Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 12:37:50 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,118

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. Go to Quoted Post
Randall Cobb is the only player on our team that has elite speed to get to the outside with this offensive line, in my opinion.

40 yd dash
Randall Cobb - 4.46
Alex Green - 4.53

20 yd shuttle
Randall Cobb - 4.34
Alex Green - 4.15

http://www.nfl.com/draft...es/alex-green?id=2495287
http://www.nfl.com/draft.../randall-cobb?id=2495448
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 12:54:17 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
The only running play that I have seen work to the outside is when Cobb gets the call. I can't recall a single outside run that has worked with anyone other than Cobb.

Yes. Cobb is the ONLY runner I saw who can make it outside. The others, we're lucky to get 2 yards with.

This is the way our OL is. It's actually pretty good this year at opening up holes in the middle. Why we're not running between the Tackles more, I have no idea. Besides the single play when Green tripped over his own feet, Green looked promising. We should have used him more. Or at least used him for a few screens.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline play2win  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 2:05:01 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Yeah zombie, our OL does seem way better at run plays between the Tackles. I don't get their stretch plays either. Horrible.
Offline Rios39  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 4:13:59 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

We need Starks back. He has the ability to get outside the edge and make some solid up the field runs. He had a solid average last year as well and that was not playing as much. Alex Green is explosive but he makes some poor cuts... We'll see what happens if they get him in the I formation and run the ball.

When Starks is back and hopefully at full strength we can use him and Benson in different roles. Remember we won the SB in a fairly large part due to Starks being a solid runner.
blank
Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 5:27:24 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,556
Applause Received: 640

Originally Posted by: Rios39 Go to Quoted Post
We need Starks back. He has the ability to get outside the edge and make some solid up the field runs. He had a solid average last year as well and that was not playing as much. Alex Green is explosive but he makes some poor cuts... We'll see what happens if they get him in the I formation and run the ball.

When Starks is back and hopefully at full strength we can use him and Benson in different roles. Remember we won the SB in a fairly large part due to Starks being a solid runner.

They got down on Starks, because he wasn't assignment sure. There were numerous situations where Arodge was bitching at him on the field, after having failed to pick up a blitzer, or gotten the play wrong. Including this preseason.

Hopefully, he'll get it together.

Now, Mike McCarthy said last season that Saine was their most consistent guy at the position. Dude's got size and speed too. The rap on him is that he's raw.

We saw what Green can do in the last game. He can bust one for a large gain. Frankly Saine can do that too, and to some degree Starks as well, although he's not as fast as Saine and Green.

I'd like to see them run some of those Cobb screens to Green. He's got kind of a similar skill set, as a runner.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#21 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:09:12 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

The real genius is Dakota T, for summing up our teams problems in two simple words: "NO FOCUS" - that is a top-down problem. We had so many players underperform yesterday, at nearly every position on the team, which speaks directly to Mike McCarthy and an ill-prepared team.

Thanks man, it's a gift. But I don't usually take compliments well. I like being abused.

Hey VR - f*ck you buddy!
UserPostedImage
Offline StoicFire  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:15:22 PM(UTC)
StoicFire

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 54

No. Sorry, but this statement just does not hold water, not now. Prepared? How? Accountable? How? By saying he has to "fix this" in his post-game presser? Really? An intelligent, prepared and accountable coach will recognize a shift in momentum and make the necessary adjustments.

The real genius is Dakota T, for summing up our teams problems in two simple words: "NO FOCUS" - that is a top-down problem. We had so many players underperform yesterday, at nearly every position on the team, which speaks directly to Mike McCarthy and an ill-prepared team.

Accountability would have been on display had McCarthy fixed what went wrong in SEA. He didn't. Yesterday's 2nd half was the exact same story, different day, different team, same mistakes.

A bad result makes us all focus on what just happened and forget about the big picture. He is very prepared and very intelligent whether people want to admit it after a bad loss or not.

You said it yourself... so many players underperformed Sunday. Who is REALLY at fault when they [the players] underperform? McCarthy took responsibility because that is what good leaders do. And yeah, I do believe that McCarthy was caught off guard when Benson was lost to injury. I also believe that Capers was caught off guard when Raji was lost to injury. But neither of those things change my respect for either of those coaches.

Honestly though, I shouldn't have to defend these guys. Twenty years from now I'm sure I'll pay a visit to the McCarthy exhibit of the Packers Hall of Fame.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
Offline DarkaneRules  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:28:17 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 351

We could get creative on offense with the guys we have. Wish the coaches wanted to do that...
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:32:29 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
40 yd dash
Randall Cobb - 4.46
Alex Green - 4.53

20 yd shuttle
Randall Cobb - 4.34
Alex Green - 4.15

Brandon Saine

40yd dash - 4.40
20 yd shuttle 4.25

http://insider.espn.go.c..._/id/27259/brandon-saine
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline go.pack.go.  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:39:17 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
40 yd dash
Randall Cobb - 4.46
Alex Green - 4.53

20 yd shuttle
Randall Cobb - 4.34
Alex Green - 4.15

Track time is way different than football speed though. I think it's obvious when you compare the two running on the football field that Randall Cobb is the one with elite speed.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline DakotaT  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:54:26 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

You guys can take your stats and well, you know. Football games are won by the team that blocks, tackles, and executes better. All these stats and speed times is for, well, dumbasses. We are getting our asses kicked at the line of scrimmage and that is why we are losing football games.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 10/8/2012(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:30:31 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: StoicFire Go to Quoted Post
A bad result makes us all focus on what just happened and forget about the big picture. He is very prepared and very intelligent whether people want to admit it after a bad loss or not.

You said it yourself... so many players underperformed Sunday. Who is REALLY at fault when they [the players] underperform? McCarthy took responsibility because that is what good leaders do. And yeah, I do believe that McCarthy was caught off guard when Benson was lost to injury. I also believe that Capers was caught off guard when Raji was lost to injury. But neither of those things change my respect for either of those coaches.

Honestly though, I shouldn't have to defend these guys. Twenty years from now I'm sure I'll pay a visit to the McCarthy exhibit of the Packers Hall of Fame.

Yeah, I love the guy too. I respect him as a head coach of the Packers. I also think he showed exemplarary class in his handling of two horribly officiated games.

However, who coined "Next man up" as our mantra? If you don't have faith in that, then what is it really? He should have run with Green, Kuhn & Cobb more to take the heat off of Rodgers. TJ Lang said as much.

Run what you brung!

As for losing Raji, Capers & McCarthy should have had a plan for that, especially with him having already suffered an ankle injury. Part of that is on Thompson. I did not like our lack of depth at NT with our final roster. I was shocked they let Muir go. All of our problems on D last year stemmed from lack of quality personnel & depth on our DL.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:42:23 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

As for losing Raji, Capers & McCarthy should have had a plan for that, especially with him having already suffered an ankle injury. Part of that is on Thompson. I did not like our lack of depth at NT with our final roster. I was shocked they let Muir go. All of our problems on D last year stemmed from lack of quality personnel & depth on our DL.

You can only activate 46 guys on game day. Keep that in mind when you're blasting everyone for not having a plan to replace every single possible player. And consider one kicker, one punter and one long snapper, that puts you to 43 players. 22 starting positions, down to 21 of which one is a backup qb who is basically useless unless actually needed so really down to 20 to fill 21 positions. In other words, its nearly impossible to have a plan for everything.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:02:00 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Yeah Z2C, I hate that rule! A team ahould be able to use all 53 on their roster, especially with the new concussion rules.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:05:48 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Yeah Z2C, I hate that rule! A team ahould be able to use all 53 on their roster, especially with the new concussion rules.

True, but the rule is there to keep each team having the same amount of active players for each game. If you have a roster activation limit of 53 and one team has 3 guys hurt and the other team has 0 guys hurt, then the healthier team has an advantage. If you drop it to 46, then both teams will suit the same amount of players, thus in the NFL's view ... equally any possible competitive advantage from health concerns.
UserPostedImage