Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
play2win  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:39:26 AM(UTC)
I'm thinking we need to make a trade. Raji going down has exposed a huge weakness on our DL. As much as I like Ryan Pickett, he is getting up there and simply cannot take the same rep load the younger Raji does. What do you guys think? I'm kind of hoping Ted pulls the trigger on a deal here soon.

As mentioned prior to the draft, we are still relatively deep at WR and TE compared to many teams in the league.
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:43:21 AM(UTC)
Mike Neal is back, so no. Until he proves he's a complete bust by getting injured again or being ineffective, you don't trade. You don't make one position weaker to help another position. WR is the Packers strength and the star is already injured there.
yooperfan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:48:56 AM(UTC)
I say no.
I doubt we would get anybody in return who would actually bolster our roster.
Player for player trades are quite rare anyway.
play2win  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:55:03 AM(UTC)
I would trade Finley in about 8 seconds to add another wide body NT. Doesn't have to be a world beater, just someone else to eat up blockers for our LBs. Especially with us facing HOU Sunday.
PackFanWithTwins  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:16:38 AM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm thinking we need to make a trade. Raji going down has exposed a huge weakness on our DL. As much as I like Ryan Pickett, he is getting up there and simply cannot take the same rep load the younger Raji does. What do you guys think? I'm kind of hoping Ted pulls the trigger on a deal here soon.

As mentioned prior to the draft, we are still relatively deep at WR and TE compared to many teams in the league.

I don't think so. Pickett doesn't need to carry the snap load that Raji did. He only needs to carry about 50% of the total defensive snaps, if even that much. With the return of Neal, who looked pretty good in his first game back combined with Worthy, Daniels, Wilson. Put Pickett on the nose when we are in a true 3 man line which isnt' very often, and use him sparringly in 2 man formations.

The time is for the rushers to do what they were drafted for. The only time that I would really have concern is if we get into a goal-line situation when we actually used both Pickett and Raji at the same time.
play2win  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:01:32 AM(UTC)
I really liked what Neal did last week, and unfortunately, Daniels was inactive. As a fan, I'm not comfortable with us being so lean on DL depth, especially after last season, and especially at NT.
zombieslayer  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:11:28 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Mike Neal is back, so no. Until he proves he's a complete bust by getting injured again or being ineffective, you don't trade. You don't make one position weaker to help another position. WR is the Packers strength and the star is already injured there.

This. Neal was impressive in his first week back. He's only gonna get better.

Raji will be back for the Playoffs.
PackFanWithTwins  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:41:37 AM(UTC)
Only if they can get JJ.
Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:45:34 AM(UTC)
Why trade if we can pick up a Daniel Muir as a street free agent? IMO, he was as consistent as we had in the preseason.

No, we should not trade for a lineman unless we get real value and fits a three four. Real value meaning a young guy the can be part of the answer for a couple of years. That market isn't there..

Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:47:27 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins said: Go to Quoted Post
Only if they can get JJ.

Yep.. waiting for a scenario to be thrown out there. JJ for JJ.. or how about JJ for Woodson.. lol.

That could get me on another small pet peeve that I have of Ted Thompson, his reluctance to draft kids from Wisconsin. LOL.
Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:55:47 AM(UTC)
Packers drafted 32nd so ... getting J.J. Watt wasn't really gonna happen, lol. Wisconsin doesn't have any solid players for the NFL, other than OL.

Watt has 8.5 sacks in 5 games, had only 5.5 all last season. Hmm ...
Pack93z  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:33:27 AM(UTC)
Packers drafted 32nd so ... getting J.J. Watt wasn't really gonna happen, lol. Wisconsin doesn't have any solid players for the NFL, other than OL.

Did I say Watt.. no Watt wasn't dropping to us. But the Badgers only produce Lineman? Really.

Hmmm. currently in the NFL.

7 Offensive lineman.

5 Tight Ends , one next week which will be exploiting us. Daniels.

4 Defensive Lineman, One next week which will be haunting us.. lol.

3 Linebackers

2 Quarterbacks , One has beaten us this year already.

2 Fullbacks

2 Safeties

2 Wide Receivers

1 Punter

Which college last year produced the most draft picks? That is right, the Badgers. lol.
Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:43:26 AM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
Did I say Watt.. no Watt wasn't dropping to us.

The thread is about DL. Packers play against his team. I used him as a reference point because of such. No where did I say you or anyone said the Packers should have drafted him. Often times, I think of things that perhaps others may as well, so I throw it down in the post because I have an inquiring mind. This way, if someone else also wondered similarly (what position was Watt picked?), they do not need to do the research as I just posted it.

Currently in the NFL, is not being a solid contributor. When it comes to the line, yes, but skilled positions like RB and QB and WR and CB and S ... not so much. I almost throw TE in there with the line. Badgers provide the grunt guys, the touch SOB's that are no nonsense.

That's not a knock on Wisconsin so no need to get all defensive here. I'm a Badger threw and through and threw.
Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:47:13 AM(UTC)

That's not a knock on Wisconsin so no need to get all defensive here. I'm a Badger threw and through and threw.

Not being defensive.. just illustrating a point here. Mostly in a zestful rebuttal to your comment.

I care little about skill guys, unless you are discussing elite talents that impact otherwise they are just another player.. if you take care of the line of scrimmage, the rest will take care of itself.

Pack93z  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:49:22 AM(UTC)

Another point here, so for those wondering ( [grin1] ).. part time player last season as a rookie figuring out the NFL.. this year a full time player that has figured out that not all guys sell out on every play. He does.. so addition to his talent he is going full tilt every snap. That is a shame on the bulk of NFL players.

steveishere  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:59:59 AM(UTC)

2 Quarterbacks , One has beaten us this year already.

Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:07:50 PM(UTC)
Another point here, so for those wondering ( [grin1] ).. part time player last season as a rookie figuring out the NFL.. this year a full time player that has figured out that not all guys sell out on every play. He does.. so addition to his talent he is going full tilt every snap. That is a shame on the bulk of NFL players.

He is a beast, no question. A DL version of Clay Matthews III.

As for you QB one beat us this year. Funny, I didn't know any of the referee's from that game played QB and were from Wisconsin.
Pack93z  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:34:32 PM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post

Well played.. and yes. *

But as I was once taught early in playing games.. it is what it is.

And your record, at the end of the day, is your record. No what ifs or should have been.

Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:50:15 PM(UTC)
Well played.. and yes. *

But as I was once taught early in playing games.. it is what it is.

And your record, at the end of the day, is your record. No what ifs or should have been.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Pack93z  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:07:59 PM(UTC)
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

It is a matter of focus or attention.

We can, as fans or a team, either accept the hosing and work to offset the future effects in the future of what we can control, or allow it to consume and define us.

It sucks.. it did then, it will tomorrow that we should be 3-2 and not 2-3. But come December we can either be 10-3 and minimize that effect of that bullshit call. Or we can continue to point to it, and have it a focus come December again.

I used to torture myself with the past.. and allowed it to affect me going forward. Why. Screw it.. it is what it is. Next.
Rss Feed