson. FYI. It is just as illegal for the offensive player as it is for the defensive play.

Wayne was covered and making plays on everybody. Williams, shields, Woody, Burnett you name the DB.


I'd really like to see them clear up the pass interference rules.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 8:20:18 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
Woodson is done...D-O-N-E...DONE.

The guy came into Green Bay and gave us some good years, but you can stick a fork in him now. He's a liability out there.


I am starting to have some of the same feelings about Charles Woodson. I think he is not as good at S as he is playing CB. Throw in his loss of speed to cover, and what have we got with him? I love the guy and respect the hell out of what he has brought to our team. However, his play is on the downside, and it is apparent. How many INTs has he dropped this year? More than 5? It is somewhere around there. He is holding way more because he no longer has the recovery speed. I think this is pretty plain to see.

We may need younger, faster playing speed at S opposite Morgan Burnett.
Offline play2win  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 8:21:38 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I am starting to have some of the same feelings about Charles Woodson. I think he is not as good at S as he is playing CB. Throw in his loss of speed to cover, and what have we got with him? I love the guy and respect the hell out of what he has brought to our team. However, his play is on the downside, and it is apparent. How many INTs has he dropped this year? More than 5? It is somewhere around there. He is holding way more because he no longer has the recovery speed. I think this is pretty plain to see.

We may need younger, faster playing speed at S opposite Morgan Burnett.


It doesn't help that he is the highest paid player on the Packers at over $11M this year.
Offline Pack93z  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 8:50:08 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Defensive Holding BS. It is called defense. Every single one of those plays he "got away with". There was just as much contact from the receiver as from Woodson. FYI. It is just as illegal for the offensive player as it is for the defensive play.

Wayne was covered and making plays on everybody. Williams, shields, Woody, Burnett you name the DB.


Hey.. I don't like the rules in the NFL these days at all.. but they are what they are. You cannot pin the receivers arm to his body or grab his jersey coming out of the break. Those are clear.

I love the way he plays the game, I really do. But the rules, currently in the NFL favor the receiver and the passing game. I wish the officials would call pass interference more evenly, but it never has been.

All I am saying is that Woodson has limitations at this point, but he is far from done. I do not like him being matched up against great receivers and up. I think he has to use the entire bag of tricks to stay with the receivers because he physically can't match their moves and breaks in and out of the routes.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 9:06:30 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Hey.. I don't like the rules in the NFL these days at all.. but they are what they are. You cannot pin the receivers arm to his body or grab his jersey coming out of the break. Those are clear.

I love the way he plays the game, I really do. But the rules, currently in the NFL favor the receiver and the passing game. I wish the officials would call pass interference more evenly, but it never has been.

All I am saying is that Woodson has limitations at this point, but he is far from done. I do not like him being matched up against great receivers and up. I think he has to use the entire bag of tricks to stay with the receivers because he physically can't match their moves and breaks in and out of the routes.


Yes the rules are what they are. It is illegal for offensive players to initiate contact and push to gains separation. And that applies from the snap of the ball, until the pass is touched. Every play, that is what happened.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 10:12:21 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Yes the rules are what they are. It is illegal for offensive players to initiate contact and push to gains separation. And that applies from the snap of the ball, until the pass is touched. Every play, that is what happened.


I will have to agree to disagree, was there some contact from Wayne, yes. But anything outside of the normal, which applies to the even the Packers receivers, I didn't see it.

I did see Wayne catch a ball with Woodson baring his right arm and miss one in the endzone with his arm pinned down.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 5:52:32 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Wait. How did Woodson get the goat of that game? He's been doing pretty well this year so far. In the first four games, he's got 1.5 sacks, 1 INT, and a forced fumble. Hardly stats of someone you'd want to retire.

Wayne beat us all. He was the savior of that game for the Colts (although hats off to Luck as well for not giving up after getting beaten up in the first half pretty badly). It wasn't Woodson's fault.


Watch the game again folks. This isn't going against you Zombie, but the reason Woodson was on Wayne alot in the second half was because Wayne made Williams look like a high school cornerback.

Wayne had 7 of his catches in the 2nd half and 5 of those were on there last drive.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / luigis

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins